Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-15-2016, 06:25 AM   #1
Member
 
Maestro402's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Versailles
Posts: 89
AC Work

So I think i have optimized as much as I can at this point with regard to my Air Conditioner. Here is what I've done.

1. Removed shroud on roof, used reflectix tape to seal seams, wrapped cooling box in reflectix.
2. filled gaps at end of ducts. Seems they had only used some reflectix/metal tape at end of duct and in a couple spots that was torn. I used good stuff gap filler and resolved that. Waited for it to dry and then trimmed up.
3. Put tape on small holes in middle of each duct vent where hole was drilled.
4. Removed inside roof unit and patched holes found (looks like finger holes) in tape. Sealed up divider between cool air and air return. Then i used closed foam tape/seal to really create a good seal when putting things back together.
5. In back of coach I used reflectix and created window shades/covers for all windows in back of coach. I just measured, cut and used velcro so we can take down and roll up when not wanted/needed.
6. Lastly I got rid of slider themostat and ordered a digital coleman mach so I could see better what the inside temp is and have a smaller range of deviation.

Can anyone think of anything else that I can do myself to help get the most out of my unit?
__________________

__________________
Maestro
--------------------------------------
"Life is better in my RV"
Maestro402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 06:30 AM   #2
Site Team
 
norty1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 11,738
Sounds like you have maximized everything.

My other suggestion:

1.Try and find spots in summer with afternoon shade.

2. Make sure you use a insulation pillow on roof vents when unused.

3. Make sure all outside hatches are latched on both sides during high heat or cold. ( many rigs circulate cabin air thru the storage compartment).
__________________

__________________
Moderator
2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 06:35 AM   #3
Member
 
Maestro402's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Versailles
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Sounds like you have maximized everything.

My other suggestion:

1.Try and find spots in summer with afternoon shade.

2. Make sure you use a insulation pillow on roof vents when unused.

3. Make sure all outside hatches are latched on both sides during high heat or cold. ( many rigs circulate cabin air thru the storage compartment).
Thanks Norty. You reminded me of a couple I missed:
1. I have the insulation pillows for bathroom vent and bedroom skylight. I need to get something for shower skylight. The angle of the skylight doesn't allow the pillow to just sit up in there. May use reflectix and velcro for that too. Thoughts?

Also, I have under bed storage which goes down to big storage bin. I insulated underside of bed and all the way to door.

I do like thought of the rest of the hatches. didn't check that.

Thx.
__________________
Maestro
--------------------------------------
"Life is better in my RV"
Maestro402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 06:46 AM   #4
Site Team
 
norty1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 11,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro402 View Post
Thanks Norty. You reminded me of a couple I missed:
1. I have the insulation pillows for bathroom vent and bedroom skylight. I need to get something for shower skylight. The angle of the skylight doesn't allow the pillow to just sit up in there. May use reflectix and velcro for that too. Thoughts?

Also, I have under bed storage which goes down to big storage bin. I insulated underside of bed and all the way to door.

I do like thought of the rest of the hatches. didn't check that.

Thx.
Yes, I bought the reflectix and know I'll have some left over for other things. Maybe even for a sun guard on a sun facing window.

I see you have a Cl C so the hatch may not be a big factor.
__________________
Moderator
2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 06:53 AM   #5
Member
 
Maestro402's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Versailles
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Yes, I bought the reflectix and know I'll have some left over for other things. Maybe even for a sun guard on a sun facing window.

I see you have a Cl C so the hatch may not be a big factor.
I think you are right but I'll check. Thanks for the responses. Much appreciated. It has been great getting to know my RV while studying the ac. :-)

I'm not delusional about the abilities of the AC unit. If it's 100 out i don't expect it to be 68 in unit. However, just want to make it as efficient as possible.
__________________
Maestro
--------------------------------------
"Life is better in my RV"
Maestro402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.