Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-17-2018, 08:49 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkdopkins View Post
We have a 2017 264bhw. We decided to order a cabinet for that wall space above the window next to the couch. Our dealership just needed to supply Jayco with our camper serial number to get the right color. The cabinet was shipped in 4 pieces, so we just assembled it as we installed it.

Also ordered another door for the cabinet over the table. We removed the center blank and installed the door in this location.

Also ordered another drawer front for the lower sink cabinet. The water pump is behind this area, so that explains why Jayco put a blank over that drawer spot. There wasn’t enough room for another full drawer. But there was still at least 6 inches deep of useable space. I just attached the drawer front with 2 hinges. We plan to have a plastic bin in this new storage place for truck keys, our wallets, flashlights, etc.

The total cost of all of this with shipping to our dealership in Bloomer WI was less than $200. We are really happy with how this all turned out!

I wish I had saw your post a few hours ago before I installed our shelf. I used screws because there was plenty of studs to mount mine shelf to. Yours is so pretty with those cabinet modifications. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2878.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	42060
ggilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 05:49 AM   #22

That shelf looks good. I think you have a good solution too!
jmkdopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 03:52 PM   #23

I just got the new cabinet I ordered for that space today. Did you have studs on the end of the cabinet to screw into? Doesn't look like I'll have studs at the far end to screw the end piece into. What did you do for that end piece? Wall anchors?
andrewjsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 05:11 PM   #24

I was able to find studs along my outside wall and my ceiling, so my cabinet is screwed into these studs. Our camper is stored off site so I can't go look at it, but I was able to find studs with a stud finder and by just knocking on the wall. I also looked for where the inside paneling was stapled. That helped me find studs because I assumed Jayco would staple into a stud when building the camper. I hope this helps!
Old 10-02-2018, 05:47 PM   #25

Quote:
I was able to find studs along my outside wall and my ceiling, so my cabinet is screwed into these studs. Our camper is stored off site so I can't go look at it, but I was able to find studs with a stud finder and by just knocking on the wall. I also looked for where the inside paneling was stapled. That helped me find studs because I assumed Jayco would staple into a stud when building the camper. I hope this helps!
The studs for the top and bottom are easy. The far end of mine looks like it's going to end between the two studs. It's the end piece on the right side looking at the cabinet.
Old 10-02-2018, 06:41 PM   #26

I wish I had my camper at home so I could look to see exactly what I did. But if you secure your new cabinet on every stud that you can find, it's probably ok for the far end of your cabinet to not be secured. I would think if you secure your cabinet to 2 or 3 studs, against the wall and to the ceiling, top and bottom, it's going to hold just fine. So I wouldn't worry about the cabinet ending between 2 studs. I also secured my new cabinet to the original cabinet that came with the camper.
Old 10-02-2018, 11:03 PM   #27

Do you mind me asking what it cost you including shipping and how and where did you order it.
Old 10-03-2018, 05:53 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Hill View Post
Do you mind me asking what it cost you including shipping and how and where did you order it.
I order mine from my dealer. Just give them your VIN. Cabinet is actually cheap. Think it cost me around $60 with shipping.
Old 10-03-2018, 05:54 AM   #29

Quote:
I wish I had my camper at home so I could look to see exactly what I did. But if you secure your new cabinet on every stud that you can find, it's probably ok for the far end of your cabinet to not be secured. I would think if you secure your cabinet to 2 or 3 studs, against the wall and to the ceiling, top and bottom, it's going to hold just fine. So I wouldn't worry about the cabinet ending between 2 studs. I also secured my new cabinet to the original cabinet that came with the camper.
That's what I figured as well. There's enough solid stuff to hit. Now I just need to find the right length screws. The ones Jayco used are about 1-3/4".
Old 01-03-2019, 03:42 PM   #30

Quote:
We have a 2017 264bhw. We decided to order a cabinet for that wall space above the window next to the couch. Our dealership just needed to supply Jayco with our camper serial number to get the right color. The cabinet was shipped in 4 pieces, so we just assembled it as we installed it.

Also ordered another door for the cabinet over the table. We removed the center blank and installed the door in this location.

Also ordered another drawer front for the lower sink cabinet. The water pump is behind this area, so that explains why Jayco put a blank over that drawer spot. There wasn’t enough room for another full drawer. But there was still at least 6 inches deep of useable space. I just attached the drawer front with 2 hinges. We plan to have a plastic bin in this new storage place for truck keys, our wallets, flashlights, etc.

The total cost of all of this with shipping to our dealership in Bloomer WI was less than $200. We are really happy with how this all turned out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewjsmith View Post
I just got the new cabinet I ordered for that space today. Did you have studs on the end of the cabinet to screw into? Doesn't look like I'll have studs at the far end to screw the end piece into. What did you do for that end piece? Wall anchors?

Did you guys actually order the cabinet for a 26BH then?
My local dealer seemed a bit confused but is supposed to call me back.
Blue66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 05:54 PM   #31

I copied one of their other mods and ordered a cabinet door and put it over the solid panel over the dinette. It cost more for shipping that I expected; but it was well worth it. Shipping was more than the door. I think it was more because it was shipped to a residence. Shipping to a business is usually cheaper.

$77.54 includes tax and shipping

Click image for larger version

Name:	3C885319-9E71-4F90-8A32-2306F9A9063A.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	46398
ggilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 09:11 PM   #32

Just want to say thanks for sharing. In our last trip we talked about how it Luke be nice to have extra storage in that space.
Looks like I have my next mod
Fern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 10:23 AM   #33

Genius

This looks amazing. We have the same model (2018), and not having a door for the center cabinet over the dinette never made sense to me.
But adding the cabinets over the sofa, along with the little drawer front, is simply genius.

Now if someone could just explain to me why Jayco didn't put an access panel near the rear low-point drains and hot-water by-pass, my life would be complete.
Jose&Kristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 01:57 PM   #34

264bhw add cabinets over sofa

Does anyone know the part number for the cabinets or what they are called by chance. My dealer could not find anything but the doors
Fern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 02:59 PM   #35

If I remember right, the dealer had to fill out a custom order form. Our dealership just needed to supply Jayco with our camper serial number to get the right color.
Old 11-17-2019, 11:48 AM   #36

That's exactly what I want to do, especially replacing the blank with a door above the table. I thought I'd have to make my own. It never occurred to me to call the dealer and order what I need. Duh?!
Big Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 01:07 PM   #37

I hope your dealer can help you with this! Then you know the stain color and the hardware will match.
Old 07-14-2021, 12:58 AM   #38

Great idea!

Wanting to do the same. But finding a dealer that will accommodate us, has been frustrating. We’ve tried two different dealers now. Neither one has gotten back with us nor will answer/return our calls. Nearest dealer is ~one hour away.
Sauce73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 12:33 PM   #39

Quote:
We have a 2017 264bhw. We decided to order a cabinet for that wall space above the window next to the couch. The cabinet was shipped in 4 pieces, so we just assembled it as we installed it.
We finally got around to ordering the extra cabinet as well. Did the four pieces come ready to assemble? We just received whole sheet of particle board and full lengths of trim boards. We have to cut all the pieces. Not impressed.
Attached Thumbnails
525C7E2A-0661-4B84-BD56-A041D84D64D7.jpg   596BC980-AEDE-4E62-9461-115A3386491E.jpg  
Old 10-11-2021, 10:18 PM   #40

Finally built and installed

What an ordeal! I had to cut it all out of 4x8 sheets and 8’ trim boards and then assemble it all. BUT TOTALLY worth it. So nice to have the extra storage space. I even added a little wine rack on the end with the extra material.
Attached Thumbnails
DE8D4B2C-7EEB-411C-840B-EBCCAB9F14D5.jpg   E8F58D00-D503-4FC2-9CB8-21325C488A5B.jpg   1628A866-0802-4D1A-A207-0BED212A0FF6.jpg