Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-12-2019, 01:13 PM   #1

Warning Mud flap mounting

I have a 2015 precept 31ul, I purchased it in April. It was still almost new 5k miles. I had a serious issue occur on a trip I took last month. I parked and could smell propane. A repairman discovered the line going up to the stove had come down and was resting on the generator exhaust pipe and I had just ran the generator which burnt through the propane line. we were very lucky! in researching how the line came loose discovered the mud flap on the right rear duals on the front behind the generator was only mounted with 3 small self tapping screws 2 had broken off . The plastic mud flap had swung up and knocked the propane line loose. Has any one else had any similar problems. Advice check the mud flap mounting by just opening the generator door and looking at the mud flap. Again we were very lucky!!!
Stevjak2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 01:27 PM   #2

This problem has been discussed here and on a Precept and Alante FB page. I removed the sheet metal screws and replaced them with 1/4-20 stainless steel hardware. You actually had less damage than some people who had the entire mud flap come down which caused tire and under chassis damage.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 04:02 PM   #3

Thanks for info

Thanks passed it on to the dealer where I bought it and who is repairing it. We used to live in Snohomish actually Maltby by flower world for many years. Went to the hot of AZ now coming back up there in the summer only!
Stevjak2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 05:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevjak2019 View Post
Thanks passed it on to the dealer where I bought it and who is repairing it. We used to live in Snohomish actually Maltby by flower world for many years. Went to the hot of AZ now coming back up there in the summer only!

Too funny! We bought our retirement property in Yuma (wife's folks are there and will be needing help soon) have already built the garage and I'll be building the house in 10/2021. We'll spend summers traveling and up here and of course fall thru spring down there.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 11:25 PM   #5

Do you have a link to that FB page for Precept and Alante?
Graunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 05:37 AM   #6

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1948780315361053/

hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 12:06 PM   #7

Wow, this is scary but awesome information. I will replace stock hardware on mine soon as it is back from the service center.

Sold the Harley, Sold the Vett, turned around and bought a Precept!
Somanhunter is offline   Reply With Quote