Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Jayco Mods
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2018, 03:50 PM   #1

2017 x23b backup camera installed, elec. switch upgrades and dinette storage area

1)New Furrion FOS48TAPK-BL install using center led marker light location and power supply.

2) Since I was going to redo the front dinette storage area. I opened / removed the front storage wall panel allowing me the opportunity to install (4) 3/4 led blue marker lights to the front of the trailer. Coincidentally, I found a leak behind the wall due to poor caulking from team Jayco. Corrected the caulking, cleaned up all the mold that was in the wall, installed my lights and put it all back together.

3) Completely rebuilt the dinette bench area adding additional support throughout. I also cleaned up the wiring in the storage area underneath the bench and added a light and switch in the storage area. Installed new combination usb charging and outlet into top of new cabinet door / top of shelf.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5066.jpg   IMG_5032.jpg   IMG_5033.jpg   IMG_4979.jpg   IMG_4982.jpg  

IMG_4990.jpg   IMG_4908.jpg   IMG_4912.jpg   IMG_5012.jpg   IMG_5013.jpg  

WisconsinCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 04:20 PM   #2

2017 x23b backup camera installed, elec. switch upgrades and dinette storage area

After completing the dinette / storage area I moved to electrical.

4) Run a pull line across the ceiling from the power converter to the switch bay located next to the entertainment center.

5) Spliced into the circuit for the exterior marker lights and ran a line to the new switch bay. Installed switch to control marker lights from inside TT.

6) Installed (3) new light switches. My interior lights switch is always back lit, this way we can see it at night when coming back and first entering the TT. The other switches stay lit only when in the on position.
Canopy, Marker lights, interior lights and porch light. (I put the porch light on the original canopy light switch).

7) Installed a porch light.
also added (2) more combination usb charging and outlets. one just inside the door on the left, side of the base cabinet. The other I replaced the outlet in the rear sleeping area.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5011.jpg   IMG_5014.jpg   IMG_5034.jpg   IMG_4962.jpg   IMG_4952.jpg  

IMG_4953.jpg   IMG_4948.jpg   IMG_4955.jpg   IMG_4940.jpg   IMG_5068.jpg  

Old 09-28-2018, 10:36 AM   #3

Nice job! You really beefed up that dinette support nicely and opened it up. Just curious, why did you add the additional porch light?
Old 10-05-2018, 02:38 PM   #4

porch light

So at the time it seemed like a good idea. But, in reality I don't use it much, It just draws the bugs that much closer to the TT door.