Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-18-2024, 04:30 PM   #1

Xantrex inverter

We purchased a 2024 Precept 34g a few months ago. I have been somewhat dumbfounded by the lack of a12v socket in the dash area? There are USB connection but not very convenient with some accessories. What I really don't understand is the 110vac outlets that only work when I'm on shore power or generator?

Perhaps there's something i'm missing, but to be fair, I have not done much reading on my inverter to determine if it will power those outlets while driving?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Ghayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2024, 04:49 PM   #2

My 2024 GMC Sierra Denali has no 12v socket either. I have items which need the 'cigarette lighter' to operate. Fortunately, I have a 110v outlet so I got this adapter from Amazon.
It sounds like your 110v only works via the inverter? Dang.
If true, then you'll need to find 12 volts somewhere in your dash or run a wire to the battery. This one has a fuse and cover.
If you can find 12v in your fuse box, this adapter makes it easy to add another.
PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2024, 06:34 PM   #3

My ‘24 truck was missing the 12v socket as well. Didn’t realize it till I went to tow my trailer. I went to Autozone and got a USB to 12V adapter for my trailer camera plug. Works well.

As for your outlets working on shore power…my previous Jayco had an inverter, but it only powered the residential fridge. No other outlets worked off of it. I know this is a motorhome, but maybe it’s a similar setup. Since you have a gen it may be assumed you’d run that if you need all the ac stuff working when not on shore power.
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2024, 09:27 PM   #4

I have a '22... In mine there is a 120V outlet on the center console below the climate control panel that is powered by the inverter (when it's on). I believe there is another by the passenger seat that is also powered by the inverter. It's easy enough to check that out on your rig.

Mine also had no 12V cigarette lighter style outlets, but did have USB on both the driver and passenger side.

I added 12V outlets on either side of the center console, to power a few devices I use that needed it (GPS, charger for TPMS display). If you are handy, there is plenty of 12V available in the center console, take out the radio to gain access, figure out an appropriate power and ground with a meter... I bought some outlets on amazon that required drilling a hole and mounting was easy...

--Paul
pbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 05:51 AM   #5

Does the inverter work without shore power/generator power? I have not had the opportunity to check these issues out. I know that there are many options to find 12vdc, I just thought that I was missing something.
Old 06-19-2024, 06:01 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghayes View Post
Does the inverter work without shore power/generator power? I have not had the opportunity to check these issues out. I know that there are many options to find 12vdc, I just thought that I was missing something.
Yes. The inverter turns 12v from your house batteries into 120v ac. In my unit it will power the refrigerator, tv's, and a few other outlet locations. You need to be careful using it for long periods of time without recharging the batteries (either with shore power, generator, solar, or engine running), but it's not really a concern when driving down the road.

Also, when on shore power or when the generator is running the inverter automatically changes to bypass mode, allowing the ac power directly to those circuits, instead of always having to create it from 12v dc.
pbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 06:15 AM   #7

Yes, no 12v socket, but it's easily installed if your handy.
I have a 2023 36C... there is a 120V outlet on the center console below the climate control panel that is powered by the inverter (when it's on) and there is another by the passenger seat that is also powered by the inverter. Easy enough to check with a 120v test plug.
AlexG. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 01:07 PM   #8

Thanks for the information!