Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-10-2015, 02:29 PM   #1

Wind Noise In Driver & Passenger Area

We are getting lots of wind noise when we hit 65 mph in a 2014, 31UL. This can be a combination of headwind and speed or just speed in dead area/tailwind. Any one have same problem and/or fix?? At 55 in dead air no noise. Have taped front window & side windows and done testing, dealer has caulked the whole front end, I've even taped the little elevation lights to no avail. Help.

chuck0799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 09:19 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck0799 View Post
We are getting lots of wind noise when we hit 65 mph in a 2014, 31UL. This can be a combination of headwind and speed or just speed in dead area/tailwind. Any one have same problem and/or fix?? At 55 in dead air no noise. Have taped front window & side windows and done testing, dealer has caulked the whole front end, I've even taped the little elevation lights to no avail. Help.
We picked ours up today for almost the same problem, seemed like constant wind noise, they found a bolt hole missing a plug for the mirror they also adjusted both doors, we had to pay for this, our unit is a 2015 that we have not really been able to use due to all the little things the dealership did not take care of before delivery, we are having to take ours back for different things, next thing is the generator shuts off while driving, will not restart for about 1 1/2hrs later. If you hear of anyone having problems with that Please let me know. Thanks Georgia

groy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 03:28 PM   #3

We have "extra" wind noise when I don't get the drivers window completely closed. I lock it but it still needs a gentle push/snug. After that, our wind noise is acceptable.
As for the generator shut down. I just saw a thread on here that indicated a sensor for low oil seems pretty sensitive....even to the extent of turning corners or coming to an abrupt stop. Best to always check the oil level prior to starting each time and really keep it full.
Also, both of you are invited to join other Precept Owners in the Precept Owners Group. If you sign up, check the "Group Tools" on the right side of the page so you can be notified when someone posts.
There are over 30 of us now and lots of great problems solvers and innovative thinkers.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/gr...%27+group.html

Enjoy, Darrell
'13 Wrangler Sahara...AKAFUN
Roadmaster base plate
Ready Brute Elite towbar and brake combo
D&MAKAFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 03:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by groy1999 View Post
We picked ours up today for almost the same problem, seemed like constant wind noise, they found a bolt hole missing a plug for the mirror they also adjusted both doors, we had to pay for this, our unit is a 2015 that we have not really been able to use due to all the little things the dealership did not take care of before delivery, we are having to take ours back for different things, next thing is the generator shuts off while driving, will not restart for about 1 1/2hrs later. If you hear of anyone having problems with that Please let me know. Thanks Georgia
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...ept-27888.html

Here is the latest thread Georgia on the generator
'13 Wrangler Sahara...AKAFUN
Roadmaster base plate
Ready Brute Elite towbar and brake combo
D&MAKAFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 07:12 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by groy1999 View Post
We had the same problem with the generator in our 2015 Class C Greyhawk. Unfortunately after 2 months at the dealership and them taking it to 5 different visits to various repair shops, no-one could correct the issue. We ended up trading the RV out. Good luck and i hope they find the correction soon for you.
Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 04:54 PM   #6

In addition to what D&MAKAFUN suggested on wind noise (we had the same issue), check your mirrors. A slight adjustment to one or both's positioning (the shell, not the mirror) may do the trick. Worked for us.
SMI Duo "Stay in Play" Braking
Barley, our Golden Retriever, on board and Buster in spirit!

McGarrett50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 10:33 PM   #7

I found the wind noise to be coming from the rain weep holes at the bottom of the side windows. Taped the 4 holes on each side and loud noise is gone.
Trying to find a weep hole cover to fit the 1 1/4" long slot on the Hehr side windows on my 2104 Precept 31UL. Jayco sells package of 20 for $50. Will not cover under warranty.
Fred

saarf is offline   Reply With Quote