Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-16-2018, 01:41 PM   #1

Warranty Replacement Parts

I called Jayco Motorized CS today to figure out how to fix my shower door under my warranty. The upper rail which is plastic is cracked and the center door roller won’t stay in the track. I inquired about Jayco sending me the part so I could do the repair myself. I was informed that as of March 2018 that Jayco will no longer send parts to a customer address. They will send it to an authorized Jayco dealer where the customer can then pick it up. Kind of stinks as my closest dealer is 75 miles away but oh well it could be worse.

Rice1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 12:58 PM   #2
Site Team

Will the dealer ship it to you?

2008 Jayco Seneca 35GS
2008Seneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:19 PM   #3

There’s another catch to this. I emailed the dealer with photos, a description of the problem, my coach info and repair authorization from Jayco Motorized CS. The dealer said they could help me out but when I come to pick up the new parts I need to bring them the old parts so they can get paid by Jayco. So I guess I will have to do some disassembly first and since I travel through the dealer area for my employment I can drop off the old and pick up the new. Still better than scheduling an appointment and driving my coach there and back. Plus I can do the repair at my leisure in the driveway once the new parts are in hand. I’m guessing that Jayco changed their policy due to some customers gaming the system - or maybe it’s just Thor imposing its will.