Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-26-2017, 10:35 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryB54 View Post
I just moved the latches from the inner edge of the window frame to the outer edge of the window frame. The dog ears on the latch never properly engaged the frame to lock the window in place. Moving the latches to the outer edge of the window frame engages the dog ear fully in the frame channel.

I'll test drive tomorrow to see if the whistling is affected.
Can you snap a pic of this?
Graunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 10:40 AM   #22

I will post a pic, but just imagine the latch moving 1/4" to the outside, currently the edge of the latch is flush with the inner side of the frame, now it is flush with the outer side of the frame.
GerryB54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 10:59 AM   #23

I put an image into my album labeled misc. pics, it won't allow me to rotate it correctly but you should get the idea. Tried to post it here but probably a size issue, no time to mess with it.
Old 07-27-2017, 02:02 PM   #24

On my test drive today with the relocated latches I find that the window whistling has stopped COMPLETELY!

It really is a simple fix. Not sure who is responsible for the placement of the latches, the window manufacturer or Jayco but someone is at fault for this.

On to the rattling side window shades...think they may need more frame support over the three clips I see attached to the "ceiling"
Old 06-20-2018, 10:08 PM   #25

We too found that simply unlatching the closed windows COMPLETELY makes that sound go away. Found it quite by accident but oh man what a difference! It's really NBD to leave them unlatched while driving since their closed up tight anyway. But glad to ready we're not the only ones to experience this, and glad to know there is some actual possible fixes should we decide to go that route (too many other more important issues to get Jayco to honor first though).
gowestwardho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:22 AM   #26

Our windows were not installed correctly. My husband had to fashion little oak sliders under each window to raise them. When closed and latched, they are now pretty quiet. Can't say it says much about Jayco quality control.
jkblair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 07:56 PM   #27

A quick fix on mine was removing the two screws that hold the latch in place and cutting about an eight inch off of them. The screws were keeping the window from closing completely.
cookmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 05:54 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookmeat View Post
A quick fix on mine was removing the two screws that hold the latch in place and cutting about an eight inch off of them. The screws were keeping the window from closing completely.
This is the first instance of jayco using a screw too long! Check your shade screws after they fall off.

hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote