Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-19-2017, 10:51 PM   #1

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
377 RLBH Warranty Repair

This is a very long post. I've had two requests so far for my lengthy warranty item list--regarding our 2017 Jayco North Point 377 RLBH delivered May 27, 2016, from a dealer in Middlebury near the factory, is about ready for pickup from Jayco Service Center tomorrow or Friday. We dropped it off on Jun 27, about 3 weeks ago. We are quite happy with this rig and the floorpan it has to offer, as we are fulltimers for just over a year, and loving it.

However, I wanted to post the list of the items we presented to Jayco Service to let others with this model know what we've encountered with our rig, after 14,666 towed miles to date. When we get it back, I'll update each item with what was done. First and foremost a structure crack at lower left of the master slide has continuously spread since last August. See photos attached. 1st pic-8/10/16, 2nd-3/31/17 3rd-6/4/17. I applied clear silicone in the crack to ward off moisture until repairs could me made. Feel free to post your issues (and photos!) with your 377 to let others know what to look out for. Remember to not check the box to reply with all 47 items, but rather cut n paste so as to make short replies. Hopefully your local dealer is able to resolve most or all of them.

Warranty Repair items for Jayco, in priority order:

1. Repair fiberglass crack outside at lower left of slide #1 (master). Continues to grow.
1a. Corner edge moulding is coming loose where decals begin. Opposite side edge corner moulding too is coming loose.

2. Front Nose Cap has stress cracks at top driver’s side, 20”left of the yellow marker lights. Noticed in Nov. while waxing nose cone. We never hit anything, nor hail…however this affected area aligns closely with a master closet repair by dealership on Aug 8, 2016.

3. Master closet ceiling (upper left) is separating once again after dealer repair in 2016. However, this area is close to proximity to where the stress cracks are on the front nose cap. Maybe they wedged a board up behind the cubby to fix the cubby?

4. Left (driver) side tires are very close together when loaded for travel. Only a finger’s width at times and verified on level surface at the dealership where purchased during Aug 2016 visit. Other side is two fingers separation (or 1.5” gap). When unit is leveled, the 1.5” gap returns. Could the CRE3000 rubber component be defective?

5. Please remove old factory shackles and install the better ‘MORryde UO12-016 Heavy Duty (wet) Shackle Upgrade Kit’, that I bought from Amazon Prime, which have the bronze bushing wet bolts. I wish to examine the old nylon bushings, so please place those from the driver side in my provided ziplock bag-labeled ‘driver side’, those from passenger side in a ziplock bag- labeled ‘passenger side’. I’ve read this kit is now standard on the 2018 North Point.

6. King Pin box rail is not level when unit is leveled. It appears tilted up at the pin.

7. square steel tubing support beam below the forward lower storage compartment-has sagged down causing center door knob to not engage when either hitched and sometimes when front landing gear is down. Needs a stronger beam or weld two together.

8. Slide #4 (dinette) adjustment bolts needs to be re-checked underneath as I see rusted outline of where bolt head once was at the rear. The slide tilts when going in or out.

9. Awning #1 has severely wrinkled now and the LED light strip is wavy w/two diodes burnt out, as the fabric has rippled and no longer smooth and straight as when new. Also the left and right arms sometimes get jammed in the tracks when deploying and retracting.

10. Awning #2 is getting wrinkled as well. Has never jammed deploying/retracting.

11. Slide #3 (kitchen) cannot close fully at the fridge and has to be helped each time to fully retract pulling at the fridge side trim with one person. Otherwise it comes in almost 1/4” short and doesn’t seal properly, as a gap in weather stripping is seen from the outside where fridge is. Otherwise, a 2 person job- I push from the outside as wife retracts slide from inside.

12. Slide #3 (kitchen) awning topper sags and holds a lot of water after rainstorms. It appears there’s too much bend in the roller at the middle, and on short stays when it rains heavily, I bring in the slide to drain the water. On long stays, I wedge a 2x4 block between it and the slide to keep roller straight and taught. With that, I place a plastic toy ball in the middle to shed the water. If only the wall mount was a little higher, then proper drain could take place. So now, this awning topper is permenantly stretched and sags in the middle, even when dry.

13. Slide #4 (dinette) awning topper now holds water and is stretched like #3. I have to place another plastic toy ball in the middle to shed water. If Jayco can’t remedy the problem of water collection on either slide awning, what is their solution?

14. Missing brown edge panel strips on slides: slide #1 (master)- left, slide #2 (bunkhouse)- top & left, slide #3 (kitchen)- right. Bare edge plywood can be felt and seen. If Jayco feels it’s not seen—not necessary, then why are they present on top of slides 1,3,4?

15. The kitchen island outer edge toe kick below the carbon monoxide/propane leak detector received water damage as a result of a leak under the left kitchen sink rubber seal drain housing. This rubber seal came loose recently. Of the 6 visible drain compression fittings under the sink, 5 were loose according to the wife. Can Jayco replace ONLY the water damaged toe kick material parts? I don’t want a new island, which is crazy if Jayco thinks there’s no other way. Otherwise, give me the part and I’ll fix it myself. I built a handy shelf under the sink, and don’t care to build another one.

16. Repair shower stall floor crack at drain. Water has been spotted at the floor and shower stall around 2 months after delivery. No leaks currently, but I’m worried. If Jayco decides to replace whole shower, please remove my towel bar, tape the screws to it.

17. Replace defective USB outlets next to couch, and in bunkhouse. They have both popped out. Dealership has attempted repair at the couch, but it still doesn’t work. Both need new ones.

18. Inside the Fridge door- lower plastic shelf is cracked and needs a replacement. Question: how do you keep any mildew from forming inside while in your hands? Do you leave doors open?

