Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-26-2022, 05:04 PM   #1
KTK

Wineguard 2.0+ on Precept 34G

LED on roof antenna doesn't lite up and can not connect. Did all factory resets no help. Checked for voltage and have 13 volts going to the board at the roof. Any suggestions?
KTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 09:12 PM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Not sure if you saw this thread, but maybe this will help. I don't have thies piece of equipment, so can't help directly.
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 05:07 AM   #3

We have a 2022 34G and i think it's the same problem. The plus and neg from Winegard to the wall mount circuit board were backwards i put the right wire on the right post and the Winegard worked. Foretm led you to the right thread a lot of good info there.
2022 36K7 GT 7 Georgetown
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4
US NAVY Retired
Tony p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 09:25 AM   #4
KTK

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. This was my problem also. I pulled the switch in my RV cupboard hoping the board was marked with a + & - and low and behold the red wire was on the - pin and the black wire was on the + pin. I switched them and now I have the LED lit at the antenna. I have not tried to connect yet but am pretty confident it will connect. Apparently this is a very common problem? Is this being done on purpose or is some one have dyslexia.
Old 04-28-2022, 05:27 AM   #5

KTK Glad you got it working I also had no cable from the CG that was because the cable wire was not connected to the wall plate. I found the cable laying in the wall hooked it up and there was cable. I think the person or persons doing the job don't care. Our last MH I knew it inside and out I guess this one will be the same way.
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4
US NAVY Retired
Old 05-01-2022, 05:24 AM   #6

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTK View Post
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. This was my problem also. I pulled the switch in my RV cupboard hoping the board was marked with a + & - and low and behold the red wire was on the - pin and the black wire was on the + pin. I switched them and now I have the LED lit at the antenna.

So glad this worked for you... Hard to say why they are coming out with these wired backward. Probably, just rushing and not paying attention.
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 03:14 PM   #7
KTK

Tony after reading this I remembered when I was switching the power wires to the correct polarity I noticed there was a black wire that had a female coaxial plug with nothing plugged into it. I have not used my Precept yet so I would not have known I didn't have cable. I decided to go back in and look at this and it was the plug for the cable. I to had it not plugged in. I plugged it into the male coaxial plug on a gray wire. There is also a black male coaxial wire with nothing plugged into it? I'm also confused as to why the CG cable goes into the Wineguard switch. Thanks again for your help on both my problems.
Old 05-01-2022, 04:31 PM   #8

KTK I know when I 1st hooked up the CG cable I got nothing on all 3 TV's only received Tv from OTA I open the winegard wall plate and found one female connector to the wall plate with nothing to it looking in the wall i seen a coaxial male plug. I got it up and connected it to the female coaxial connector that is part of the circuit board. Pushed the button on the plate for the TV to off, green light off then auto scan the 3 TV and had cable. With the green light on the TV side of the plate the AMP is on with it off AMP off for cable. When you hook up to CG cable in wet bay and you don't get cable to your TV that maybe your problem that was mine.
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4
US NAVY Retired
Old 05-07-2022, 02:36 PM   #9

Disconnected negative

I had the same problem. On my unit Jayco never connected the negative wire to the wall plate.

Here is what I found in the panel behind the wall plate:

Grey and Red were joined at the spade connector.
White is in the power -

Black was flapping in the breeze (with a spade on it).

Had testing with the DVM Proper wiring should be as follows:
Red wire Wifi +
Black wire Wifi -
Grey wire Power +
White wire Power -

Winegard was kind enough to send me the plate that comes with the unit, so I installed that. I had to separate the Red and Grey and put on new spade connectors.

Now I have the button for Ant/Cable and a button for wifi. All is working well.

Alternatively I could have joined the black and white with a new spade connector.
MarcF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 06:13 AM   #10
KTK

MarcF, I haven't even used my 34G MH yet the first time will be the end of the month. I wonder what else I will find that doesn't work. The Wineguard issue was found trying to get it set up before we go. Sounds like Jayco need to improve a little in their QC.
Old 05-14-2022, 12:18 PM   #11

Following this, as we await PDI on our 31UL Monday.
Old 08-29-2022, 03:49 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcF View Post
I had the same problem. On my unit Jayco never connected the negative wire to the wall plate.

Here is what I found in the panel behind the wall plate:

Grey and Red were joined at the spade connector.
White is in the power -

Black was flapping in the breeze (with a spade on it).

Had testing with the DVM Proper wiring should be as follows:
Red wire Wifi +
Black wire Wifi -
Grey wire Power +
White wire Power -

Winegard was kind enough to send me the plate that comes with the unit, so I installed that. I had to separate the Red and Grey and put on new spade connectors.

Now I have the button for Ant/Cable and a button for wifi. All is working well.

Alternatively I could have joined the black and white with a new spade connector.
I wonder if I was equipped with the wrong wall plate. If I’m understanding it correctly and the only way to get power to the roof is with the amp turned on, then I wouldn’t have power to the Wi-Fi If the amp was off on cable tv?
I actually found a green wire pigtail connected to the great 12vdc line 🤔
Tonycorona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 04:31 PM   #13

The are a number of ways to hook it up, which winegard model do you have?
MarcF is offline   Reply With Quote