Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-22-2021, 09:48 PM   #1

2007 Greyhawk 31SS MODS

Making some mods this year.
1) removed booth dinette and J sofa. Replaced with RecPro power recliners and table with standalone wooden chairs. 2 fixed. 2 folding. Required extending slide and electrical work to put chairs on inverter (upgraded to 1000 watt in 2012) added beadboard on lower half of walls behind chairs and table.
2) installed Hellwig sway bar in rear
3) next installing Hellwig front sway bar and Bilstein steering stabilizer and Bilstein HD shocks all around.

Mods I've made so far have made huge comfort differences. New ones for improved handling and comfort.
Attached Thumbnails
20210221_182759.jpg   20210221_182747.jpg   20210221_182750.jpg  
ledoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 07:44 AM   #2

Nice job!
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 08:09 AM   #3

I did a very similar thing in mind but I didn't use powered recliners just a regular dual recliner. Did you swap the location of the table as mine is where your recliners are? If so, is it easy to move the table? Also, I noticed you have a different looking thermostat, is it remote and how do you like that? Thanks, CA
Old 04-23-2021, 11:38 AM   #4

I did swap the location of the booth with the recliners. I wanted to get the recliners in the middle of the coach for less movement when my wife sits there during travel as well as making them directly in front of the tv for more pleasant viewing. Both worked great.

Re thermostat, i don't like the remote. I just don't feel that I have direct control of the heater or ac. I would change it if I could.

Thanks. Larry
Old 04-23-2021, 12:05 PM   #5

I am going to take a look and see if I can do the same then, it would be easier to see the TV for sure if I swapped the dual recliner and table around. Is moving the table all that hard? I have already removed and replaced the dinette and J Sofa like you did but didn't relocate the table, so most of the work is already done for me. I suspect moving the table may not be too challenging, but I never considered it until your post here. Thanks, Craig
Old 04-23-2021, 02:05 PM   #6

Craig, it wasn't hard. I used the table support from the dinette table and made a new top that was 4" narrower. Wanted more space for chairs. I found 2 wooden folding chairs at habitat and 2 fixed oak chairs at Goodwill. Total of $14 for 4 wooden chairs. We stow the folding chairs under the bed when it is just 2 of us (95% of time).

I did extend to pullout to 42" wide all the way across. That was the most work and replaced the carpet with stickon plank flooring. If I had it to do over again I think I would have put sheet vinyl that looks like plants but the stickon was easy to install.

I put beadboard all around on the walls on the slideout to give it a homey feeling. Larry
Old 04-23-2021, 02:40 PM   #7

I also put a LED fireplace in. I was not able to permanently mount it as there wasn't enough space for the slide to come in so we put the bracket on the wall and take it out of storage under the bed when we arrive in camp and plug it in. Just takes a few minutes to do. It adds some warmth and ambiance. Added a plug on the wall under the fp.by tapping an existing circuit. The junction box was under the bathroom sink.
Old 04-23-2021, 04:18 PM   #8

I have made a few mods as well and very interested in the ones you have made. I plan to install stronger sway bars, a track bar, and new shocks, in fact I have it all waiting for me to install and got delayed due to shoulder surgery. Did you install the speakers above the table or did it come that way. Many times I like listening to some music instead of TV and the ceiling speakers are left\right only when facing forward such as in the driver\passenger seats and no stereo separation can be heard from the recliner or table position. Not that it is a huge concern of mine, but I may would like a couple of speakers left and right of the recliner, perhaps connected to the TV as well as the Stereo. Thanks, CA
Old 04-23-2021, 06:40 PM   #9

Craig, the speakers came stock with the mh. They used to be over the J sofa that I removed. I was thinking of installing addional speakers over the new chairs after our 2 week trip to AZ. I may move these. It's a little challenging as we don't have any cabinets over the chairs so wiring in the ceiling is a bit harder.

I finished the front stabilizer bar and steering stabilizer bar today. Test drive showed great improvement, especially the steering. Old stock one was 13 years old. No resistance at all. It wasn't doing anything. Having shocks installed next week. I have to tell you those stabilizer bars are heavy. You might want to find someone to install them for you but shop around. RV places wanted $600-800 to install the rear. I paid way less.

Share pics of your project when you get to it, plz. Thanks, Larry

Tags
booth, freestanding table, shocks, stablizer bars