Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-17-2011, 10:23 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTremist View Post
Oh...poor babies have been totally neglected since I got the TT. I have 4 of them........snip
Mark,

I don't have four, but I do have one that keeps me playing in traffic (loaded for a weekend camping trip):

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (integrated sway control)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:57 PM   #12

Nice, I like how clean it looks.
I would personally be a little concerned about the fact that both Jayco and the frame manufacturer say "no" to attaching anything to the frame. Maybe it's just a precaution on their side ....
How many bikes at what weight do you think would be ok? Our four bikes come in at 140 lbs total.
I ended up putting a bike rack over the bed of my truck (can still use the bed under the truck for everything else).

2012x19h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:30 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012x19h View Post
Nice, I like how clean it looks.
I would personally be a little concerned about the fact that both Jayco and the frame manufacturer say "no" to attaching anything to the frame. Maybe it's just a precaution on their side ....
How many bikes at what weight do you think would be ok? Our four bikes come in at 140 lbs total.
I ended up putting a bike rack over the bed of my truck (can still use the bed under the truck for everything else).
Thanks - I did some testing with the 3 bikes on it and mentioned elsewhere I ran a ratcheting tiedown to the hybrid bed locks to take the slop out of the Thule rack...too much bouncing on the camera.

I did throw a standard drawbar into it and stood on it myself and bounced up and down and didn't see or feel any flex other than the TT axles. I'm 220 lbs so I definitely think it's capable of the bikes or even a tray with my gen on it.

I know Jayco doesn't want anything back there but my welder actually looked the frame construction over real well (he didn't want to do any work that might cause an issue or fail in any way - if anyone is in MN and needs a welder, I highly recommend Bohn Welding in St. Louis Park) and he was impressed with the strength and design of the frame rails for an "ultra-lite" trailer.

After the paint fully cures and I've hauled the bikes a few times I will be looking very closely for any "witness" marks indicating serious flexing etc. In the meantime, the season is almost over and I'm not sure how many more trips I will take with the kids.

Mark
Equalizer E2 6000
EXTremist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:32 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Eagle View Post
Mark,

I don't have four, but I do have one that keeps me playing in traffic (loaded for a weekend camping trip):

Bob
Beautiful Bob! The group of guys I ride long distance with ride mostly full-dress Ultras.
Equalizer E2 6000
EXTremist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 10:03 PM   #15

awesome i need 4x4 or add on htich i hate those 1 by 4 bumper, need something to carry my generator and storage bin in back one of my friend own welding shop. you buy 4x4 bumper? i wonder where to get or something i have to mod..
cooljayco12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 11:13 PM   #16

Welcome to the JOF.

If you don't get some responses, it might be best for you to start a new topic. This thread is rather old.
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 07:06 AM   #17
jaw

Jayco 23b carrier on rear bumber

I would like to add a carrier for my portable dog pen (less than 100 lbs) to the rear of my 23b hybrid camper. My bumber is bolted to the camper frame. There are additional holes in the frame. Can these holes be used to attach structure to attach the carrier? I was thinking I could attach the bottom of the carrier to the bumber with a bolt on attachment and then add reenforcement attached to these holes. How will this affect my warranty?
jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 08:13 AM   #18
Site Team

jaw and cooljayco12:
You may get better response if you start a new thread with your question in lieu of tagging in onto this older thread. If you want to do that ask a mod for help.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote