Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-22-2022, 12:38 PM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprnova74 View Post
I've been eyeing up 3d Printers for ages but constantly plagued with analysis paralysis on what unit to buy. I'll probably end up with one of the Creality units

I have an Ender3 by Creality, it's been pretty decent. Guessing 8 + spools of filament ran thru it. No major problems, just normal maintenance stuff. Nozzle changes, bed surface replacement, usually from me cutting it removing stuck parts, and a bowden tube replacement. The wires did break off of the heated bed from all the flexing, simple re-solder and good to go.
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 12:46 PM   #122

I like my Ender 3, mine is just the standard printer, not the pro version but so far I have not had any issues with it. That is not any issues above and beyond just learning how to use it and how to adjust the bed level and height (which if it isn't level or adjusted just right the print will not stick).

Also, I purchased and haven't used yet some TPU filament so I can make some rubber gaskets (seals) for a few different things. I also purchased the Glass Bed but I haven't had any issues with the stock bed that mine came with, however I will replace the stock bed whenever needed. ~CA
Old 04-25-2022, 12:11 AM   #123

Latest creations are for adding Starlink for our Seneca. Since we don’t have a ladder, I am making a mount system that the pole will set on the ground with a 3D printed foot and using Quickfist rubber clamps with clamp the pole to the cab mirror mount frame. I am using aluminum push pin poles used for concrete finishing tools, each pole 6’ long and the foot and top 3D printed adapter that attaches to the to the pole with the push pins and the Starlink post locks into the adapter. Everything is printed in ASA which is similar to ABS and great for outdoor use.
Attached Thumbnails
78FFE062-8868-4F09-B0FB-45B0B7A4D1D8.jpg   C21CAD9A-F906-4689-92D3-4F2E643E8177.jpg   646D5E1B-C9B0-431D-94A6-4CAEAAA991DB.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 06:24 AM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
Latest creations are for adding Starlink for our Seneca.
Nice! I'm waiting for starlink to open up in our 'cell' and for roaming to be enabled before I can make the plunge. Do you happen to know if you need to keep service activated on it for a year etc, or is it month to month?
JayG7800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 11:05 AM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG7800 View Post
Nice! I'm waiting for starlink to open up in our 'cell' and for roaming to be enabled before I can make the plunge. Do you happen to know if you need to keep service activated on it for a year etc, or is it month to month?

I was not in an open cell and I got mine in 5 days you just gotta know the tricks. As far as roaming, its active and working and RVer's have had excellent results traveling 1000's of miles from their service address. At this time, service is on all the time with no ability to turn it off but they say that is coming. We got it for home but I like the ability to travel with it. Currently I am getting 100-200mbps download speed.

If you are on Facebook, there is a group called Starlink for RVer's and other mobile ueser, that has all the tip and tricks for getting a Starlink before your cell opens.

Old 05-06-2022, 11:11 AM   #126

Well it took an entire year of "research" or more so procrastination down a rabbit hole but I did finally pull the trigger on an Ender 3 Pro!. I am totally consumed by it at the moment. I have built it and printed all the basic starter pieces including upgrades and mods. Now I am trying to learn Tinkercad as I have yet to design my own piece! Thanks for all the guidance even if it was a year ago! Very intrigued by this whole process!!

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 11:12 AM   #127

I just ordered a Creality Ender 3 S1: Direct Drive. I'm hoping to 3d print a replacement storage nook to better hold my tow control as well as adding a mount for my Garmin. It's currently suctioned to my rear view mirror as technically attaching anything to the front windshield could be a ticket for obstruction of view in many states.

Does anyone know if there are 3d files for the existing dash components for the E-450? If not, has anyone had any luck with using a 3d imaging phone-based app to get a rough template made? I'm not too concerned if there's imperfections, but it'd help with getting the base measurements down at least without having to break out the calipers.
Suprnova74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 12:24 PM   #128

Quote:
Does anyone know if there are 3d files for the existing dash components for the E-450? If not, has anyone had any luck with using a 3d imaging phone-based app to get a rough template made? I'm not too concerned if there's imperfections, but it'd help with getting the base measurements down at least without having to break out the calipers.

I think, I'm no expert, but I think you'll be at the mercy of anothers interests. I'm not sure how active the "E450 Supplemental Parts" groups on the 3D printing forums will be.

I have found a lot of files on Thingiverse, that I used as starting points. Print 'em fast and low quality then take them out the the RV and see what needs to change. I did this with my Dashcam bracket: downloaded something that looked close then made a half dozen alterations until it fit the way I wanted it to fit.

I've done "3d part from an image" once and found it quite satisfactory.

What's held me back is that my CAD skills are non-existent. I'm willing to put the time into something like Tinkercad, but to make a shape more complex that might be needed for an E-450 dashboard part, I think I need to learn Autocad or similar. I'm not willing to invest that time.
Old 05-06-2022, 04:38 PM   #129

Actually a LOT can be done with Tinkercad. Kinda like CAD for dummies, that's why I use it! If you find a file that's even close to what you want it can be uploaded to Tinkercad and modified. One thing Tinkercad lacks is the ability to design threaded parts, but I have successfully uploaded files with threaded parts and used the threads in designs. Still amazes me that I can pretty much make any plastic part I need... and many I don't!

