Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-18-2017, 09:16 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeThompson View Post
Our 2018 35S has the Truma water heater. We have been on the road since we picked it up in May and the Truma has worked flawlessly. We have boondocked about half the time and have no complaints about its performance whether dry camping or with hookups.
Which of the three Truma Aquago models did Jayco install in the 2018? Is it the Basic, Comfort or Comfort Plus?
Old 10-19-2017, 07:36 PM   #22

The basic unit is installed in ours. There is an upgrade available if needed. Not sure if it can be ordered with the upgrade or not.
MikeThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:59 PM   #23

Thanks for letting me know. My rig is going back to Jayco in January for a slideout issue and I'm going to see if they will swap out the Girard for the Truma. For my purposes I'm glad it's not the Comfort Plus as it requires a loop feed which Truma only allows for OEM and not for retrofits. The Girard is just too inconsistent. If I have low CG water pressure I can use the onboard pump and tank for the shower but the pump then runs continuously and that will eventually lead to premature pump failure and most likely after my warranty runs out. From what I have read about Truma it seems like it will work with much lower water flow than the Girard. I wanted to know what they were installing so I could talk somewhat intelligently when I make my next call to CS. Thanks again.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:11 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice1951 View Post
Thanks for letting me know. My rig is going back to Jayco in January for a slideout issue and I'm going to see if they will swap out the Girard for the Truma. For my purposes I'm glad it's not the Comfort Plus as it requires a loop feed which Truma only allows for OEM and not for retrofits. The Girard is just too inconsistent. If I have low CG water pressure I can use the onboard pump and tank for the shower but the pump then runs continuously and that will eventually lead to premature pump failure and most likely after my warranty runs out. From what I have read about Truma it seems like it will work with much lower water flow than the Girard. I wanted to know what they were installing so I could talk somewhat intelligently when I make my next call to CS. Thanks again.
Are we really not supposed to use our onboard water/pump system for showering? I have been, but now my pump is surging while the switch is on and no water is flowing...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2017, 07:27 PM   #25

The onboard pump and water system are indeed designed for frequent use. When you are hooked up to a CG system your pump should never run as pressure comes from the CG. If you use your onboard pump it will run infrequently for faucet and toilet use but it will run continually when you are showering for as long as you have the water running. I’m OK with that on occasion but I frequently stay at older CG’s which have low water pressure which the Girard doesn’t like. So for me that would mean use the pump and run it continuously while showering as the Girard will work fine with the onboard system. Eventually though I will have to pay the piper and replace the pump as I don’t believe it will hold up under continuous use. That’s just my opinion.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:36 PM   #26

The pump on my 17 35S died today. Called Jayco and said to call in tech. Light on switch on panel or outside on but nothing from pump. Hopefully tech can come to campground Monday to troubleshoot/fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gus and Jeanette and the Hunter Dawg in
Jada's Hut (a 2017 Precept 35S) towing a
2016 Jeep Cherokee High Altitude Limited
Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 10:47 AM   #27

Most Jayco systems are the double multi valve water systems. When you turn the valves to 'city fixtures' it closes the water input to the pump, causing a vacuum if the pump is left on, with no pressure the pump can run continuously. I always turn off the pump at the utility compartment when I switch to city water. You don't need the pump in any case as the city water pressure in most cases is already to high, why we use a 50 psi regulator. The OP didn't state if he was on CW or not.
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
2021 Ford Ranger 4X4 Toad
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water pump ?