Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-22-2023, 01:43 PM   #1

Yellowstone

Made the trip in our Alante, some vids we took back in June 2022, only got in 2 days in the southern portion with the flooding. But hey, means a return trip!

https://m.youtube.com/@rving

Make sure to add Yellowstone to your bucket list.
Alante31V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 02:09 AM   #2

Wow, I love the videos you posted, I really have to make that trip.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 02:18 PM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
We made that trip in 2022 as well. We were there in late August for about 5 days. Saw just about everything that was open at that time. This was part of our big trip on 2022, which also included Custer SP, Alcatraz, Sequoia NP, Grand Teton, Grand Canyon, etc...

Wanting to go back to Yellowstone again, it was well worth it.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1088.jpg   IMG_1110.jpg   IMG_1010.jpg   IMG_1190.jpg  
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 07:02 PM   #4

That Bison looks bad a$$! Man you did a big trip. We did 3 weeks, 1 to get out there, week there then week to get back to Ohio. We want to hit those other spots in retirement.

#Bru_Tube

Old 01-24-2023, 02:02 AM   #5

That is a nice place to visit for sure and maybe the wife and I will do that trip one day if you guys have any more pics please post some up.
Old 01-24-2023, 08:24 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alante31V View Post
That Bison looks bad a$$! Man you did a big trip. We did 3 weeks, 1 to get out there, week there then week to get back to Ohio. We want to hit those other spots in retirement.
Yea he was huge, and didn't not care one bit about the cars. The park rangers had to herd him off the road with a suburban. He's realized over time, its easier to take the road to get where he wants. Our trip was just under 3 months, I work from home (18 yrs) and my wife doesn't work, so she drives me around (retired bus driver) while I work and I take a few days off here and there.

Here's a link to some pictures "Big1", we have a ton more, but these are easy to get to. Below is our trip, starting in North Florida and went counter-clockwise. Trip included a cruise to Alaska from Seattle halfway through as well. We certainly checked off a few items from the bucket list on that trip.

https://lightroom.adobe.com/shares/b...ab8f0bab415d7f
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.JPG  
Old 01-24-2023, 02:10 PM   #7

You use that Garmin Basecamp program to map your trip?

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/software/basecamp/

#Bru_Tube

Old 01-24-2023, 05:20 PM   #8

No, just google and google maps. Tried to keep it under 500 miles per travel day and arrive at a destination on Wednesday or Thursday so as to minimize PTO to explore the area. Planned it about 9 months in advance after we had the cruise dates set. then worked backward to our starting point and forward to our destination.
Old 01-24-2023, 05:38 PM   #9

We spent 2.5 months circling Yellowstone in 2021...went through every entrance and drove almost all of the roads in and around, except the road from Norris Canyon to Tower Junction, it was closed for repairs...but hope can do in 2024 when we go back...absolute wondrous time there.
(2019 NP 383FKWS)
(2019 RAM 3500 DRW Big Horn)
Topperace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 02:58 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foretm View Post
Yea he was huge, and didn't not care one bit about the cars. The park rangers had to herd him off the road with a suburban. He's realized over time, its easier to take the road to get where he wants. Our trip was just under 3 months, I work from home (18 yrs) and my wife doesn't work, so she drives me around (retired bus driver) while I work and I take a few days off here and there.

Here's a link to some pictures "Big1", we have a ton more, but these are easy to get to. Below is our trip, starting in North Florida and went counter-clockwise. Trip included a cruise to Alaska from Seattle halfway through as well. We certainly checked off a few items from the bucket list on that trip.

https://lightroom.adobe.com/shares/b...ab8f0bab415d7f

Awesome, thank you, you was in my neck of the wood, well, I'm not is Seattle thank God but I'm about 45 to 60 minutes from there. Oh, man, after looking at these pics I'm a little jealous now these pics are just so beautiful just breath taken.
Old 01-25-2023, 07:18 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Awesome, thank you, you was in my neck of the wood, well, I'm not is Seattle thank God but I'm about 45 to 60 minutes from there. Oh, man, after looking at these pics I'm a little jealous now these pics are just so beautiful just breath taken.
We spent 2 weeks in Spokane (one of those weeks was on the cruise), so my uncle who retired from the Air Force there could keep an eye on the rig. We just took the toad over to Seattle, long enough to get on the ship and get back.
Seattle was a bit disappointing. We drove the Columbia river from Spokane to Eugene, OR. and that was a beautiful drive, made up for it.
Old 01-25-2023, 11:38 PM   #12

