Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-20-2021, 01:55 PM   #1

Wifi in 2022 Alante?

I can't seem to find any literature for the wifi capabilities in the new Alante. Is it just the overhead antenna or booster that it has? Sorry an extreme newbie and just trying to get everything ready to hit the road with it! TIA!
Shan1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 02:36 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan1331 View Post
I can't seem to find any literature for the wifi capabilities in the new Alante. Is it just the overhead antenna or booster that it has? Sorry an extreme newbie and just trying to get everything ready to hit the road with it! TIA!
... just guessing it's a Winegard WiFi extender on the roof. If it is, it's probably the only source you have. Ours came with a SIM card that would let you pickup an existing signal - a public source.

We replaced the SIM card (easy) with one from Verizon and we have the same service we have with our phones, computers, etc. Works real good - strong reception even when were moving.

Good luck.

Edit: If you do replace the SIM card you will probably have to pay for an additional line from the provider.
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 08:19 AM   #3

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. I'm going to look for a SIM card but I'm going to assume we maybe don't have one and will have to have a peak at the inside. We were kind of rushed through our demo!
Old 11-21-2021, 01:42 PM   #4

Quote:
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. I'm going to look for a SIM card but I'm going to assume we maybe don't have one and will have to have a peak at the inside. We were kind of rushed through our demo!
Demos are usually not as good as they could be. Anyway, Our SIM card was near the base of the Winegard antenna, so I had to go on the roof to replace it. There is a small cover just for the card. It's easy access by 2 phillips screws. It's low on the antenna, so remembering how the original was oriented will be helpful.

The documentation that came with the Winegard was excellent; incluced step-by-step instructions with pictures.. I would contact Jayco Customer Service and find out what antenna you have. You can probably download everything from the manufacturer's site. Winegard CS was excellent online and voice. Our Verizon SIM took several days to get to us, and I don't remember if it arrived by courrier or USPS.

Edit: I went to Jayco's site to check Alante. You probably have a Wingard - that's what's advertised. You should have received documentation on the original equipment from the dealer. If you didn't, I would ask for it.
Old 11-21-2021, 02:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheGo View Post
Demos are usually not as good as they could be. Anyway, Our SIM card was near the base of the Winegard antenna, so I had to go on the roof to replace it. There is a small cover just for the card. It's easy access by 2 phillips screws. It's low on the antenna, so remembering how the original was oriented will be helpful.

The documentation that came with the Winegard was excellent; incluced step-by-step instructions with pictures.. I would contact Jayco Customer Service and find out what antenna you have. You can probably download everything from the manufacturer's site. Winegard CS was excellent online and voice. Our Verizon SIM took several days to get to us, and I don't remember if it arrived by courrier or USPS.

Edit: I went to Jayco's site to check Alante. You probably have a Wingard - that's what's advertised. You should have received documentation on the original equipment from the dealer. If you didn't, I would ask for it.

Thank you! You are a god send! I was just on their site - but didn't realize the SIM would be on the roof. We'll have to check that out and dig up the winguard paperwork out of the bags of manuals. lol I had a peak inside the unit today and just satellite cable outlets so I'm assuming one goes to that antenna and then a router gets screwed in there? Gosh...I'm usually tech savvy but this one has me in a whole new ballgame!
Old 11-21-2021, 03:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Thank you! You are a god send! I was just on their site - but didn't realize the SIM would be on the roof. We'll have to check that out and dig up the winguard paperwork out of the bags of manuals. lol I had a peak inside the unit today and just satellite cable outlets so I'm assuming one goes to that antenna and then a router gets screwed in there? Gosh...I'm usually tech savvy but this one has me in a whole new ballgame!
You're welcome. You're off to a good start, and on the right track. Like us, I suppose most folks keep the provider they already have. Winegard had a lot to offer and is worth looking into. Once you decide, the instructions are equally good at helping you create your network.

After you get connected, there are some real savvy folks on this forum about getting different services available in your coach. I'm not one of them. Keep the questions coming and you'll get good answers.
Old 11-21-2021, 05:47 PM   #7

The Winegard is a great wifi extender! Get out the literature on Winegard. It will have a password on it and how to activate it with your phone! Makes wifi signal a lot stronger to your unit from a internet source!
Ttlanders is offline   Reply With Quote