Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-09-2017, 09:08 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
Looks great! Now you need to pro griddle that goes over both burners for your camp chef. And the pizza oven! I have both and do all my cooking on them.

BTW, my best skillet is a Griswold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tom,

TY!!!

My best are a couple Wagners. I believe the skillet with no markings is a Wagner if I remember correctly from what I found searching. I just bought a 12" Lodge. Couldn't bring myself to spend $50+ on a Wagner or Griswold 12" in somewhat rough shape vs the $18 and change....

I actually have the two of the single pro griddles. I went that route so I can run two griddles, or one griddle and a pan as needed. My buddy had the grill box. I considered it, but already had a grill, and then bought the Weber for a great price- Q220 for $150 brand new. I have looked at the pizza oven, just not sure where I would store it!!!

Have you bought the storage bag for the griddle? If so, is it holding up? I use a couple canvas tho shopping bags right now. They somewhat work, but I would like something better.

And how is your griddle doing as far as being seasoned? Mine are giving me a little bit of a fit. Not horrible, just need to make sure you oil them pretty good. Sometimes between each round of pancakes or french toast.

John,

I bought the griddles and side shelves from Gander Mountain during a 20% sale, and ordered the leg leg levers, "better grease cups" for the griddles, and the igniter kits from a place on eBay. And the stove storage bag from GM at 20% off during their closing sale.

I highly recommend the leg levelers, ignitor kits, the better grease cup(s), and the storage bag!!!! The standard grease catch has you use a hanger that holds empty soup cans.... It works, but the optional cup is way better.

To hang the utinsels I bought two Weber kettle tool hangers and straightened them. Also slightly squeezed the hanger hooks together so it hangs better from the stove.

The paper towel is a holder from CW (I think) with two magnets mounted to it. Works great under the shelf!!!

For anyone that hauls cast iron pans with them, how do you store them and keep them from banging each other? I started putting them under a dinette seat, and until recently used paper towel between pans. I started cutting shelf liner to go between them, I just need some wider liner for the 10" and 12" pans.

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:29 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by need-a-vacation View Post
Tom,

TY!!!

My best are a couple Wagners. I believe the skillet with no markings is a Wagner if I remember correctly from what I found searching. I just bought a 12" Lodge. Couldn't bring myself to spend $50+ on a Wagner or Griswold 12" in somewhat rough shape vs the $18 and change....

I actually have the two of the single pro griddles. I went that route so I can run two griddles, or one griddle and a pan as needed. My buddy had the grill box. I considered it, but already had a grill, and then bought the Weber for a great price- Q220 for $150 brand new. I have looked at the pizza oven, just not sure where I would store it!!!

Have you bought the storage bag for the griddle? If so, is it holding up? I use a couple canvas tho shopping bags right now. They somewhat work, but I would like something better.

And how is your griddle doing as far as being seasoned? Mine are giving me a little bit of a fit. Not horrible, just need to make sure you oil them pretty good. Sometimes between each round of pancakes or french toast.

John,

I bought the griddles and side shelves from Gander Mountain during a 20% sale, and ordered the leg leg levers, "better grease cups" for the griddles, and the igniter kits from a place on eBay. And the stove storage bag from GM at 20% off during their closing sale.

I highly recommend the leg levelers, ignitor kits, the better grease cup(s), and the storage bag!!!! The standard grease catch has you use a hanger that holds empty soup cans.... It works, but the optional cup is way better.

To hang the utinsels I bought two Weber kettle tool hangers and straightened them. Also slightly squeezed the hanger hooks together so it hangs better from the stove.

The paper towel is a holder from CW (I think) with two magnets mounted to it. Works great under the shelf!!!

For anyone that hauls cast iron pans with them, how do you store them and keep them from banging each other? I started putting them under a dinette seat, and until recently used paper towel between pans. I started cutting shelf liner to go between them, I just need some wider liner for the 10" and 12" pans.

I have the storage bag for the 16" griddle and have used it for a couple of years. It's holding up fine. The 14" griddle is actually stored in its original box. I forgot to order the bag and said, heck, I'll keep it in the box till it falls apart. That's been 6-8 months now and box is still holding up.

My 14" griddle has been doing well. I give it a light coat of oil before and after each use. My 16" had some rusting issues under the seasoning after a couple years of use so I stripped off the seasoning, sanded it smooth and it's now in the process of being re seasoned.

I too agree to get the upgraded grease cup and leg levelers.

You just can't beat the high power of the camp chef and cooking on cast iron. Everything tastes better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 08:29 PM   #43

Not sure if it's the cast iron, cooking while camping, or a combination of the two as to why food tastes better at the cg!!!

Didn't consider keeping the boxes!!! To late now for that, as they became ashes a long time ago.

Old 06-18-2018, 09:23 AM   #44

I have a couple new mods finished to add to the list.

I finally replaced the bathroom faucet. We just need to pick up a small power strip with a 90* plug as the faucet blocks the outlet some.

I also added a couple motion activated led lights from OxyLed. One 6 led in each front wardrobe, 2-10 led lights in the “hallway” wardrobe”, and a single 6 led light under the kitchen counter for nighttime restroom trips. I only have a pic of the led light under the counter.

Still have a few other things on the wish list to do. Maybe I’ll finally be done about the time we decide to buy a new rig!!!
Attached Thumbnails
5C17986A-B9BB-45B4-B8B7-D388D4EA97C9.jpg   193EB8B7-83E8-407B-B2A9-775BFE85F36D.jpg   3D263C51-CA97-44FB-9A57-615041B5AE9C.jpg   4EA64F42-4EBA-4E17-A41A-2A9D2AEE1A54.jpg