Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2020, 02:41 PM   #1

Who once posted the Cummins Ducting Kit on Onan overheat issues?

A while back someone once posted a copy of the Cummins (Onan) TSB "TRP 3375 Ducting Kit and Carburetor Insulation" as the solution to the overheating, et al, issues with the 5500 generator in 2017 Precept 31UL's (among others). I can't locate the original Post or person who listed it, but I'd appreciate any heads up if someone recalls it.

My unit does the exact same stalling at temperatures above 95 degrees, It also seems acerbated by higher elevations. Removing both covers and letting things cool down seems to allow it to restart and usually keep running - but who wants to leave the covers off all day? I was in Factory Service and saw they were adding this ducting kit to another 31UL, but I'm not sure if I now have the right blurry copy of the TSB ) or not? (it looks like TSB 180078 and TRP 3375

So if anyone has figured out what the end-all solution to the 5500 overheating issue was I'd appreciate some direction.
gowestwardho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 01:55 PM   #2

Search Generator, overheating
hopnhic is offline   Reply With Quote