Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-08-2019, 03:56 PM   #1

Water pump

2018 Alante 26x. Pump worked fine on dry camping. After draining all the water and turning all valves to winterize , the pump turns on but won’t pump the antifreeze. Ideas? Thanks
Rico 1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 05:09 PM   #2

Have you turned the cone strainer at the intake port around? If you haven't take it out and put it in backwards. That should fix your problem.
1955farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 08:43 PM   #3

Also move the anti freeze to a higher position closer to water input.

hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 12:59 PM   #4

Thanks for the tips. Tried and failed. I filled the filter housing with antifreeze hoping it would help prime .... Nada.. I'm thinking there is something wrong with one of the valves on the winterize setting. Don't know how to troubleshoot because I don't want to risk putting antifreeze in the hot water tank. As in most cases the dealership is not right around the corner and of course they have a waiting list for repairs. Isn't life grand!
Old 12-10-2019, 02:29 PM   #5

Go to the place where you connect the hose to siphon the antifreeze. Take out the curved screen in the hose fitting on the RV. Check to see if there is another gasket. Remove it, too. Check that you can open the check valve inside the hose fitting by pressing it with your finger. Then reverse the screen so that it opens the check valve in the hose fitting on the trailer. Put in the other gasket if it exists. Then connect your hose and the siphon will work. The problem is that sometimes the pump won't open the check valve. Put it back when you are done.
Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 05:13 PM   #6

Tried and failed
Old 12-10-2019, 06:36 PM   #7

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Then use an auxiliary pump and pump it through the manifold in winterizing position through the installed pump and water system. That's how I do it at work, time is money for an RV business. The effect is the same.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 11:22 AM   #8

Make sure all your low drain points are closed.

Dbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 11:47 AM   #9

Call either the dealer or the manufacturer. They may be able to walk you through it.
Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 05:03 PM   #10

Contacted Dealer.... No idea what it could be. Haven't contacted Jayco yet. Going to try the auxiliary pump as previously suggested. Not sure if I should turn the house pump on or leave it off when using the aux pump.
Old 12-12-2019, 06:04 AM   #11

In a pinch to winterize, you could drain all the low point drains, blows the lines with air and dump a cup of anti freeze in each p trap. It works well.

hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 04:08 PM   #12

Fixed

Would like to thank everyone for all the suggestions. After contacting Jayco, Shurflo and the company that makes the Nautlius p3 panel, I decided to fill the fresh water tank and switch all valves to dry camping. Pump worked fine. Drained all lines and the hot water tank. This time I did NOT blow air through the lines...rather just switched valves to winterize and low and behold the pump started siphoning antifreeze.

Bottom line ... I won't blow the lines with air and then try and fill with antifreeze. Truth is why do both..
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Old 12-18-2019, 05:36 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norine View Post
Would like to thank everyone for all the suggestions. After contacting Jayco, Shurflo and the company that makes the Nautlius p3 panel, I decided to fill the fresh water tank and switch all valves to dry camping. Pump worked fine. Drained all lines and the hot water tank. This time I did NOT blow air through the lines...rather just switched valves to winterize and low and behold the pump started siphoning antifreeze.

Bottom line ... I won't blow the lines with air and then try and fill with antifreeze. Truth is why do both..
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
If you had of told us you had blown the lines out first we could have saved you a lot of time and effort. If you did tell us I must have overlooked it. At least you now have it figured out.
1955farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 05:56 PM   #14

Anti-freeze? Why not just drain the pipes and blow it out with pressurized air. No water = nothing to freeze.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:18 AM   #15

I had a similar sounding problem except that a few months went by between my last use of dry camping and my attempt to sanitize. I could not get the siphon to work. Tried revising the screen, etc. to no avail. Finally removed the panel to inspect the pump. Found the input filter bowl had cracked off and dropped leaving the input of the pump ope to the air. I replaced the input filter ($18 at Camping world) and it works better than it ever did. I expect it was crack for a long time.
jmaxcortner is offline   Reply With Quote