Quote:
We spent 2 weeks in Spokane (one of those weeks was on the cruise), so my uncle who retired from the Air Force there could keep an eye on the rig. We just took the toad over to Seattle, long enough to get on the ship and get back.
Seattle was a bit disappointing. We drove the Columbia river from Spokane to Eugene, OR. and that was a beautiful drive, made up for it.
That was a great trip, and yeah I agree about Seattle is the dump now it didn't use to be that away but with the homeless and defund the police and the people in office drove this lovely city into one of the worse city it the US alone with Portland.

I don't go to that city, my wife and I just drive through the city if I do go there for any reason which I can't think of any my head is on a swivel but of course I always take some heat with me those.

There is another place you might to go one day is down the coast of 101 hwy by the ocean all the way down to CA, that is some beautiful country you will pass the ice cream factory and cheese factory that is some good ice cream.

I'm hoping one day that my DW and I will make that trip to Yellowstone one day. Thanks for the pics again.
Old 01-26-2023, 07:20 AM   #13

My wife said the same thing, she had been there many years ago and was so disappointed as she was telling me how pretty it was. Its a shame really, it looks like a beautiful place. We went directly to the ship and directly back, no stops, no detours.

I do hope you make it to Yellowstone someday, its breathtaking. I would go back tomorrow, there and the Grand Canyon.
Old 01-28-2023, 10:18 PM   #14

Quote:
My wife said the same thing, she had been there many years ago and was so disappointed as she was telling me how pretty it was. Its a shame really, it looks like a beautiful place. We went directly to the ship and directly back, no stops, no detours.

I do hope you make it to Yellowstone someday, its breathtaking. I would go back tomorrow, there and the Grand Canyon.

Thank you sir and you did the right thing to go directly to the ship it's nothing to see here, I use to be very proud of the city but now it's not but anyway if we do ever go there, I will hit you up on where to go.
Old 01-29-2023, 06:27 AM   #15

Summer 2022

We made a trip out there as well. However, we happen to be there about a week or so before the floods and then headed to Glacier. It flooded 2 days after we left. It was amazing nonetheless as well as the Tetons. We camped at Flag Ranch for a week. Perfect spot to see both parks. Our only problem was we went early, May/June and we couldn’t see much of Glacier be other Going to the Sun road was still snowed in. But we did see Yellowstone and the Tetons. But I guess it’s a good thing we went early because we wouldn’t have been able to see anything LOL. Great trip.
Attached Thumbnails
D2DFAD1D-F8F6-409D-86A7-6F272F6CDF86.jpg   1E344BA2-5645-4596-B063-56582EB44EA9.jpg   036D7B05-02C6-44D4-B86B-9160955FA121.jpeg  
Oscar348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 11:16 AM   #16

Yellowstone

Asked the dealer if this would be covered in the Adzel warranty.
Attached Thumbnails
20220721_200604.jpg  
Forester2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 07:58 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forester2 View Post
Nice... yea Grand Canyon, we had a huge bull elk walk through the campground. Some people have no common sense. Some lady started running toward it, literally trying to get a closer look.
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.jpg  
Old 01-31-2023, 08:46 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar348 View Post
We made a trip out there as well. However, we happen to be there about a week or so before the floods and then headed to Glacier. It flooded 2 days after we left. It was amazing nonetheless as well as the Tetons. We camped at Flag Ranch for a week. Perfect spot to see both parks. Our only problem was we went early, May/June and we couldn’t see much of Glacier be other Going to the Sun road was still snowed in. But we did see Yellowstone and the Tetons. But I guess it’s a good thing we went early because we wouldn’t have been able to see anything LOL. Great trip.

Thank you for the awesome pics, I can see myself making a trip there, hopefully soon having back surgery this week so I'm not sure about this year.
Old 01-31-2023, 08:47 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forester2 View Post

Oh my neck.
Old 01-31-2023, 08:50 PM   #20

Quote:
Nice... yea Grand Canyon, we had a huge bull elk walk through the campground. Some people have no common sense. Some lady started running toward it, literally trying to get a closer look.

Nice pics, are they dangerous?

Tags
yellowstone