Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Jayco Mods
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2018, 09:06 PM   #1
dee

Another Progressive EMS install ems-hw50c

This is short and sweet, but thought i would share as I hadn't seen the install quite like mine, but might have missed it. Just as the title says, i got around to getting an EMS for the summer trips. I went with the HW version on my 50A 28BHE. I picked up 4ft of 6/3 and went to install. I didn't have much way of getting to the connect and the inlet underneath the rear bunk, so went to the power panel. Pulled it out to reveal the rats nest. Anyway, i disconnected the wires coming into the converter and put them on the input side of the EMS, then put my 4ft cable on the output, then back to the converter. Seemed simple, but that cable was a bit to handle. I left the 4ft there as it made a nice radius in the area behind the power panel. Mounted the remote display just above the panel. Everything worked as it should in testing, so good to go! Added a picture of the display.
Attached Thumbnails
file2.jpg  
Old 04-09-2018, 09:13 PM   #2

Nice job!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee View Post
This is short and sweet, but thought i would share as I hadn't seen the install quite like mine, but might have missed it. Just as the title says, i got around to getting an EMS for the summer trips. I went with the HW version on my 50A 28BHE. I picked up 4ft of 6/3 and went to install. I didn't have much way of getting to the connect and the inlet underneath the rear bunk, so went to the power panel. Pulled it out to reveal the rats nest. Anyway, i disconnected the wires coming into the converter and put them on the input side of the EMS, then put my 4ft cable on the output, then back to the converter. Seemed simple, but that cable was a bit to handle. I left the 4ft there as it made a nice radius in the area behind the power panel. Mounted the remote display just above the panel. Everything worked as it should in testing, so good to go! Added a picture of the display.

I couldn’t believe the “nest” when I did mine and your right that cable in a tight quarter is no joke! Great job
Origjcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 06:38 AM   #4

Quote:
Do you have any pics of the EMS installed? Going to do this next weekend and was just wondering what I'm in for when I get in there.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:25 AM   #5

Looks good.
I may get to mine tomorrow.
Ordered some Marine cable to hopefully be easier to handle in the small area.

Pulled the panel the other day and you are right it is a mess in there and not a lot of room to work.
Old 08-20-2018, 10:46 PM   #6
dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhan View Post
Do you have any pics of the EMS installed? Going to do this next weekend and was just wondering what I'm in for when I get in there.
I did until my phone gave up the ghost. I think I recall someone else with pictures on here. You may have to look.
Old 08-22-2018, 08:40 AM   #7

Quote:
I did until my phone gave up the ghost. I think I recall someone else with pictures on here. You may have to look.
Okay, thanks. I plan on doing this on Friday, so I'll get in there and see how it looks. Was the 4' 6/3 cabling enough or too much? Going to pick that up today after work so I have everything I need.
Old 08-22-2018, 08:56 AM   #8
dee

4ft is plenty. You can use less and take a more direct shot at it, but the longer wire gives you some flexibility and doesn't hurt anything. You can always trim it shorter once you get in there. It is pretty open behind there minus the rats nest.
Old 08-27-2018, 02:41 PM   #9

Quote:
Here are a couple from my install..the #6 wire is a beast in the confined area but it is well worth the bit of trouble.
Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
20180729_094934.jpg   20180729_094943.jpg  
Watsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 06:18 PM   #10

I got mine installed this past weekend. Thought I had some better pics, sorry.
Attached Thumbnails
20180824_080627.jpg   20180824_080622.jpg  
PhillyPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 07:52 PM   #11

Would SOOW 6/3 work better?

2021 Coachmen Freelander 29KB
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
NSA Ready Brute Elite II tow bar
Springhook is offline   Reply With Quote