Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2018, 05:42 AM   #1

Warranty expires October 6 - results of our 2 years of owning a Precept 35S

Well, hate to see it expire but sure glad it was 2 years instead of one.

I will be sending a list of repairs to my dealer (Colerain RV) this week for warranty approval by Jayco CS who has agreed to let the dealer do warranty work after October 6.

All in all, it hasn't been bad for us, I've seen some real disasters here in this forum and so happy we did not have a lot of issues.

The only on-going issue is no signal from the King Jack antenna on the roof to our TV's. Colerain has fixed it two times but every road trip seems to undo the fix. I'm going to ask for replacement of the cable from the antenna to the booster.

Jayco has replaced all three TV sets, replaced the control board in the refrigerator, replaced the toilet and provided miscellaneous small parts directly to me for repairs.

Would I buy another Jayco product? I believe so. A tour of the motorized plant last fall was an eye opening experience and well worth the visit if you are in the area.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:16 PM   #2

My warranty will expire in July 2019 for the same rig...just went to my authorized Jayco warranty repair facility (RISCO, Farmingdale NJ) with a long list of issues, they took pics and agreed all should be warranty repairs, now waiting to see the Jayco response.

Immediate issue is the hydraulic leak at jack pump/tank, my repair facility recommends replacing the pump.

Purchased the rig from Albany RV/RVOne and never went back for warranty service...they couldn't even order parts properly. 230 miles away was another reason.

Good luck on your repairs and future travels.
GerryB54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 05:09 PM   #3

GerryB54.... We had same problem with hydraulic leak at tank. It's on a 2018 31UL. Are yours LCI leveler? I talked with LCI customer service and they said it was a loose or broken hose in the tank. System still works but when retracting jacks fluid comes out of the fill cap. Took it to servicing dealer last week, Jayco approved repairs and parts are on order. I can still use the unit, just have to wipe the tank off to prevent a mess of dripping fluid.
1955farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 07:07 PM   #4

Yes, LCI is the manufacturer. My service facility is getting authorization to replace the pump assembly, are you saying the issue is with the tank?
Old 08-15-2018, 07:54 PM   #5

I think if you read the fine print on the contract you will see 2 years and 6 months.Unfortunately we are in a pre-litigation stage with Jayco!
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 12:38 AM   #6

GerryB54.. The issue is a return hose in the fluid reservoir has either broken or come loose on our unit and A new tank assembly and some hoses was ordered according to Jayco warranty CS. If you look at the top cap on the reservoir while someone else retracts the jacks it will force fluid out through the cap. LCI CS knew immediately what the problem was when I described what was happening so it might be a common problem on a batch of LCI units.
Old 08-16-2018, 04:03 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
I think if you read the fine print on the contract you will see 2 years and 6 months.Unfortunately we are in a pre-litigation stage with Jayco!
We celebrate expired so-called warranties. Our Jayco "warranty" expired three weeks ago, and we are glad to be done with it. Outside of recalls and really major issues, do the work yourself or use reliable skill people. The less I have to do with disingenuous contractors, manufacturers, retailers, and/or dealers (of any industry), the better. I can count on one hand the number of honorable companies that I have experienced in the last thirty years. It is absolutely pathetic, super irritating, depressing, and shameful. I just go into purchases and projects (that require contracting or hiring) ready to be screwed in some way. So long integrity, dignity, nobility, honor, honesty, faithfulness, care . . . .
FeatherFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 04:31 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1955farm View Post
GerryB54.. The issue is a return hose in the fluid reservoir has either broken or come loose on our unit and A new tank assembly and some hoses was ordered according to Jayco warranty CS. If you look at the top cap on the reservoir while someone else retracts the jacks it will force fluid out through the cap. LCI CS knew immediately what the problem was when I described what was happening so it might be a common problem on a batch of LCI units.
Yes I have the exact issue on my 2017 35s. Brought it back to dealer (Albany RV) on April 20th. They said the pump needed replacement and it was ordered. Still waiting to hear from them to complete the work. Like others said, fortunately it is still usable. One question, is a 4 month wait for warranty work normal?

2017 Precept 35S
2021 Jeep Wrangler toad
Roadmaster Nighthawk tow bar RviBrake3
GMA385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 08:35 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMA385 View Post
Yes I have the exact issue on my 2017 35s. Brought it back to dealer (Albany RV) on April 20th. They said the pump needed replacement and it was ordered. Still waiting to hear from them to complete the work. Like others said, fortunately it is still usable. One question, is a 4 month wait for warranty work normal?

