Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-25-2019, 05:06 PM   #1

Who has had their failed mudflaps replaced?

Who here has had their loose and/or torn off mud flaps replaced under warranty? Just curious who covered the work?
gowestwardho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 01:20 PM   #2

I caught the problem before things got real bad, and my dealer installed new better screws to keep it from happening again. I'm not sure who paid for it.
Graunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 05:32 PM   #3

After reading this I checked the mud flaps on my 2018 Precept 31UL and found one of them was loose. I crawled under the rv and found a screw at the very bottom of the flap had backed out almost entirely. It looks like it would be wise for everyone to add a quick wiggle of the flaps to our routine walk-around before driving. An easy fix to save a headache.
cookmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 12:47 PM   #4

On a return trip from Portland, OR in our Alante last summer I heard a terrible grinding noise. Pulled off into a parking lot to find my right rear mudflap metal frame was barely hanging from one screw. I raised my coach up on the right side jacks, crawled under and removed it. Of course the remaining screw was in the highest, most difficult place to reach. Took it to our Camping World and they fixed it under warranty.
HJ Rosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 08:45 AM   #5

Someone reported this issue last year and I found one of mine loose (Precept 35US) and had the dealer repair under warranty.

I check for tightness usually when cleaning the wheels. Apparently they do a good job of keeping debris from getting to my Honda CRV toad.
Old 01-28-2019, 05:20 PM   #6

I lost one rear one and Jayco replaced it under warranty, one other was loose. I added an additional bracket to all four and also added screws. I now check them on my walk around as a flying mudflap could do some serious damage to a car.
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
2021 Ford Ranger 4X4 Toad
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote