Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-17-2022, 09:00 AM   #1

Unhappy water pump

new owner.2016 jayco ur 31 rv can't find water pump, flooded the floor hooking up water read owner manual for all models and nothing tellsme says several places to turn water on but not where they are located , no dealers in my area help.
Irv Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 09:08 AM   #2
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irv Patterson View Post
new owner.2016 jayco ur 31 rv can't find water pump, flooded the floor hooking up water read owner manual for all models and nothing tellsme says several places to turn water on but not where they are located , no dealers in my area help.
The usual locations are close to the fresh water tank. Under the kitchen sink, in the basement behind a wall. Mine is under the bed but that is a Greyhawk. Hopefully someone has that year and model.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 10:26 AM   #3

Welcome Aboard! Being used it can be hard to say what the actual issue is. It could have been poorly winterized and you may have a cracked fitting. Most MHs the main pipe runs are under the MH and exposed to the elements.

In a class A, I would expect you will find the pump behind your water utility center. Easy way to look for it. With the system drained (FW tank and pipes), turn on the pump and follow the noise. You will not hurt the pump running it dry.

As for having water all over the floor, and the pump most likely hidden below, I suspect you have a bad water connection somewhere. I would start with the KIS method. Where did the water first appear? Bathroom? Kitchen? Bedroom? Then was it noticeable in a particular area of those areas? How level was the MH when you found the leak? I would start off with checking the connections to each faucet, they are known to be loose, but once tightened up they tend to stay tight.

IF you had water in the lines and the temperatures dipped below freezing for a few hours or more you could have ruptured any fitting. The PEX piping is fairly forgiving to freezing, but the fittings are not.

Being used, the water filter housing may have been left open last fall with the intent to install a new filter in the spring, or was left full of water and it ruptured when it froze. The filter can be hard to find. Often they are down below near or behind the water utility center, and the pump. Sometimes Jayco puts them in the most difficult locations to access like behind a bank of drawers, and you must remove the drawers to gain access to them. Most people do a lot of searching for the filter placement.

If you still cannot find the leak, try some compressed air. You can get an adaptor to connect to the city water connection. Set your air pressure regulator to 30-40 psi, charge the system will all faucets closed. Very carefully listen for a leak.

Being a 2016 model, you can reach out to Jayco and ask for the plumbing diagram, you will need your vin number.

Hope this helps

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 11:36 AM   #4

Take a look in the wet bay behind the water control panel upper right side.

Dbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 10:08 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrown View Post
Take a look in the wet bay behind the water control panel upper right side.
Assuming you mean 31UL, this is right. I relocated mine down about 8” so it was more easily accessible for replacement if needed. It would be a real pain to do on the road at the factory location. I carry a spare.
Attached Thumbnails
A26C7A9F-4439-41A9-92C5-24E2CFFE3D94.jpg   761EA56E-047C-4EF1-B201-9DFE110FE2E7.jpg  
Old 03-22-2022, 10:17 AM   #6

Where on the floor was the water?