Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-25-2023, 06:42 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bap View Post
Are they original tires? If so how many miles on them? Did it always do or something that just started?
Yes, 8,000, always.
Alante31V is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 06:50 PM   #22

We bought the 2018 Alante bought Nov 2027 used at 4500 miles Dec 2021. Original Goodyear tires. We have 8600 miles now, and it has bounced since we bought it.
Alante31, Has yours always done it or something new?
Kevin Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 08:10 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Cooper View Post
We bought the 2018 Alante bought Nov 2027 used at 4500 miles Dec 2021. Original Goodyear tires. We have 8600 miles now, and it has bounced since we bought it.
Alante31, Has yours always done it or something new?
Always.

Got back this evening and vibration not as bad, they did another alignment, seems better but now steering wheel at 2 oclock vs 1 oclock. I can deal with that and will take back after rv trip, as they did not do test drive, probably the steering stabilizer not adjusted.

Will do the tire checks tomorrow. Stay tuned.

it does do an up/down bounce going 35mph down fairly new concrete flat 200’ section of road near our house.
Old 06-02-2023, 08:40 PM   #24

They should have not let it go without centering the steering wheel. It’s not the stabilizer, it is the tie rod end adjustment with the stabilizer loose, then tightening the stabilizer. If stabilizer was where steering wheel is correct, then it would be sending you toward the ditches. Mine was wrong, and they re-did it. One front end alignment should last you 75000-100000 miles. If parts wear out then that’s a different issue.
Old 06-03-2023, 05:34 AM   #25

X2 on what Alanta31 said
Harleys house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 07:18 AM   #26

Centramatic wheel balancers will fix the problem
https://www.centramatic.com/balancers.rhtml
billcf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 11:12 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonC757 View Post
Have them jack the front wheels off the ground and pull them side to side. Or, you can easily do it yourself. Get it on level pavement, set the parking brake, auto level it then push on the down front arrow on your leveling system and lift those front wheels up in the air. I see that in campgrounds all the time. I know you’re not supposed to. Then get out there and Grab the top of each wheel and push and pull on it. You’ll know right away if you have a bad wheel bearing. As I said above mine went bad at about 6000 miles from the factory brand new.
Ok, you and Kevin might be on to something.

Both driver & Passenger side have a bit of give when I pull on the tires, say maybe 1/8 of inch if that. Think bad wheel bearing still?

Also both have run out but the passenger side seems worse.

Pics attached of these awesome G670’s.

What ya’ll think next step?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0030.jpg   IMG_0031.jpg  
Old 06-03-2023, 11:43 AM   #28

Here are pics of steering wheel with fronts off ground, running engine and turning wheel all to the right and return and then all the way left and return per the steering stabilizer. Should be back to center correct?

In general, with steering wheel straight the tires are pointing center/straight.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0032.jpg   IMG_0033.jpg  
Old 06-13-2023, 07:29 PM   #29

It's back at Rush after weekend trip, to get the steering wheel centering fixed.

Cruise control worked TO/BACK on trip. Less vibration but still think the G670's are shi&, leaning to get Toyo M143's but only been over 2yrs on G670's.

Need rear trac bar too. Tired of the wind and trucks fish tailing us.

#Bru_Tube

Old 06-13-2023, 07:34 PM   #30

I think I shared my experience earlier, but I ditched my good year steers after about 1k miles for the toyos and while I am upset I had to drop another $400 on tires that should have been good from the start, I would do it again. Trac bar definitely helps the tail wagging the dog. Also, I had two shops tell me they couldn't recenter my steering wheel - it isn't too far off so I just deal with it.
Boiler01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 07:45 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler01 View Post
I think I shared my experience earlier, but I ditched my good year steers after about 1k miles for the toyos and while I am upset I had to drop another $400 on tires that should have been good from the start, I would do it again. Trac bar definitely helps the tail wagging the dog. Also, I had two shops tell me they couldn't recenter my steering wheel - it isn't too far off so I just deal with it.
Yep and the road noise too. Might just do it and say to myself I have spares that I can put in garage for next 3yrs.

Ordered the rear trac bar. Can’t wait.
Old 06-14-2023, 08:04 AM   #32

Boiler1. Wow, I’ve never heard of not possible to center a steering wheel. You must have one tie rod fully extended, and one almost fully retracted. Or else something is really out of whack.
Old 06-17-2023, 11:23 AM   #33

Oh, I did contact Goodyear about the bump along the tread for 6”. Their reply, “Since you are not the original owner, there is nothing we will do.”
Old 06-17-2023, 03:11 PM   #34

My steering wheel is only off a small amount...like maybe 2-3 degrees left of center.
Boiler01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 04:45 PM   #35

I got my steering now centered. Rush said they checked all components, suggested the tire route on vibration issue. The Badyear’s had run out.

So, now at Gem City Tire shop again, previously they did spin balance on the GY’s. They will install Toyo M143’s for the steer, I did ask for road force balancing too.

Once that is done, sure the heck hope it fixes the vibration. If that works, then to rear trac bar and will be done with mods.

#Bru_Tube

Old 06-17-2023, 05:25 PM   #36

Let us know the outcome!
Old 06-19-2023, 10:17 PM   #37

i have to think the aluminum beauty covers that go over the wheel have to have an effect on the performance as I suspect the shops balance the wheels without them installed
fanceydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2023, 09:06 PM   #38

Ok took 185 mile ride today in Alante with exact same tires and same issue. I do know that one of the front tires has a bump 6” long across the tread that is 2/32” high. I’m going to move the two fronts to the right duals and the duals to the front. If the back starts bouncing and the front is good. I’m getting at least one new tire.
Old 07-04-2023, 12:52 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Cooper View Post
Let us know the outcome!
Have Toyo M43's on front now (slight manure smell), a lot less road noise, but still have vibration, just not as bad as it was. Wonder if it is bad wheel(s)? Have Koni FSD's on front and back with Sumos all around.

Colerain RV could not get rear trac bar installed by this weekend, so, will have to re-schedule that.

#Bru_Tube

Old 07-04-2023, 02:44 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alante31V View Post
Have Toyo M43's on front now (slight manure smell), a lot less road noise, but still have vibration, just not as bad as it was. Wonder if it is bad wheel(s)? Have Koni FSD's on front and back with Sumos all around.

Colerain RV could not get rear trac bar installed by this weekend, so, will have to re-schedule that.
Were they bubble, spin balanced, or balance beads? Sorry to hear you still get bouncing. Do you have stem extenders, and were they on when balanced?
I’m moving fronts to dual and dual to front. Hopefully it will fix mine.