Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-25-2022, 04:16 PM   #1

Water heater

Kinda found by accident, but our hot water wouldn't work on city hook up. Filled my tank and turned on the heater using my water pump. It started working, don't know if it was a pressure problem or didn't route thru our tank less water heater.
We have a 2022 precept 31u.
Hope this helps someone
Brawneyman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 08:43 AM   #2
Site Team

You have to make some valve adjustments in the utility bay to change the water flow.
Maybe someone with a Precept can chime in.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 04:13 PM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brawneyman64 View Post
Kinda found by accident, but our hot water wouldn't work on city hook up. Filled my tank and turned on the heater using my water pump. It started working, don't know if it was a pressure problem or didn't route thru our tank less water heater.
We have a 2022 precept 31u.
Hope this helps someone
When hooked to city water, were you getting water from the faucets both hot and cold valves? Did you set the valves in the wet bay to city water?

Assuming you had the valves set properly and you had water flow from both the hot and cold valves at the sink, then it may a flow problem if you have a tankless water heater. they will only turn on when they sense enough flow. Check these items and let us know.
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 12:11 PM   #4

We also have a '22 31UL. I discovered this fall that the tankless WH wouldn't fire when using the shower, as Jayco installed a low-flow shower hose and head. I replaced it with a standard hose/head and it's worked fine since. The WH would kick on if using either sink or the outdoor shower, which is how I determined the problem and solution. I created a thread for that problem in October.

I'm not sure if this helps your situation or not -- my guess is, if you have no hot water at all, it's likely a similar issue related to low flow or possibly low pressure, as you stated that it fires up when using the onboard pump.
Finally Able is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 12:26 PM   #5

If you have the Girard tankless, then they're notoriously finicky about when they fire up. The only two ways we got consistent results from ours was to (a) either just pump from the tank all of the time or (b) install a pressure regulator valve to keep the campground pressure around 40psi.
Old 12-23-2022, 08:24 PM   #6

Once I stopped using a pressure regulator the tankless hwh works great all the time. My manual details the pressure and flow requirements.
Keetters is offline   Reply With Quote