Absolutely NOT unless it's a major issue which this isn't. I would call Jayco Warranty directly and see what the hold up is. They can tell you if the parts have been ordered and shipped. I'd bet it's your service center.
Old 08-16-2018, 09:50 AM   #10

Its not an issue if you not making the payments!My god Jayco could have them pick up a pump locally.
Old 08-16-2018, 10:29 AM   #11

Quote:
Absolutely NOT unless it's a major issue which this isn't. I would call Jayco Warranty directly and see what the hold up is. They can tell you if the parts have been ordered and shipped. I'd bet it's your service center.
You are correct it has to be the dealer at this point. I contacted Jayco cs and was told the pump was shipped to the dealer on June 20th. Will be calling dealer after our next trip. Has anyone with this pump issue ever had to add fluid? Has the pump ever not worked?

2017 Precept 35S
2021 Jeep Wrangler toad
Old 08-16-2018, 11:27 AM   #12

Be aware of Albany RV and their warranty parts "ordering"...had three parts "ordered" after I picked up my new RV, never received them. Avoid them at all costs.

I gave them from July till September, then was in the area so stopped to find out what happened, they never even ordered them.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:40 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryB54 View Post
Be aware of Albany RV and their warranty parts "ordering"...had three parts "ordered" after I picked up my new RV, never received them. Avoid them at all costs.

I gave them from July till September, then was in the area so stopped to find out what happened, they never even ordered them.
Thanks and yes not at all impressed with the service department there. No communication unless I send multiple emails and or multiple calls - always get voicemail.

2017 Precept 35S
2021 Jeep Wrangler toad
Old 08-16-2018, 11:48 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMA385 View Post
You are correct it has to be the dealer at this point. I contacted Jayco cs and was told the pump was shipped to the dealer on June 20th. Will be calling dealer after our next trip. Has anyone with this pump issue ever had to add fluid? Has the pump ever not worked?
I haven't had to add fluid as it's only a little that comes out but a little fluid goes a long way in making a mess. And the pump works flawlessly except for this. BTW I think it's automatic transmission fluid that is used for this. Mercon and DexronIII.
Old 08-16-2018, 12:08 PM   #15

Quote:
I haven't had to add fluid as it's only a little that comes out but a little fluid goes a long way in making a mess. And the pump works flawlessly except for this. BTW I think it's automatic transmission fluid that is used for this. Mercon and DexronIII.
Thanks again.Yes a little bit of fluid can look like a mess. I have not had to add fluid yet either, but I am carrying a quart of ATF in case.

2017 Precept 35S
2021 Jeep Wrangler toad
Old 08-17-2018, 07:39 AM   #16

We have had better luck with RVOne / AlbanyRV since the new online service form procedure was put in place early this past spring:

https://www.rvone.com/CustomerService/form

Both times we had to use it we received a return email the same day with a service request file number & name/phone for the tech assigned to the case, and a phone call within 24 hours. After discussing we sent pictures of the issues, they were more than happy to send us the parts and we were more than happy to install them ourselves to avoid a 150-mile-each-way service appointment. So can't speak to turnaround time for in-house dealer service.

In the process we learned that Jennifer Cameron is the "Regional Vice President of Customer Service - Northern US" for RVOne. We called her for help on one of our two service requests when we hadn't heard anything for a little while - she called us back literally within 3 minutes and the part was delivered just a couple days after that.

jcameron@rvone.com
301-247-1519

She has to be one BUSY gal so best to only play that card when there is a clog in the normal channel.

We appreciate our experience is different from that of some others. Hope this helps. Your mileage may vary.
BobAndKarenNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 10:03 AM   #17

I agree but a little bit of fluid can end up being a whole lot of fluid. Then what will not be working? Thanks
Old 08-25-2018, 06:27 PM   #18

My only complaint with the auto levelers is retracting. I have to hold the retract button in for 2 - 3 minutes, sometimes longer, to get the rear jacks to fully retract.
Old 08-25-2018, 08:59 PM   #19

I am also in pre litigation with Jayco. My 2017 Jayco Alante 32N has been in the shop 9 months out of 15 months of owning it. It is in the shop for the 8 time due to various water leaks. They fix one water leak just to have it leak somewhere else during the next trip.
I will never buy another Jayco and will tell everyone I know to not buy a Jayco. They are putting out junk and designing very poor motor homes. Good luck
locutting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 04:12 AM   #20

Warranty Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryB54 View Post
My warranty will expire in July 2019 for the same rig...just went to my authorized Jayco warranty repair facility (RISCO, Farmingdale NJ) with a long list of issues, they took pics and agreed all should be warranty repairs, now waiting to see the Jayco response.

Immediate issue is the hydraulic leak at jack pump/tank, my repair facility recommends replacing the pump.

Purchased the rig from Albany RV/RVOne and never went back for warranty service...they couldn't even order parts properly. 230 miles away was another reason.

Good luck on your repairs and future travels.
I am wondering what your experience is getting service for your unit from a dealer you did not purchase the vehicle from. My dealer always asks me if I purchased it there. Thanks
AJP207 is offline   Reply With Quote