Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-16-2012, 12:38 PM   #1

314 BDS TV Install

I have a new 2012 314 BDS. Has anyone mounted a TV to the outdoor kitchen area?
Old 05-18-2012, 07:13 AM   #2

oops this must be dupe post. I just replied to your older one. Didnt realize how old it was... Wasnt much help for the 2012 314BDS outside kitchen question but at least got to say something about what we do watching TV in the outside patio area....
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:38 AM   #3

Cant help you with that but I was coming on to ask a TV question and thought I would post it here. Is there a difference in the TVs you purchase from an rv dealer and a tv you purchase for a house. Are the rv tvs made different like to handle the bumps, heat cold, etc. or are they same. If I purchase a tv that is sold for in home use will it survive in an rv.
2012 f250 diesel

mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:49 PM   #4

My 22-inch VIZIO flatscreen sure has been put through it camping way back in the woods. Have had it since 2008 in my OFF-ROAD 14RT POPUP.

It sits secured at the base to a cabinet top when we are setup and it gets stored on the POPUP floor with the screen faciing the wall when in travel mode.

I bet it sure takes a beating hehe... I never bring it inside even during the winter months.

The only thing a true portable TV might have is 12VDC power. But other than that just pick up a deal from WALMART 19-22 inch HDTV. Make sure it is HDTV so you can use the OTA outside antenna to pick up the NATL BROADCAST digital channels when you are camping off the power grid. We pick up 6-36 digital channels just about everywhere we go. This is full blown high def digital TV signals. Even the camp sites with cable TV hookup dont give you the digital TV signals.

My 22-inch VIZIO doesnt draw much AC power (50WATTS I think it is) so I just power my unit up with a small 300-400 WATT Pure Sign Wave Inverter running off the batteries when camping off the power grid. The MSW type Inverter may work as well but sooner or later you will blue smoke something you plug into it so not to ever have such a problem I just went ahead and got a PSW type Inverter. Wont ever have to worry about what I am plugging into to. Worth the few bucks more to us to do this...
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote