Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-19-2014, 01:52 PM   #21

One question -

I like your storage rack on the bumper and would love to do the same thing. I too have a 264BH, but read in the manual that the bumper is not to have any load bearing on it outside the spare tire. How did you reinforce it to allow for the additional weight?

Thanks for in advance for your input.
RepublicanDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:05 PM   #22

I actually did not reinforce it. I mounted the bolt on receiver close to the frame on the right side. Then when I put the rack in I used one of the u bolt anti rattle things so the the rack is tight and does not rattle or shake around at all. When I go out I usually put 3 6 gallon water jugs and 2 6 gallon cans or gasoline on that rack. I have done this many times and there is no sign of bending or breaking yet. I got my son and I on it about 375 pounds to gather and we bounced on it and nothing moved. It seems to be pretty strong. So far. I hope that helps. I know the manual tells you not to but we all do many things that the manual says that we should not do. Most of the time it works but sometimes it doesn't. It is worth the risk for me. Thanks

Happy camping.
apscubaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:49 PM   #23

I finally got to installing the LED light strip under the awning. I had to use a differ t adhesive than the sticky tape that didn't stick. Hopefully the new adhesive will hold it. Only time will tell. I wired it down the rear awning bar and into the rear compartment. I ran a new 12v wire set from the fuse panel. I also installed a light in the compartment since I now had power there.

Also got a new mattress and threw the one that came with it into the dump. Now it's comfortable. What a difference. The regular queen is a few inches longer but it still fits without a problem.

That's it for now.

Happy camping!
Kipor 3500 watt inverter generator.
Dual 6-volt batteries - 1500 watt pure sine inverter
LED lights everywhere
Old 07-05-2014, 04:42 PM   #24

Just bought my 264bh 3 weeks ago. Bought 2 6v GC Costco Batteries today. What length and gauge battery cable did you buy to connect in series? Also where did you purchase this cable? Also where did you purchase your Battery boxes?
Hurtn4surtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:56 PM   #25

I bought the battery boxes at camping world. Like $15 each I Think. The wire I used was car stereo amplifier wire 1/0. I bought an amplifier wiring kit at frys electronics but most car audio shops will have this. I went to a local hardware store and bought large shrink wrap and copper ends for the big wire. Just to keep it all clean. I used 7' of wire on each positive and negative sides. I also installed an inline fuse that came in the amplifier kit. It was much cheaper to buy the kit than just the large wire. Like $50 for the kit with 20' of 1/0 wire. That was for wiring my inverter thru the front wall. For just the batteries you only need about 5' total of wire or less. I put a 12" jumper between the batteries. Then about 18" jumper to the frame. I kept the factory wire to the converter and fuse panel. I hope that helps.

Thanks
Happy camping!!!!
LED lights everywhere
Old 07-06-2014, 08:57 PM   #26

Good luck with the trailer we love ours. Please ask any questions and I will try to answer them. I have done many things that are quite easy.

Thanks
LED lights everywhere
Old 12-27-2014, 10:26 PM   #27

Where did you get the locks and what kind?
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:06 PM   #28

I know this post is a bit old, but I have the same trailer (2015) and looking to install LED light strip under awning too. Can you give me some more details how you did it? You seem to be the only person I have found with the same trailer and the light strip.
andrewjsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 11:44 PM   #29

The led light strip was purchased off amazon for less than $20. I had to use a marine adhesive caulking after trying 2 others that did not work. I already ran 12 v wiring to the rear compartment for a light. Just connected the 12v insisted the compartment. Drilled a hole thru the compartment and awning rail. Ran the wire up the rail and installed the control unit and it sensor at the top. That's about it. Very easy. Hope that helps.happy camping.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:46 PM   #30

Got the locks online. I will try to find my receipt and let you know from where. I love having only 1 key and knowing that no one else in the park will have a key to my trailer. Thanks.

Happy camping
Old 03-26-2015, 11:51 PM   #31

Latest mods

Installed Pistons on the bed today. Now I can raise the bed without killing myself. Work great and very easy install. Great mod! Also added a longer threaded rod on the propane tanks to use larger tanks. This will be nice to not worry about how much propane I have.

Happy camping!!!!
Old 03-27-2015, 04:48 AM   #32

When you added 12V power to your storage areas, how did you route the wiring? I'm thinking of adding a Blue Sea fuse block off the battery and mount it under the bench seat at the dinette. Just need to figure how to get the power cable into that area. Drill through the floor? Is there any channel to fish wire? I was then going to add LED lights to front and back storage compartments, under awning LED light strip and two LED light pods for backing up.
andrewjsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 12:13 AM   #33

Wites

I ran a new set of wires from the control panel fuse block below the fridge under the trailer and up into the rear compartment using existing holes in the bottom. I used a very well shielded monster cable car audio wire.
Hope that helps.

Happy camping.