Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-02-2019, 11:40 PM   #21

For anyone who might be interested, I completed this modification on my 2008 EXP 213. I feel it was a success and am pleased with the results.

I had been looking for lift for my trailer for quite some time. And when I came across this I just could not resist.

I was able to get a buddy of mine who works at a large production fabrication shop to make me a set of the brackets Sicario posted. I was able to send them and use the dxf file. My buddy said he would try to use scrap from another project. I had to pay for time on the machine and my buddy’s normal hourly rate. In the end I paid 140$

The surface of the brackets were not finished in anyway, so I wire brushed and painted them with krylon anti rust automotive black spray paint I got from O Riley’s.

I have a paved side yard that is specific for trailer parking so I just did the project right there. This did cause some pain because I only have about 2 maybe 3 feet on each side of the trailer. This is because the trailer is parked in between my house and the block wall that marks my property.

I started by lifting the trailer with my bottle jack. I choose the spot directly near a cross member lifting it enough to slide a jack stand under and get the tire off. I used 2 jack stands one on either side of the wheels. I also used my normal leveling scissor jacks on each corner just for stability.

After getting the wheels off I started cracking off the existing bolts. I used a 24 inch breaker bar with a 19 mm socket and some variety of extensions. I also used a normal 3/4 socket for the back side bolts. I found the bolt behind the (knuckle??) the hardest and required either a short socket or a crescent wrench.

Once all but a single one the bolts were removed, I put my jack under the axle close to the frame and lifted slightly and removed the last bolt. Then I lowered the jack and with some assistance the axle dropped. I added the bracket and added the top bolts first. Then added the bottom bolts. Once they were all sung I attempted the drilling.

One of the sides can be drilled from the front. This worked well for 2 of 4 brackets. However the other 2 had alignment issues.

The other hole needed to drill is more difficult, again because of the (knuckle?? I really am guessing). Since the “thingy” is in the way it has to be drilled from the under side of the trailer. Only a pain because of limited space and strength to accurately drill the holes. I also had alignment issues this direction.

After completing the drilling I wiggled and re adjusted the brackets until the bolts all fit nice. I then tightened each bolt using the same breaker bar sockets and wrench listed above.

I was able to find the 1/2 inch - 2 inch long grade 8 bolts at Cal Ranch. The bolts behind the knuckle were 1.5 inch. Even better they are sold by the pound. All 24 bolts, 48 washers and 24 nuts cost me less than 20 bucks.

I found that I had to lift the trailer quite a bit in order to get the wheels back on. ( ya, I know kinda the result of a lift). This was only concerning because I felt like I needed to raise the one side I had completed to a point where I felt uncomfortable with the tilt. I was most likely paranoid because I know I have had it tilted more while out and about driving, but for what ever reason it freaked me out to much. I lifted the not completed side slightly before I fully lifted the completed side enough to get the wheel back on. This was to even out more the weight and correct the tilt.

After I lifted it more I was able to get the wheels on. Then rinse and repeat. The one bolts are a pain to remove with limited space, the drilling sucks, the bolts get tightened, and lastly the wheels back on.

After I got the brackets on and everything put back together I dropped/removed all the jacks and hitched it up to the truck.

Tows great. No issues so far going just to the pilot gas station and back.

Planning to take it out on a trip this weekend. Should be about 300 miles round trip. I will post an update after.

I also have not installed a bar to connect the brackets together. However, I do plan to install it on both sides eventually.
Nickball12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 04:18 PM   #22

This is fantastic. I had actually drawn up my own mounting plates in solidworks but I like yours a lot more. And I know they work since a few people have tried them.

I have not had any issues with my X213 hitting the ground, but its very low and I do a lot of dispersed camping on less than ideal dirt roads. I've been waiting for the day I tear something off.

Thanks for sharing.
mass-hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 02:02 PM   #23

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mass-hole View Post
This is fantastic. I had actually drawn up my own mounting plates in solidworks but I like yours a lot more. And I know they work since a few people have tried them.

I have not had any issues with my X213 hitting the ground, but its very low and I do a lot of dispersed camping on less than ideal dirt roads. I've been waiting for the day I tear something off.

Thanks for sharing.
I was going to point you here from the F150 forum, glad you found it!!!

ROOF REPLACEMENT

PARTIAL FLOOR REPLACEMENT
Scott91370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 05:17 AM   #24

Lifting brackets

Just wanted to say thanks for all this information
72bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 10:35 PM   #25

I don’t even own a Jayco but I have the Norco/BAL frame. I really appreciate the info and ingenuity all this time later.
Pixierambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 10:30 AM   #26

Anyone installed crossbar?

Has anyone installed the crossbar between the two tabs on the lift brackets? Any photos?
Old 03-11-2021, 05:23 PM   #27

We are having trouble opening up the file. After we opened it up the only thing we saw was a drawing of the plate. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tommy’s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 05:32 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy’s View Post
We are having trouble opening up the file. After we opened it up the only thing we saw was a drawing of the plate. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If you don’t have software to read the dxf file, it will likely look blank. My metal guy was able to read it and put it in a usable form for his CNC.
Old 03-15-2022, 08:52 PM   #29

Thanks so much for posting those designs. My 2000 cub thor is a single axle similar setup, think this exact design will work? I need then check my specific measurements between holes and compare. If needed, how would I be able to get those mods to a dfx design, is this something I can learn on my own or would a shop be able to adjust? Attaching pics of mine.
Attached Thumbnails
20220306_125031.jpg   20220306_141456.jpg   20220306_125020.jpg  
Rambo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 11:19 PM   #30

Hi, can I please get the dfx file for this.
Neilatlanta@gmail.com
Neilatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 07:57 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo2 View Post
Thanks so much for posting those designs. My 2000 cub thor is a single axle similar setup, think this exact design will work?
The do look like the same axle but as stated a few small measurements would confirm it.

ROOF REPLACEMENT

Old 05-25-2022, 07:58 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilatlanta View Post
Hi, can I please get the dfx file for this.
Neilatlanta@gmail.com
They are in post #9 on page 1.

ROOF REPLACEMENT

Old 06-10-2022, 10:41 PM   #33

Distance from the edge of your Norco brackets were your 'middle' holes?

SICARIO,

Thanks so much for your design. I have a question. After drilling the 'middle' pair of holes through your bracket through the Norco axle bracket how close to the edge of the Norco brackets are the holes? I've done some measurements on my Dexter + Norco brackets and it seems the 5/8" drilled hole through the Norco brackets would be over the edge of the Norco bracket. What was the distance from the edge of your Norco brackets were your 'middle' holes?
D-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 07:22 PM   #34

Now that you all have used this for a while has it worked out well? Also dis you have to drill the holes from under the trailer or could you get to both of them from the outside, it looks close to the hub on the hub side. Packyp
Packyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 02:36 PM   #35

Disregard...

ROOF REPLACEMENT

Old 08-10-2023, 10:31 AM   #36

Norco brackets lift..

Hi SICARIO,

How can I get a copy of the dwg of those brackets to lift my trailer? I tried downloading the zip files below, but they don’t pull up.. those look like they are a great solution. I have a buddy w a shop who can pop out 2 of those, but since you have a dwg, why reinvent the wheel?

Thanks,

Marc.. Teleboy.
Teleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 10:44 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleboy View Post
How can I get a copy of the dwg of those brackets to lift my trailer?
Marc.. Teleboy.

He hasn't been around in a few months but if you want to PM me your email address I'll send you the DFX and PDF files that he posted. I copied them a while back and kept them.

ROOF REPLACEMENT

Old 08-10-2023, 11:07 AM   #38

Found the PDF version. Thx!

Teleboy
Teleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 11:11 AM   #39

Sorry I missed this. Glad you found the PDF. Currently working on a lift design for my keystone passport.
SICARIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 07:45 AM   #40

Lift bracket zip

Teleboy,

It takes a special program to open that file. I would use that zip file because that's the file to load into the machine that will do the cutting.

I had 4 brackets made for my 2005 29Y. It worked perfectly! Makes a huge difference for clearance pulling in and out of gas stations, and gives enough height for hooking into sewers.
Sunny B. is offline   Reply With Quote