Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-26-2018, 09:10 AM   #21

We have same Precept 2016 July. I agree with you on 2 year warranty. Our toilet was replaced after some struggle with the dealer right before warranty. Other repairs: Steps not retracting. Short in bathroom fan. Drawers flying out (put stronger catches on). Slides dumping rain water on floors when retracting for travel. Seatbelts too short to use at table and couch. All repaired over the two years. Many small things that we learned to do and how to use over the two years also. Not always the rig sometimes learning curve. Our TV's have been a complicated learning experience. We found that there is a button/green light in the cabinet where the control panel is under the main TV. If that light is not on you do not get any signal. We have learned how to play a DVD in the bedroom from the main control and not have the Main TV on.
Rconhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 10:48 AM   #22

2 years 11 months of warranty, in litigation also!
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:19 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJP207 View Post
I am wondering what your experience is getting service for your unit from a dealer you did not purchase the vehicle from. My dealer always asks me if I purchased it there. Thanks
If your dealer has to ask that question every time you go in I think it would raise a few red flags in my mind. My Service Adviser knows me by my first name and has been a tremendous help obtaining warranty parts while on the road.

That dealer relationship and the one you establish with Jayco CS are of utmost importance.
Old 08-30-2018, 07:11 PM   #24

I am using an RV service facility, they are not a dealer for any brand, just service. Local dealer "service" is over rated in my experience.
GerryB54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 07:43 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryB54 View Post
I am using an RV service facility, they are not a dealer for any brand, just service. Local dealer "service" is over rated in my experience.
Not my experience, my dealer has been superb and everything has been fixed except for the loss of tv signal from the roof top antenna which I'm sure will get fixed in my last warranty visit.