Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-11-2021, 03:05 PM   #1

Weboost Drive Reach RV: Where to install inside 2021 Jayco Alante 27a

Hello!

We have a brand new 2021 Jayco Alante 27a and just bought a Weboost Drive Reach RV cell phone booster. Antenna outside mount is a snap BUT… recommendations about how to route the inbound wire to the booster and then to the indoor antenna would be most welcome! Suggestions? Where to put the inside stuff???

Thanks!
Russell and Tanya Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 04:04 PM   #2

I installed a SureCall booster with the omni-directional antenna. Mounted the antenna to the top of the ladder and routed the cable down through the roof fridge vent on the side opposite from the boiler tube. From there I ran the cable through the same hole as the 12v wire bundle which brought it out under the fridge where I could then route it to the inside antenna.
TT: 2015 Jay Flight SLX 195RB Baja Edition, Andersen No-Sway (Traded in)
ttavasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 05:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttavasc View Post
I installed a SureCall booster with the omni-directional antenna. Mounted the antenna to the top of the ladder and routed the cable down through the roof fridge vent on the side opposite from the boiler tube. From there I ran the cable through the same hole as the 12v wire bundle which brought it out under the fridge where I could then route it to the inside antenna.
Thanks! We had thought to bring it in through the slide seal, as demonstrated in the Weboost video. Really nice inbound solution BUT… the thing is all of the electric is on the 2 slides. Ideally, we’d, somehow be able to set the inside antenna on the booth just by the pop-up TV with the booster by the DVD player. Not sure how the wiring works but wish we could somehow use the same method! Never thought of using the vent. Very clever!
Old 06-12-2021, 04:50 AM   #4

you should also consider running down the ladder rail, under the rig and up through the floor in one of the factor holes and follow their wire trail.

Mark
Old 07-04-2021, 01:07 PM   #5

New Info Weboost Install

. Got some good feedback from an authorized Jayco repair shop.

They advised NOT to pull wires through the slide seal. This will void the warranty. Just a heads-up for other folks. DON’T install as shown in the Weboost video!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Still working through what we’d like to do. Certainly curious about how the wires to the TV, etc. manage to work with the pop-up TV.

Yes, the floor seems like good access. That said, think of all the electrical and other connections going in and out every time the slide moves.

Seems like there should be a way to leverage that slide extend / retrace connectivity.

Again, thanks for the input, Everyone. Will keep you all posted as we progress.
Old 07-31-2021, 04:00 PM   #6

Hey, I ran mine down through the solar connector, i dont use it. Then down under coach and up via cable run to video cabinet above sink. I have the internal antennae in the cabinets above tv and can stretch out from there.
I do have the 34g so probably a little different but should be close.
conch02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 04:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell and Tanya Henry View Post
Hello!

We have a brand new 2021 Jayco Alante 27a and just bought a Weboost Drive Reach RV cell phone booster. Antenna outside mount is a snap BUT… recommendations about how to route the inbound wire to the booster and then to the indoor antenna would be most welcome! Suggestions? Where to put the inside stuff???

Thanks!

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ito-89158.html
Old 10-28-2021, 11:28 AM   #8

How far away from the booster or the outside antenna does the inside antenna need to be?

I'm getting ready to install.
wasitim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 09:14 PM   #9

Booster set up - Separate the antennas as much as possible

Two years ago, I installed a SureCell system on our 34' Alante 31R. For proper operation, you must put distance between the external and internal antennas.

I considered running the cable down the refrigerator vent, but that would still require a bit of internal routing to get the cable to where I wanted to mount the amp. Instead, I created a new access hole further forward, descending onto a cabinet void to minimize the impact inside. Though adding a new roof penetration is not ideal, I used a cable entry plate and lots of Dicor to safely secure and seal the cable.

The amp and internal antenna are mounted on the cabinet near the entry door, antenna vertically oriented down. It's worked perfectly for two years, and no issues with leaks.

SamJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 08:25 PM   #10

So, WeBoost or Surecall, which is the best nowadays? 4G & 5G

“SureCall Fusion2Go 3.0” or “weBoost Drive Reach” seem to be the latest for RV’s.

#Bru_Tube

Alante31V is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wrboost