Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-19-2021, 01:33 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spower View Post
Again, I love this post!!!

One more question.....how hard is it to design a part (Not sold anywhere)?

I am a full timer and I am always saying, if only I had something for this or that. I can see myself designing a lot of things. I am just concerned about how hard that would be.

Thanks guys!!

It just depends on how comfortable you are with computers and learning something new. I had used a simple 2D cad for years (Deltacad) and making the jump to 3D took some time but there are tons of Youtube videos to step you through problems. I will still just draw something up in 2D cad and then import it in to Fusion 360 to extrude and assemble.

Rustynuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 03:52 PM   #102

Tinkercad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightmoon View Post
My daughter uses Tinkercad to design items. I haven't tried it. But, she claims that it is easy.

https://www.tinkercad.com/

Tinkercad is the easiest to learn, basically drag / drop/ resize and group (connect) objects. It may not do it all, (no threaded parts for example) but it will keep you designing for a looong time. Sign up, it's free.
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 12:28 PM   #103

Does anyone want to guess what I got for Christmas?
Old 12-25-2021, 12:40 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigav View Post
Does anyone want to guess what I got for Christmas?
Lincoln Log set? If you would have gotten a 3D printer, you could just print them

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:34245

Old 12-25-2021, 12:52 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
Lincoln Log set? If you would have gotten a 3D printer, you could just print them

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:34245
LOL, now I need to learn how to use it, I think I will print a few simple small items first then your A/C mod print out once I get a bit more comfortable. I will need to measure my A/C as I think it is slightly different (I believe mine is the Mach 15 or simply Mach and the 15k is the BTU output). Thanks for that, it appears I can use that and keep my drop vent working.

I also plan to make the adapter you made for your water hose but modify it (if needed) to use for my electric line as it goes through a round hole on mine similar to what you show for the water hose.

Merry Christmas ~CA
Old 12-25-2021, 01:39 PM   #106

Quote:
LOL, now I need to learn how to use it, I think I will print a few simple small items first then your A/C mod print out once I get a bit more comfortable. I will need to measure my A/C as I think it is slightly different (I believe mine is the Mach 15 or simply Mach and the 15k is the BTU output). Thanks for that, it appears I can use that and keep my drop vent working.

I also plan to make the adapter you made for your water hose but modify it (if needed) to use for my electric line as it goes through a round hole on mine similar to what you show for the water hose.

Merry Christmas ~CA
My AC was also a Mach 15 so it should work. The outlet plugs work great and seal the opening off good. Not sure which one you got but mine came with a spool of filament and a usb stick with test files on it and I was up and printing on about 15 minutes.

Merry Christmas and have fun!

Old 12-25-2021, 02:06 PM   #107

Our daughter's significant other teaches at the local Community college. He teaches Cad, and all kinds of software used to run machinery as well as 3D printing. He made me these 223 caliber magazine loaders. Very neat.
Attached Thumbnails
20211225_144247[1].jpg   20211225_144306[1].jpg   20211225_144317[1].jpg  
Old 12-25-2021, 02:46 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
Our daughter's significant other teaches at the local Community college. He teaches Cad, and all kinds of software used to run machinery as well as 3D printing. He made me these 223 caliber magazine loaders. Very neat.
Nice gift If anybody is interested in these, here are the files on Thingiverse. I made some myself

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3234681

Old 12-25-2021, 04:59 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
Nice gift If anybody is interested in these, here are the files on Thingiverse. I made some myself

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3234681
Ahh!! I now have his trick, will impress him with my 3D printing knowledge, lol. Thanks. I may have to learn this before I get too old!!
Old 12-25-2021, 07:51 PM   #110

Quote:

That's a good idea. After you do the obligatory Benchy, I'd recommend a calibration X/Y/Z cube and a Temperature tower.

The AC parts are big, so you'll want to make sure you've got the bed-leveling thing down.

I'll bet we have the same AC unit, and Rusty's fit fine - it was just that when the installed the AC, they didn't line up things properly. A little time with a dremel and they fit great!!
Old 01-19-2022, 09:39 PM   #111

Just finished a Lithium battery build and 3D printed several items for it. Designed some mounting blocks for the BMS and some terminal covers with thumb screws and again used the 4/0 cable clamps I designed. Still amazes me that I can print something with threads and it works.
Attached Thumbnails
B00E97A4-A447-482C-9F68-F434A0CBFD5F.jpg   8CB6AB03-21F6-4203-947B-FC035A26CAE4.jpg   66823EC2-5E5D-4AC6-BA6B-5A848543B910.jpg   D880A534-D1C9-416D-929F-84FA6BC12D4E.jpg  

Old 01-19-2022, 10:11 PM   #112
Site Team

You have a talent to do some amazing work Brian. Very nice stuff!