19. Freezer door has a dent below water dispenser caused by contact with the island countertop when in transit as the fridge rocks on curvy/wavy roads, plus door trying to come open against its locked counter part. Is the fridge not secured to the slide floor well? We put a foam noodle as a wedge between the two during travel. If Jayco says to replace whole fridge, instead of just the freezer door, then leave as is, we’ll live with it.

20. Replace outdoor shower head—plastic shutoff button has broke.

21. Driver side lower steel I-beam— paint has peeled off and is rusted--look 20” left of sewer hookup. Fix the rust spot.

22. Water pump cycles and isn’t constant when shower or any faucet is opened partially causing fluctuating/pulsating flow when boondocking. It should run steady at any water flow, right? It runs steady and quiet when fresh water tank gets down to about 1/3 - 1/4 tank left.

23. Replace left washer/dryer closet door. Has 3 sections of very rough trim finish from the factory. All trim inserts throughout the coach are smooth except this.

24. Furrion radio in living room has made chirp sounds every 1 second in AUX mode and other modes. We hit it (like the Fonz) and it goes away.

25. Wall panel is loose in corner to the left of slide 1 in master bedroom.

26. Mini fridge doesn’t get as cold as inside fridge. It’s about 10º warmer. Instructions says there’s an adjustment knob. Can’t find it.

27. How do you get the master bedroom tv to play sound thru the ceiling speakers?

28. Upper and lower chrome knobs on main propane door have rusted inside 8 months.

29. Bathroom and Bunkhouse has no baseboard trim. Is this normal?

30. Missing, broken, and loose screws on slide #3 (kitchen)- left outside flange, possibly some of the other slides. Haven’t checked the others.

31. The propane leak from the regulator was at an alarming rate, and did not set off the SENSOR ALARM on kitchen island Feb 13. Wife could smell it coming from the stairwell vent. I replaced the regulator with identical model on Feb 14, 2017. Cost $76.27 including pipe sealant and 3 yr warranty on regulator from Camping World. I drove 144 miles r/t in the pickup to get it though, then spent 2.5 hrs putting it in myself. Would like to get reimbursed for my expenses.

32. Hall windows hit each other when opening and closing.

33. There’s a bump in the laminate flooring between island and recliners. Staple coming up?

34. Loose middle and upper corner mould to the right of the fridge.

35. Cove mould keeps coming down from ceiling in master bedroom at corner of washer/dryer closet. I’ve tried 2 nails already, and it has come loose again on this last trip.

36. I believe ONE of the ‘three’ lower accent light switches (control panel, bathroom, master bedroom) is installed UPSIDE DOWN as the normal OFF position of all the switches is ’bottom pressed in’. If all 3 switches are at this position, the lower accent light is ON. For comparison, there are two light switches for the entry light (lower hall steps, control panel) that each can turn the entry ceiling lights on or off. They are installed correct.

37. Grey water #1 and/or #2 valve leak. Scenario: After draining grey 1&2 tanks completely, when leveled, we close both valves and cap sewer. Arrive later at another campsite, level, open factory sewer cap and out pours a quart or more of grey water, NOT BLACK WATER. We had warranty work done to grey 1 valve last Nov 2016 at Country Tyme in Georgetown TX to repair a damaged valve caused by factory worker’s 2” screw that fell into the tank during assembly. The Country Tyme technician also noted the cutout circle is still in the tank from assembly.

38. Can Jayco test the powered camera wire for correct 12v voltage, when not hooked in shore power? Scenario: Wireless camera keeps losing signal, has freeze-frames, low frames per second. But, as of 6/18/17, I installed a 35’ antenna extension cable w/10’ antenna extension kit; 45’ total wire length. Before 35’ ext install, the system still had poor and no signal on highways on the first trip June 2016. Then ASA Electronics sent us the WVOSAPANTEXT 10’ antenna extension/relocation kit; it was mounted on driver side rearmost window. There was a substantial improvement. However, symptoms include signal loss for about 5 seconds at times, other times slow frames per second and delays and freeze-frames. Question: Does the voltage come from the tow vehicle or onboard batteries? Plus the audio quality is very poor, can barely hear the wife’s voice behind the trailer when volume set to highest level. Is the microphone clogged or not set right? Our pickup dash has other equipment in addition to the Voyager Monitor we use during travel: Edge CS Tuner, TireMinder wireless TPMS receiver, Good Sam GPS. We cannot find out what frequency the wireless camera transmits. I have notified ASA in an email with no response.

39. Furrion 48” HDTV in living room has issues- HDMI #2 and #3 have a short and fails to connect our Bluray or Apple TV devices from time to time. Wiggling the HDMI wires at the TV shows a spotty connection. No tint control. Reds bleed and are saturated and cannot fine tune to true color and skin tones. Everyone appears to have severe facial sunburn. Rather than dealer replacing with another $920 identical unit, I’d be happy with a 49” LG 4K HDTV from Walmart for $498 that gets the color correct, plus 120 hertz refresh for smooth motion flow. TV now gets mounted to a reticulating arm to allow whole room viewing and is strapped down on rear couch during transit.

40. Can I get another factory warning decal above shore power receptacle?

41. Today is 4/24/17, I noticed the upper left screw on the command center panel is about to fall out. 4 of the 6 screws that hold it are stripped out. Only right middle and lower are actually holding it.

42. Command Center panel shows it is backlit per pg. 7 in the 2017 Jayco North Point brochure: “Backlit command center for switches” as standard interior equipment. Only the bird emblem lights up blue when Entry light switch is ON, and not any of the switch labels. Is that accurate? With the front door open, the panel labels are lost in the reflection at my eye height. Is there another button that activates the backlit feature?

43. Propane Tank 1 was last filled to weigh 60 lbs. according to my bath scale. It was leaking a little after it was filled. Please check the OPD device for correct working order.

44. Test the converter that it is fully charging my 3 batteries when plugged into shore power. There have been a couple times where the Xantrex inverter was beeping low voltage when we arrived at evening campsite. Is it a low, middle or high end unit?

45. Master closet rods have had their original wood pole sockets broken due to bad bumps in the road. Please replace each side with plastic pole sockets. I’ve only repaired the right upper and lower and have lost the other halves to the plastic ones I used. 2 New longer poles will be necessary.

46. There are multiple areas on the roof where caulking/sealant has deteriorated, perforated, bubbled, separated seam. Check each vent, skylight, ladder, etc. Two such caulk separations are the top rear corners.

47. When using the siphoning hose to add water into the fresh water tank I noticed a flattened hose (siphon hose) behind the command panel, when under vacuum gets flat and slows water flow when adding water to the freshwater tank. It needs to be pex so it won't crimp.

Issues we’ve had already and fixed:
1. Both master closet rods have fallen due to the wooden pole sockets on right side and upper left breaking. The top rod has fallen once again, breaking the left side wooden pole socket. They are simply too weak for weight of clothes. They split and broke due to road stress. I replaced both right side with plastic pole sockets and shims as the pole was short by 1/8”. Upper left was glued and rotated to unbroken section to try again.

2. A shelf in the washer/dryer closet also collapsed. Shelf came apart as was not plywood. Was replaced by dealer. Later broke again and I repaired.

3. Lower shelf in pantry collapsed in transit recently. Both right side plastic shelf supports buckled and gave way, severing the lower plastic support from the upper. They were stapled at the factory and not screwed. I repaired both by adding 8 wood screws all up and down to all 4 supports (32 screws total) so it won’t happen again.

4. The Ground Control 3.0 auto level feature was not leveling the camper front to back on 11/9/16. It was 2” too low at the front landing jacks. I performed a zero point calibration feature I found on the internet, downloaded the pdf (Jayco didn’t provide in owners manual), and all is well again.

5. Latch handle mechanism to water control/storage door- a loose screw inside backed itself out and would not latch. I removed, took apart and re-tightened the screw. This has to happened to all other cargo door latches, and repaired more than once.

6. A 2” screw fell in gray tank #1 at the factory and got lodged at the valve, preventing the valve from closing. Country Tyme RV in Georgetown TX fixed for $494.68. Jayco finally reimbursed after several months. Service Tech also reports that the factory plastic cutout still remains inside the tank, and might cause trouble in the future.

7. Bunkhouse pocket doors have fallen down from track rollers, beginning with bunkside door in October. Only 1 of the 4 screws was holding it. I repaired it. 4 screws holding 26 lbs of nonsense pressboard material- not wood. Both have repeated fallen over time. Have since removed altogether.

8. GFCI has tripped at times during transit. Can’t figure this one out. Has not done it in a long while.

9. All 7 ceiling a/c vents had too much plastic cylinder depth. I cut off 5/8” to allow much better air flow, especially to the vent above the fridge. The 8th vent is in the loft and has not been cut off yet.

10. Replaced propane regulator on Feb 14, 2017. Request compensation of parts.

11. Repaired rear 7’ valance (after falling twice) with 3 additional L brackets for 5 instead of 2. Original 2 are now relocated to aluminum studs.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4299.jpg   IMG_6918.jpg   IMG_8530.jpg  
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:03 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dskyward View Post
This is a very long post. I've had two requests so far for my lengthy warranty item list--regarding our 2017 Jayco North Point 377 RLBH delivered May 27, 2016, from a dealer in Middlebury near the factory, is about ready for pickup from Jayco Service Center tomorrow or Friday. We dropped it off on Jun 27, about 3 weeks ago. We are quite happy with this rig and the floorpan it has to offer, as we are fulltimers for just over a year, and loving it.

However, I wanted to post the list of the items we presented to Jayco Service to let others with this model know what we've encountered with our rig, after 14,666 towed miles to date. When we get it back, I'll update each item with what was done. First and foremost a structure crack at lower left of the master slide has continuously spread since last August. See photos attached. 1st pic-8/10/16, 2nd-3/31/17 3rd-6/4/17. I applied clear silicone in the crack to ward off moisture until repairs could me made. Feel free to post your issues (and photos!) with your 377 to let others know what to look out for. Remember to not check the box to reply with all 47 items, but rather cut n paste so as to make short replies. Hopefully your local dealer is able to resolve most or all of them.

Warranty Repair items for Jayco, in priority order:

1. Repair fiberglass crack outside at lower left of slide #1 (master). Continues to grow.
1a. Corner edge moulding is coming loose where decals begin. Opposite side edge corner moulding too is coming loose.

2. Front Nose Cap has stress cracks at top driver’s side, 20”left of the yellow marker lights. Noticed in Nov. while waxing nose cone. We never hit anything, nor hail…however this affected area aligns closely with a master closet repair by dealership on Aug 8, 2016.

3. Master closet ceiling (upper left) is separating once again after dealer repair in 2016. However, this area is close to proximity to where the stress cracks are on the front nose cap. Maybe they wedged a board up behind the cubby to fix the cubby?

4. Left (driver) side tires are very close together when loaded for travel. Only a finger’s width at times and verified on level surface at the dealership where purchased during Aug 2016 visit. Other side is two fingers separation (or 1.5” gap). When unit is leveled, the 1.5” gap returns. Could the CRE3000 rubber component be defective?

5. Please remove old factory shackles and install the better ‘MORryde UO12-016 Heavy Duty (wet) Shackle Upgrade Kit’, that I bought from Amazon Prime, which have the bronze bushing wet bolts. I wish to examine the old nylon bushings, so please place those from the driver side in my provided ziplock bag-labeled ‘driver side’, those from passenger side in a ziplock bag- labeled ‘passenger side’. I’ve read this kit is now standard on the 2018 North Point.

6. King Pin box rail is not level when unit is leveled. It appears tilted up at the pin.

7. square steel tubing support beam below the forward lower storage compartment-has sagged down causing center door knob to not engage when either hitched and sometimes when front landing gear is down. Needs a stronger beam or weld two together.

8. Slide #4 (dinette) adjustment bolts needs to be re-checked underneath as I see rusted outline of where bolt head once was at the rear. The slide tilts when going in or out.

9. Awning #1 has severely wrinkled now and the LED light strip is wavy w/two diodes burnt out, as the fabric has rippled and no longer smooth and straight as when new. Also the left and right arms sometimes get jammed in the tracks when deploying and retracting.

10. Awning #2 is getting wrinkled as well. Has never jammed deploying/retracting.

11. Slide #3 (kitchen) cannot close fully at the fridge and has to be helped each time to fully retract pulling at the fridge side trim with one person. Otherwise it comes in almost 1/4” short and doesn’t seal properly, as a gap in weather stripping is seen from the outside where fridge is. Otherwise, a 2 person job- I push from the outside as wife retracts slide from inside.

12. Slide #3 (kitchen) awning topper sags and holds a lot of water after rainstorms. It appears there’s too much bend in the roller at the middle, and on short stays when it rains heavily, I bring in the slide to drain the water. On long stays, I wedge a 2x4 block between it and the slide to keep roller straight and taught. With that, I place a plastic toy ball in the middle to shed the water. If only the wall mount was a little higher, then proper drain could take place. So now, this awning topper is permenantly stretched and sags in the middle, even when dry.

13. Slide #4 (dinette) awning topper now holds water and is stretched like #3. I have to place another plastic toy ball in the middle to shed water. If Jayco can’t remedy the problem of water collection on either slide awning, what is their solution?

14. Missing brown edge panel strips on slides: slide #1 (master)- left, slide #2 (bunkhouse)- top & left, slide #3 (kitchen)- right. Bare edge plywood can be felt and seen. If Jayco feels it’s not seen—not necessary, then why are they present on top of slides 1,3,4?

15. The kitchen island outer edge toe kick below the carbon monoxide/propane leak detector received water damage as a result of a leak under the left kitchen sink rubber seal drain housing. This rubber seal came loose recently. Of the 6 visible drain compression fittings under the sink, 5 were loose according to the wife. Can Jayco replace ONLY the water damaged toe kick material parts? I don’t want a new island, which is crazy if Jayco thinks there’s no other way. Otherwise, give me the part and I’ll fix it myself. I built a handy shelf under the sink, and don’t care to build another one.

16. Repair shower stall floor crack at drain. Water has been spotted at the floor and shower stall around 2 months after delivery. No leaks currently, but I’m worried. If Jayco decides to replace whole shower, please remove my towel bar, tape the screws to it.

17. Replace defective USB outlets next to couch, and in bunkhouse. They have both popped out. Dealership has attempted repair at the couch, but it still doesn’t work. Both need new ones.

18. Inside the Fridge door- lower plastic shelf is cracked and needs a replacement. Question: how do you keep any mildew from forming inside while in your hands? Do you leave doors open?

19. Freezer door has a dent below water dispenser caused by contact with the island countertop when in transit as the fridge rocks on curvy/wavy roads, plus door trying to come open against its locked counter part. Is the fridge not secured to the slide floor well? We put a foam noodle as a wedge between the two during travel. If Jayco says to replace whole fridge, instead of just the freezer door, then leave as is, we’ll live with it.

21. Driver side lower steel I-beam— paint has peeled off and is rusted--look 20” left of sewer hookup. Fix the rust spot.

22. Water pump cycles and isn’t constant when shower or any faucet is opened partially causing fluctuating/pulsating flow when boondocking. It should run steady at any water flow, right? It runs steady and quiet when fresh water tank gets down to about 1/3 - 1/4 tank left.

23. Replace left washer/dryer closet door. Has 3 sections of very rough trim finish from the factory. All trim inserts throughout the coach are smooth except this.

24. Furrion radio in living room has made chirp sounds every 1 second in AUX mode and other modes. We hit it (like the Fonz) and it goes away.

26. Mini fridge doesn’t get as cold as inside fridge. It’s about 10º warmer. Instructions says there’s an adjustment knob. Can’t find it.

27. How do you get the master bedroom tv to play sound thru the ceiling speakers?

28. Upper and lower chrome knobs on main propane door have rusted inside 8 months.

30. Missing, broken, and loose screws on slide #3 (kitchen)- left outside flange, possibly some of the other slides. Haven’t checked the others.

31. The propane leak from the regulator was at an alarming rate, and did not set off the SENSOR ALARM on kitchen island Feb 13. Wife could smell it coming from the stairwell vent. I replaced the regulator with identical model on Feb 14, 2017. Cost $76.27 including pipe sealant and 3 yr warranty on regulator from Camping World. I drove 144 miles r/t in the pickup to get it though, then spent 2.5 hrs putting it in myself. Would like to get reimbursed for my expenses.

33. There’s a bump in the laminate flooring between island and recliners. Staple coming up?

35. Cove mould keeps coming down from ceiling in master bedroom at corner of washer/dryer closet. I’ve tried 2 nails already, and it has come loose again on this last trip.

36. I believe ONE of the ‘three’ lower accent light switches (control panel, bathroom, master bedroom) is installed UPSIDE DOWN as the normal OFF position of all the switches is ’bottom pressed in’. If all 3 switches are at this position, the lower accent light is ON. For comparison, there are two light switches for the entry light (lower hall steps, control panel) that each can turn the entry ceiling lights on or off. They are installed correct.

37. Grey water #1 and/or #2 valve leak. Scenario: After draining grey 1&2 tanks completely, when leveled, we close both valves and cap sewer. Arrive later at another campsite, level, open factory sewer cap and out pours a quart or more of grey water, NOT BLACK WATER. We had warranty work done to grey 1 valve last Nov 2016 at Country Tyme in Georgetown TX to repair a damaged valve caused by factory worker’s 2” screw that fell into the tank during assembly. The Country Tyme technician also noted the cutout circle is still in the tank from assembly.

38. Can Jayco test the powered camera wire for correct 12v voltage, when not hooked in shore power? Scenario: Wireless camera keeps losing signal, has freeze-frames, low frames per second. But, as of 6/18/17, I installed a 35’ antenna extension cable w/10’ antenna extension kit; 45’ total wire length. Before 35’ ext install, the system still had poor and no signal on highways on the first trip June 2016. Then ASA Electronics sent us the WVOSAPANTEXT 10’ antenna extension/relocation kit; it was mounted on driver side rearmost window. There was a substantial improvement. However, symptoms include signal loss for about 5 seconds at times, other times slow frames per second and delays and freeze-frames. Question: Does the voltage come from the tow vehicle or onboard batteries? Plus the audio quality is very poor, can barely hear the wife’s voice behind the trailer when volume set to highest level. Is the microphone clogged or not set right? Our pickup dash has other equipment in addition to the Voyager Monitor we use during travel: Edge CS Tuner, TireMinder wireless TPMS receiver, Good Sam GPS. We cannot find out what frequency the wireless camera transmits. I have notified ASA in an email with no response.

39. Furrion 48” HDTV in living room has issues- HDMI #2 and #3 have a short and fails to connect our Bluray or Apple TV devices from time to time. Wiggling the HDMI wires at the TV shows a spotty connection. No tint control. Reds bleed and are saturated and cannot fine tune to true color and skin tones. Everyone appears to have severe facial sunburn. Rather than dealer replacing with another $920 identical unit, I’d be happy with a 49” LG 4K HDTV from Walmart for $498 that gets the color correct, plus 120 hertz refresh for smooth motion flow. TV now gets mounted to a reticulating arm to allow whole room viewing and is strapped down on rear couch during transit.

41. Today is 4/24/17, I noticed the upper left screw on the command center panel is about to fall out. 4 of the 6 screws that hold it are stripped out. Only right middle and lower are actually holding it.

42. Command Center panel shows it is backlit per pg. 7 in the 2017 Jayco North Point brochure: “Backlit command center for switches” as standard interior equipment. Only the bird emblem lights up blue when Entry light switch is ON, and not any of the switch labels. Is that accurate? With the front door open, the panel labels are lost in the reflection at my eye height. Is there another button that activates the backlit feature?

43. Propane Tank 1 was last filled to weigh 60 lbs. according to my bath scale. It was leaking a little after it was filled. Please check the OPD device for correct working order.

44. Test the converter that it is fully charging my 3 batteries when plugged into shore power. There have been a couple times where the Xantrex inverter was beeping low voltage when we arrived at evening campsite. Is it a low, middle or high end unit?

45. Master closet rods have had their original wood pole sockets broken due to bad bumps in the road. Please replace each side with plastic pole sockets. I’ve only repaired the right upper and lower and have lost the other halves to the plastic ones I used. 2 New longer poles will be necessary.

46. There are multiple areas on the roof where caulking/sealant has deteriorated, perforated, bubbled, separated seam. Check each vent, skylight, ladder, etc. Two such caulk separations are the top rear corners.

47. When using the siphoning hose to add water into the fresh water tank I noticed a flattened hose (siphon hose) behind the command panel, when under vacuum gets flat and slows water flow when adding water to the freshwater tank. It needs to be pex so it won't crimp.

Issues we’ve had already and fixed:
1. Both master closet rods have fallen due to the wooden pole sockets on right side and upper left breaking. The top rod has fallen once again, breaking the left side wooden pole socket. They are simply too weak for weight of clothes. They split and broke due to road stress. I replaced both right side with plastic pole sockets and shims as the pole was short by 1/8”. Upper left was glued and rotated to unbroken section to try again.

2. A shelf in the washer/dryer closet also collapsed. Shelf came apart as was not plywood. Was replaced by dealer. Later broke again and I repaired.

3. Lower shelf in pantry collapsed in transit recently. Both right side plastic shelf supports buckled and gave way, severing the lower plastic support from the upper. They were stapled at the factory and not screwed. I repaired both by adding 8 wood screws all up and down to all 4 supports (32 screws total) so it won’t happen again.

4. The Ground Control 3.0 auto level feature was not leveling the camper front to back on 11/9/16. It was 2” too low at the front landing jacks. I performed a zero point calibration feature I found on the internet, downloaded the pdf (Jayco didn’t provide in owners manual), and all is well again.

5. Latch handle mechanism to water control/storage door- a loose screw inside backed itself out and would not latch. I removed, took apart and re-tightened the screw. This has to happened to all other cargo door latches, and repaired more than once.

6. A 2” screw fell in gray tank #1 at the factory and got lodged at the valve, preventing the valve from closing. Country Tyme RV in Georgetown TX fixed for $494.68. Jayco finally reimbursed after several months. Service Tech also reports that the factory plastic cutout still remains inside the tank, and might cause trouble in the future.

7. Bunkhouse pocket doors have fallen down from track rollers, beginning with bunkside door in October. Only 1 of the 4 screws was holding it. I repaired it. 4 screws holding 26 lbs of nonsense pressboard material- not wood. Both have repeated fallen over time. Have since removed altogether.

8. GFCI has tripped at times during transit. Can’t figure this one out. Has not done it in a long while.

9. All 7 ceiling a/c vents had too much plastic cylinder depth. I cut off 5/8” to allow much better air flow, especially to the vent above the fridge. The 8th vent is in the loft and has not been cut off yet.

10. Replaced propane regulator on Feb 14, 2017. Request compensation of parts.

11. Repaired rear 7’ valance (after falling twice) with 3 additional L brackets for 5 instead of 2. Original 2 are now relocated to aluminum studs.
A couple of answers.....

#36 I believe your lights are correct in that they are on a 4 way switch. If you turn on the accent lights in the bathroom, go to the switch that is upside down and you can turn it off. Now the bathroom switch will appear to be upside down.

#42 On my unit, only the bird is illuminated when the ceiling lights are on. I just did a mod to back light the entire panel by adding a light behind the panel and a switch in an unused slot.

Good luck with the rest of the list, especially the sidewall crack.

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:41 AM   #3

Quote:

First and foremost a structure crack at lower left of the master slide has continuously spread since last August.
The factory does an outstanding job with the slide crack repair, had to have both sides repaired on our 15FLSA.

What is ironic if you look at many other manuf you will see a piece of trim at that corner. Found out other companies pre cut the fiberglass and cover it with trim since it is a common problem. For some reason JAYCO won't do that, they just opt to make the repairs when needed.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 02:54 PM   #4

Thanks Tom on the reply. I will want to do that mod for the illuminated command panel. What kind of bulb did you use? Have you posted the mod yet? For the 4way switch, I kinda figured the rotation thing with another switch, but it'll be interesting what they say. We pick up tomorrow at 11a.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Old 07-20-2017, 03:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
The factory does an outstanding job with the slide crack repair, had to have both sides repaired on our 15FLSA.

What is ironic if you look at many other manuf you will see a piece of trim at that corner. Found out other companies pre cut the fiberglass and cover it with trim since it is a common problem. For some reason JAYCO won't do that, they just opt to make the repairs when needed.
Hi Grumpy, I'm or should I say we're very excited to get there tomorrow morning to pickup the rig. Dave Underwood called me today and said they're finishing up putting the final touches on today. At the campground we were staying in Fort Wayne, our next door neighbor had exactly that, a vertical saw blade cut on his new 2017 fifth wheel master bed slide...after showing my stress crack on ours. I can't remember the brand.

Plus I did see that trim piece covering the factory joint you're talking about on an older fifth wheel while overnighting at the dealer where we bought.
Old 07-20-2017, 03:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Thanks Tom on the reply. I will want to do that mod for the illuminated command panel. What kind of bulb did you use? Have you posted the mod yet? For the 4way switch, I kinda figured the rotation thing with another switch, but it'll be interesting what they say. We pick up tomorrow at 11a.

I used a deck light that I purchased at lowes. Did a write up on it in the Mods to 377 thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-22-2017, 01:23 PM   #7

377 RLBH Warranty Repair- Results

Happy to be home, in our 377 that is. After 24 days with Jayco Service, here are the results below shown in italics, after original issue. It is a long post again.

38 Of the 47 items made the repair claim form. Only two items I'm disappointed with are the outcome of slide #3 and #4 awning toppers. Last night, we had a lot of rain here in Elkhart. Both toppers were sagging all the way down to the slide, full of water. Pools of water was found in the middle on both slide roofs, where the awning touched. I was hoping they would raise the sidewall attachment a couple inches as there is really no slope for such a long 13' slide tube that bows in the middle. Bringing the slides in to remove water, let alone that much water, not only wears the slide out, but certainly stresses the spring mechanism. I can only put a plastic ball in each with a 10' pvc pole to shed water. So that means messing with a 10' pipe and ladder work everywhere we go.

However...I want to applaud and commend their efforts in this long list that there were unlisted appointments/upgrades made:
1) The King Pin box had custom plastic corrugated cover plates with velcro to replace the pealing strips of 2" gaffer tape to keep birds/insects out.

2)Curved corner wall panel at entry was all removed to fix a bowed upper seam bulge above command panel.

3)Xantrex Pro XM 1000 Inverter was found to have an error code, so they replaced with upgraded Pro XM 1800 model and controller. Wow. The new 2018s was reported to have been upgraded to a 1200 watt model. History on about 3 occasions, the DW reported a yellow light and beeping noise from the controller as she's always the first one in upon arrival.

4)A courteous gesture: (see #39 Note* below)

Results:
This repair was 99.9% factory perfect. Wow. Straight on, you cannot tell a repair was made. Just the slightest in reflection is all you can tell. See pics below. They removed the slide, cut out cracked panel, welded in aluminum gussets, glued in new panel with a perfect seam under master slide. Both horizontal edge corner mouldings were re-attached with...longer screws. Factory screws were too short.

Same factory cap, I got on rooftop and inspected the small area of parallel stress cracks and they are as before. Order says sanded and buffed out.

fixed nicely

All Lippert components were evaluated and passed. Was told my new Sailun S637 tires were larger circumference than factory Rainiers. Evidence reveals the gap is still the same.

Installed with zerk fittings pointed to inside for easier access. I honestly did not check the driver side tire gap before we left. I requested all old parts back. Was told some of the factory plastic bushings disintegrated when removed. Of the 14 bushings replaced, I got back 8 and 4 showed total wear through. Also 4 of the 8 shackles were slightly bent.

King Pin box was evaluated and assured it meets factory specs.

They pushed it back up to get it more straight, but it still bows down to the naked eye. Center latch adjusted and doing its job once again.

Slide 4 evaluated and adjusted. Repainted adjusting bolts/rusted washer prints where once was.

Replaced with new awning. Factory assembly issues with folded fabric before attaching to roller vs not folded.

Replaced with new awning. Same reasons above.

Slide 3 meets specs. Apply silicone lubricant every 3 months. My silicone lubricant still did not allow slide to fully retract. Still must take same steps above to fully retract.

Not replaced. Awning topper works as designed. They attempted to tighten some more. I say the wall attachment should be 2" higher to allow drain slope. There really isn't any.

Not replaced. Same as above.

Of the 4 missing strips, only the strip at right of refer got replaced. Location of other 3 prohibit adequate replacement.

I received an 8' toe board to fix myself.

Evaluated to not be a perforated crack, just a factory mold anomaly. Attempt to fix, but no different.

Replaced both with new USB outlets.

Not fixed. Not answered.

Did not get fixed.

Replaced with new shower head.

Shows on repair order as fixed. Not fixed.

Tested all water lines, no leaks found. Anyone's water pump act different than this?

Sanded and stain door.

Added a noise audio isolator. Now there is no radio station reception of any band whatsoever. TV sound thru ceiling speakers cannot be heard A,B, or C channel. Played a DVD and started pressing buttons and got a spit in/out sound, turned out pressing on the bezel at upper right got DVD movie sound. Still no antenna TV sound. A mystery.

Fixed.

Was told this knob is on back side of refer. It is recessed on the back. Must remove two screws on floor when door is open to remove and pull out. I saw the knob at setting 1 of 7. The model I have is BC-46E-NF. Instructions clearly say on pg6 the control knob is located on the top left hand corner of the refrigerator compartment. I was told the service crew adjusted to a colder setting. Instructions say 1 is warmest, 7 is coldest. However, there is no 0 setting to turn off per instructions. It says setting 4 should be appropriate.

It doesn't.

Not replaced. Probably overlooked.

Was given trim to install myself.

Nothing done. Probably no alarm here, but was wondering.

Sensor alarm replaced. Must be replaced every 3 years per Jayco.

No word.

Fixed.

Fixed.

Didn't get tended until pickup. Service put a strip 12"x 1/2" double sided tape behind it. That was a joke. It did not work.

Did not get fixed.

Not attended. A suggestion was made to put a valve at the outlet. I bought a Camco one and installed and taped connection (6 loops) with 2" gaffer tape. It came off on the first black tank empty using a pump truck at one campground. Yuck.

Not looked at.

Replaced with new updated model. Not enough time with it yet to determine color accuracy. Note*-I was pleasantly surprised the service tech removed the wall mount butterfly hardware on back of TV and attached to the new TV, put face down on sofa, strapped exactly as I had left the old TV, immediately signaling the TV didn't get replaced. I did UpstateNYer's mod http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f6...-32834-34.html #338 reticulating arm mount idea, mine on http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f6...32834-110.html. The TV can no longer be retracted down behind fireplace due to the opening and rides strapped face down on the sofa.

Did not get a sticker.

Removed panel and added backing behind. Resecured. The face has bulges on both sides. Should be perfectly flat. Not happy.

Only the bird is illuminated. Follow Magnolia Tom's mod to illuminate. Post #1276. http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f6...32834-128.html

Replaced with new- full tank. 1 year newer date stamp too.

Replaced with new? I assume so as #43 and #44 here were listed on one complaint line with one response.

Replaced with longer rods. New right side open wood sockets, again. We will replace with stainless closed sockets with 3 screw attach.

Several suspect areas were 're-sealed as needed.'

Replaced with hard PEX line.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9135.jpg   IMG_9136.jpg  
Old 07-22-2017, 01:34 PM   #8

Looks like they did an awesome job fixing the crack and the "major" repair items. Glad it all worked out for you. Now go camping! [emoji3]

Old 07-22-2017, 07:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
Looks like they did an awesome job fixing the crack and the "major" repair items. Glad it all worked out for you. Now go camping! [emoji3]

Thanks Tom. Camping, we are doing that...actually at the first official campground (Elkhart Campground) where we towed the 377 out of the dealer parking lot, last year. DW couldn't remember the name, but I did. She made the reservations last year and this week. We turned in...I said...look familiar? Three more nights here.

Oops, one correction on #26. Mini fridge was on setting 7, not 1. My bad. Jayco did well. I read it looking down. So it was on highest setting. I just want my beer to be cold!
Old 07-22-2017, 08:23 PM   #10

Quote:
Thanks Tom. Camping, we are doing that...actually at the first official campground (Elkhart Campground) where we towed the 377 out of the dealer parking lot, last year. DW couldn't remember the name, but I did. She made the reservations last year and this week. We turned in...I said...look familiar? Three more nights here.

Oops, one correction on #26. Mini fridge was on setting 7, not 1. My bad. Jayco did well. I read it looking down. So it was on highest setting. I just want my beer to be cold!

Cold beer is not too much to ask! [emoji23]

Enjoy your outing.

Old 07-23-2017, 07:21 AM   #11

Hey Dusky, I was reading trailer life this morning and came across this product. It's says that it's for use with the awning, but I don't see why someone couldn't use it with the slide topper. Don't know how difficult it would be to take on/off? But I thought I'd throw it out there as an idea for you pooling.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1717.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	33326
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1718.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	33327

Old 07-23-2017, 07:47 PM   #12

Correction/Addendum:

Quote:
Happy to be home, in our 377 that is. After 24 days with Jayco Service, here are the results below shown in italics, after original issue. It is a long post again.

Results:
Tested all water lines, no leaks found. Anyone's water pump act different than this?

Not attended. A suggestion was made to put a valve at the outlet. I bought a Camco one and installed and taped connection (6 loops) with 2" gaffer tape. It came off on the first black tank empty using a pump truck at one campground. Yuck.

Replaced with new updated model. Not enough time with it yet to determine color accuracy. Note*-I was pleasantly surprised the service tech removed the wall mount butterfly hardware on back of TV and attached to the new TV, put face down on sofa, strapped exactly as I had left the old TV, immediately signaling the TV didn't get replaced. I did UpstateNYer's mod http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f6...-32834-34.html #338 reticulating arm mount idea, mine on http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f6...32834-110.html. The TV can no longer be retracted down behind fireplace due to the opening and rides strapped face down on the sofa.