So far for the 5er with Tinkercad I designed a remote caddy, (TV, Fireplace, Stereo, Amazon Firestick), alarm clock shelf that hangs from bedroom cabinet opening, Fridge door holder / stop, Interior fridge fan mount, exterior fridge fan mount, case for battery monitor, Q tip dispenser, Fuse cover for 200A inverter fuse.
TS3 Hitch
Old 05-06-2022, 05:39 PM   #130

I use mostly Solidworks but I’ve spent a fair amount of time drawing in Fusion 360 for the purpose of machining or printing parts. You can download Fusion for free as long as it’s used for personal or education purposes. Find some online tutorials and patiently go thru them. I think you will find it pretty easy and not as intimidating once you learn the commands and how to use them. Obviously having an eye for design and/or mechanical aptitude helps to create usable parts that not only work, but look good as well.
J05H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 09:19 AM   #131

So has anybody seen this? Wish you could buy it but you can't. He tells you everything you need to build it yourself. Positron V3

Does anybody know of anything out there comparable to the Positron V3 that won't break the bank? I am a beginner and RV full timer so I want something small/portable. I have a list of things I want to make, all small items.

Anybody have the Ender 2? Comments?

My Smoker Adventure:
I bought a really cool small smoker, if interested PM me.
Spower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 11:31 AM   #132

I have an Ender 3 V2. This lil' thing looks fascinating!!! But you can't buy it outright, (yet). You'll have to source and mill all of the parts, print the PCB, etc.

If I was fulltiming, this little guy looks like it would fill the bill. Build volume is a bit smaller than my Ender 3, but not enough to bother me.

I'll bet it's not too long before some enterprising group starts offering parts / kits for sale.

The smaller / portable printers I've seen will come with *something* you'll wish you had. Like a heated bed for example. My son bought the Monoprice lil' printer several years ago and it's been disappointing.

As for price, I paid $199 for my Ender 3 V2.
Old 05-24-2022, 02:08 PM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
I think, I'm no expert, but I think you'll be at the mercy of anothers interests. I'm not sure how active the "E450 Supplemental Parts" groups on the 3D printing forums will be.

I have found a lot of files on Thingiverse, that I used as starting points. Print 'em fast and low quality then take them out the the RV and see what needs to change. I did this with my Dashcam bracket: downloaded something that looked close then made a half dozen alterations until it fit the way I wanted it to fit.
I'm still tweaking it, but here's the frame for it.
Click image for larger version

Name:	e450-coinholder.png
Views:	11
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	81467

The "pressure" clips are weak due to the way the layers are placed when printed "face down". I did make them thicker and it did take a bit more effort before they broke, but they tend to snap versus bend like traditional clips right now. I tried printing it at a 45 degree or so but my plate adhesion gave out

I may have to print it vertically, but that can cause other issues i think plus i still have to add the nook for the Prodigy P2 and the ball mount for the Garmin. I think the clips will hold for one install, but multiple removals will probably break the first time used. maybe if I glue it with something to adhere the layers better. This was several versions back where the clips were a bit thinner/smaller. I re-measured the clips from the original and adjusted it since then. I'll upload it to thingiverse once it's better.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220524_160026.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	81468
Suprnova74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 06:49 AM   #134

Has anyone made a dry box for their filament where it feeds directly to the printer from it? I was thinking of something like this:
https://www.instructables.com/3D-Pri...ament-Dry-Box/

with the teflon tubes etc. I'm not sure if the whole teflon tube thing will work well with the filament run-out sensor and how the filament feeds into the extruder for my printer (Ender 3 S1). It doesn't currently lend itself to airtight connections. I guess I'll have to start modding the printer to accommodate. It will still make it interesting as far as switching filament types/colors.
Old 09-25-2022, 12:25 PM   #135

One of the latest printing projects. Nice to get the most use out of an odd sized drawer.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1045.jpg  

Old 09-27-2022, 12:07 PM   #136

Quote:
Has anyone made a dry box for their filament where it feeds directly to the printer from it? I was thinking of something like this:
https://www.instructables.com/3D-Pri...ament-Dry-Box/

with the teflon tubes etc. I'm not sure if the whole teflon tube thing will work well with the filament run-out sensor and how the filament feeds into the extruder for my printer (Ender 3 S1). It doesn't currently lend itself to airtight connections. I guess I'll have to start modding the printer to accommodate. It will still make it interesting as far as switching filament types/colors.
I bought a Sunlu dryer. It has a hole to feed the filament to the printer and various setting for drying. I had a roll of PETG that would NOT print well until I dried it. I would imagine you could use it to "recharge" the silica packs, too.
FireguyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 03:09 PM   #137

Looks good. I guess it’s my turn to share. I recently finished the dog kennel in my Redhawk. We have two bloodhounds and we figured having kennels and more countertop would be more beneficial than the couch, and we were right. Although it’s not completely 3D printed, all the vents, corner trim pieces and name badges are.
Attached Thumbnails
9E7A5B12-B726-41DC-92CD-C6C8C4392894.jpg   C1765782-8AD6-41B9-A00B-86300A32EE35.jpeg  
J05H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 05:12 AM   #138

Doing some browsing and came across a group on Thingiverse for RV related 3d printed things-
https://www.thingiverse.com/groups/recreationalvehicles
TS3 Hitch
Old 08-02-2023, 08:30 AM   #139

Eagle "nightlight" cover

I like the idea of the blue night light in the bathroom, especially after consuming adult diuretics. HOWEVER... It doesn't need to be bright enough to land aircraft!

So I designed a cover that partially blocks the light and another that diffuses the light, fired up the 3D printer, and made these little beauties.

Sorry for the sideways pics; not sure how to turn them. They are the correct way on the computer. Turn your head to the left

I put the files up on Thingiverse:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6152256
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0012.jpg   IMG_0013.jpg   IMG_0006.jpg   IMG_0004.jpg   IMG_0005.jpg  

FireguyEd is offline   Reply With Quote