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 08:07 AM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
You have a talent to do some amazing work Brian. Very nice stuff!
X2

This forum is bad for my wallet. I keep seeing things I need to buy.

Regards,

John
2019 Chevrolet Silverado
2017 Grand Design 2150RB (Traded in)
2016 GMC Canyon (Traded in)
JohnK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 09:07 PM   #114

For those wanting to try a 3D printer but are not ready to buy look into your local library. Many now days have printers for use. Also see if there are any makerspaces in your area. They usually have them and can help you on how to use them. That is how I learned.
campingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 10:36 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by campingva View Post
For those wanting to try a 3D printer but are not ready to buy look into your local library. Many now days have printers for use. Also see if there are any makerspaces in your area. They usually have them and can help you on how to use them. That is how I learned.

That is an excellent suggestion. I would caution newbies that my biggest surprise was finding out just how long larger prints take to print. I think I ambitiously picked something, sliced it and saw "1 day, 14 hours..."

I suggest starting small if you use the library's printer.
Old 02-11-2022, 05:00 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
That's a good idea. After you do the obligatory Benchy, I'd recommend a calibration X/Y/Z cube and a Temperature tower.

The AC parts are big, so you'll want to make sure you've got the bed-leveling thing down.

I'll bet we have the same AC unit, and Rusty's fit fine - it was just that when the installed the AC, they didn't line up things properly. A little time with a dremel and they fit great!!
Do you remember the recent thread about insulation, and I found that mine has "R-15 max roof, R-9 max floor, R-7 max walls" and you shared for yours a similar statement but with "R-24 max roof, R-9 max floor, R-5 max walls"?

Anyway, I determined that mine has about an inch thinner ceiling than yours (which accounts for the R-15 to R-24) and while my A/C may be the same as newer models (it appears to be), the curved A/C pieces are about an inch too deep (tall) to fit in mine, they actually fit but intrude upon and into the area where the air ducts are.

I printed out the A/C mod pieces prior to measuring, if someone wants to trade me some filament for these, then feel free to PM me. ~CA
Old 02-11-2022, 06:01 PM   #117

I do recall seeing the difference between our two models and thinking "they robbed Peter to pay Paul."
Old 02-11-2022, 07:50 PM   #118

Fortunately and as I learn more and more about 3D printing, it is easy to reduce how tall the A/C fillers are in Ultimate Cura so I will be able to get a perfect fit for mine using the same files. I just need to measure how many millimeters tall mine is between the ducts and the top of the A/C box and keep all the other dimensions the same which appears easy enough to do. I think the wedge piece will still work just fine even with it being an inch closer to the A/C's fan outlet, if not I will shrink it an inch and print a new one. ~CA
Old 03-07-2022, 10:47 PM   #119

Replacement USB chargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC_AZ View Post
Has anyone 3D printed up a mount/holder for a 12v high speed USB charger? I have been looking for one to replace the junk that came in the trailer. Heck its a 2022 trailer but still only 2A USB ports (at best)... Looking at all different sites and no one has any high speed 12v ports, I have been totally amazed!

I found these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087RHWTJW...ing=UTF8&psc=1

I was thinking of a printed mount to hold them. Dont have a printer though... might be a good reason to buy one!

Has anyone else done anything like this already?
May not be as much fun as 3D printing, but just replaced the wall USB charger in my 166fbs with one of these. Much faster charging, and install took about 5 minutes.

12V*USB*Outlet,GUBCUB*2*Pack Dual*Car*Charger*Socket Power*Outlet with Cap,Dual*Port*12V24V*Quick Car Charger Female*for*Cars*Bus*RV Boat Automotive Marine ATV Truck Golf Cart*,Punch-free(3.1A&4.8A) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B099MZXFT2/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_H0FYFPB3EHV1N4J5THMM
Sleighman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 07:33 AM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC_AZ View Post
Has anyone 3D printed up a mount/holder for a 12v high speed USB charger? I have been looking for one to replace the junk that came in the trailer. Heck its a 2022 trailer but still only 2A USB ports (at best)... Looking at all different sites and no one has any high speed 12v ports, I have been totally amazed!

I found these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087RHWTJW...ing=UTF8&psc=1

I was thinking of a printed mount to hold them. Dont have a printer though... might be a good reason to buy one!

Has anyone else done anything like this already?
Those look nice for the 12v stuff. I also replaced many of the AC outlets in my old TT to ones with QC3.0 usb ports included as well. Doesn't help while traveling down the road but nice to not need wall warts to charge devices once parked.

I've been eyeing up 3d Printers for ages but constantly plagued with analysis paralysis on what unit to buy. I'll probably end up with one of the Creality units
Suprnova74 is offline   Reply With Quote