Replaced with hard PEX line.
Correction/Addendum:
#37-I stand corrected. My sincere apologies to Jayco Service. Although #37 was not listed on the official Repair Claim Form for some reason, today I got under the rig to do some inspection of the shackles, wiping off excess fresh grease and noticed some neat patch work on the plastic corrugated underbelly and replacement of one access panel 'door' back to flush seamless. They obviously did inspect the grey tank valves for leakage, while found none, they cleaned the tank level sensors in both tanks. A very nice gesture, but we all know over time, inaccuracies will return. The DW remembered that part of the conversation walk thru. So add this to no. 5 above to the unlisted appointments/upgrades.

#39- Low budget review of the new 48" Furrion HDTV: the channel scan was notably faster. After watching a bluray movie last night and a bit of TV today, I can see an improved difference regarding the red bleed color issue the old unit displayed. I'll continue to keep watch on this issue, from city to city. One interesting note, of the 21 channels received here in Elkhart, the unit would not respond to hide one Spanish channel(69.2). However the bedroom Sansui and bunkhouse Furrion TVs were both able. FYI-A digital optical audio port was added, and the orange digital RCA audio port was removed. It has an all new remote with many more buttons, 4 alternate buttons to control a fireplace...not our Spectrafire, but Furrion models only.

#22/#47- Combination issue. I inspected the new PEX siphon line behind the water station. Very nice clean installation. I filled the freshwater tank full, turned the knobs for Dry Camping, red pump switch set to ON, went back in to open up the shower faucet, and to my surprise, there was no detectable water pump sound or vibration behind shower stall...at any flow rate. Plus, no fluctuating/pulsating flow. It seemed just like city water setting, with the city water hose still connected and pressurized. Turned off shower, turned the kitchen sink on 1/4 flow, went back out and examined the water pump...wasn't operating at all. Hmmm? Disconnected city water, and the water pumped turned on and cycled ON/OFF every 2-3 seconds. Aha. Then I saw a drop of water dripping down from the small clear filter every 10 seconds or about 3 cycles. Tightened it a little, still dripping.

We'll be traveling back thru Middlebury Tuesday morning and hopefully Jayco can fit us in to remedy this and a few leftover items what they can on short notice.
Old 07-23-2017, 07:51 PM   #13

Hi Bookemdanno,
Sorry I didn't see your post until just now after I been working on another update. Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention. I have a subscription to Trailer Life and read it every so often. What issue/pg? I have put on my phone reminder to keep thinking of an 'easy' solution for the slide topper sag situation.
Old 07-23-2017, 07:57 PM   #14

Quote:
Hi Bookemdanno,
Sorry I didn't see your post until just now after I been working on another update. Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention. I have a subscription to Trailer Life and read it every so often. What issue/pg? I have put on my phone reminder to keep thinking of an 'easy' solution for the slide topper sag situation.
It's this months magazine (August 2017), Page 61. I just want you to know that I actually went and fished it out of the recycle bin for you...you owe me a beer!
Old 07-23-2017, 07:59 PM   #15

Lol, mine is on my iPad mini. I have a Samuel Adams here, how I can I fax it to you! Thanks again!
Old 07-23-2017, 08:01 PM   #16

Quote:
Lol, mine is on my iPad mini. I have a Samuel Adams here, how I can I fax it to you! Thanks again!
We'll have a beer on your next trip thru N. TX!
Old 07-23-2017, 08:02 PM   #17

Hey Bookemdanno,
I just searched the forum and found this thread about slide topper pooling:
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f6...ins-38201.html

The last post (last year) shows a nifty solution. But its discontinued. Sigh.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:03 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
We'll have a beer on your next trip thru N. TX!
I'll look forward to that!
Old 07-26-2017, 04:03 PM   #19

Quick update note. As we were just 20 miles away from camping in Elkhart, we arranged with Jayco Service to bring the rig back on Tuesday (yesterday) on our way back to Ft Wayne, to tie up a few loose ends from the great 47 list, when picked up last Friday. Inside one hour, 4 guys including the supervisor tackled them all on the spot. Cudos to Jayco Service Center technicians, as a while u wait hi-speed pit crew! One of the techs on hand looking at the radio asked me about what I thought of the stress crack repair to the master slide? An awesome job, I told him! It was he who did most of the work, along with another technician. I'm just amazed. My hat's off to you, Opey...you're so very talented! If Jayco reads this, give this man a raise!

#24) Radio replacement woe: No AM/FM/WB reception, and no antenna TV sound in ceiling speakers-
the outside radio antenna was not connected. The Audio Noise Suppressor that was installed to cure a faint bird chirp heard in the orig. radio was defective, and so removed. All is well once again!

#47- new PEX siphon hose replace woe. Water dripping at the water pump clear filter in dry camp mode.
replaced with new.

#18 Fridge lower plastic door shelf is cracked.
On order, will be mailed

#21 Rust on driver side lower steel I-beam— paint has peeled off and is rusted-- look 20” left of sewer hookup. Showed completed on repair form.
Fixed.

#28 Propane chrome door knobs are oxidized.
On order, will be mailed

#32 Hall windows edges scrape each other when opening both and closing.
No adjustment could be made.

#40 Need another factory warning decal above shore power receptacle.
Handed to me.

Great bunch of people there, if you ever get the chance to have any or special attention items repaired by the 'Author' of your rig...I highly recommend them. Free coffee in the waiting room!
Old 07-26-2017, 04:10 PM   #20

Dskyward

That's awesome! Glad they fixed you up. Sounds like you got the VIP treatment [emoji3]