Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-28-2022, 12:43 PM   #1

Winegard Wi-Fi power

I have a 2022 alante 29f. I have power to the antenna amp in the OHC however there’s no power to the Winegard Wi-Fi.
I’ve looked everywhere for a Wi-Fi switch but there doesn’t seem to be. Is power going up to the roof from the amp? Or is there a switch someplace that I’m just not seeing. Lastly what would be the most logical place to look for the power cord once it gets in from the roof if I was going to trace it?
Tonycorona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 02:26 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonycorona View Post
I have a 2022 alante 29f. I have power to the antenna amp in the OHC however there’s no power to the Winegard Wi-Fi.
I’ve looked everywhere for a Wi-Fi switch but there doesn’t seem to be. Is power going up to the roof from the amp? Or is there a switch someplace that I’m just not seeing. Lastly what would be the most logical place to look for the power cord once it gets in from the roof if I was going to trace it?

Do you have Jay Command with your camper? Winegard is nothing but a fancy antenna, and the power switch to it should be by the Winegard box inside the camper. Ours is over the bedroom. There is not a Wi-Fi switch. Once the unit is powered you go through the setup, you should have a small manual that came with it. The manual guides you through the setup, confusing at first, but not too bad. Then again, we have Winegard 2.0 and yours may be different. Not sure what you mean by the OHC.

The setup begins with the Jay Command Tablet, at least on ours.
Old 08-28-2022, 02:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Thank you! No jay command tablet in mine. We have a winegard connect 2.0 that came factory installed. Can’t seem to find power to get up to the roof. OHC is overhead compartment above dinette. The only switch appears to be on the amp
Old 08-29-2022, 10:07 AM   #4

I had the problem. Jayco did not wire the negative antenna lead. I opened the panel on the wall behind the wall plate and found they left the wire unhooked.
Details are in this post at the bottom

I recommend you open the wall panel behind the plate. I have 2022 Alante 29s.

In mine, I had four wires in a bundle. Follow the wires back from the plate. The red and black were the Winegard lines in my unit. The grey white were chassis power.

Red wire Wifi +
Black wire Wifi -
Grey wire Power +
White wire Power -

in my case Jayco did not hook up the black wire.

Refer to the Winegard doc for the proper wiring.
MarcF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 10:29 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcF View Post
I had the problem. Jayco did not wire the negative antenna lead. I opened the panel on the wall behind the wall plate and found they left the wire unhooked.
Details are in this post at the bottom

That has been a recurring problem as well as the cable connections either not connected or connected incorrectly
Old 08-29-2022, 10:52 AM   #6

Jayco QA

They clearly are not testing this at the dealer nor the factory. A little sloppy. It's simple to test with a phone.
MarcF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 10:51 PM   #7

2022 Jayco Precept 36C here, my Winegard WiFi/Power Ant switch is located above the dinette in the overhead storage compartment. It’s the same size as a switch wall plate.
SoCalSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 06:31 AM   #8

Thank you everyone. I’m going to try and pull the wall plate this weekend. Honestly frustrating. I have a hot spot that I’ve used in the past but it’s limited in bandwidth and when our kids camp with us they’re Wi-Fi criminals. Bottom line is even If I’d never use it, for that kind of money I want the darn thing to work.
Anyone experience totally inadequate orientations? Mine was about 25 min, guy couldn’t answer anything specific about the coach technology.
Old 09-30-2022, 09:57 AM   #9

Quote:
Thank you everyone. I’m going to try and pull the wall plate this weekend. Honestly frustrating. I have a hot spot that I’ve used in the past but it’s limited in bandwidth and when our kids camp with us they’re Wi-Fi criminals. Bottom line is even If I’d never use it, for that kind of money I want the darn thing to work.
Anyone experience totally inadequate orientations? Mine was about 25 min, guy couldn’t answer anything specific about the coach technology.

I'm with you on the orientations. Mine was a little longer, but the regular guy was off that day and I had a fill-in. I've asked for a re-do, even willing to pay something, but no go...
Old 09-30-2022, 07:59 PM   #10

Quote:
Did you ever get it to work? I had no power to Winegard (as well as CATV problems) Turns out red and black wires were switched at the wall plate in our '22 Precept, so polarity was reversed. Just got it back from dealer service dept, plan to see if it works this weekend.
Finally Able is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 10:31 PM   #11

Great let us know, I finally got mines to work I was playing around with it the other day just trying it out so I bought a SIM card from verizon and got up on the roof, plug it in and it work I only bought 5gig just to see for now.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote