Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Jayco Mods
Click Here to Login

Old 12-26-2015, 01:21 AM   #1

back up camera ready on Jayco TH floor plan 222

I'm in the process of getting things for a Jayco toy hauler before it gets delivered to me in a week. Th is coming from long distance,1100 miles away. One of the things I'm looking into getting is a camera for the rear of the TH, can someone tell me what Jayco means by back up camera ready? Does that mean that the wire or coaxial is already ran front to back in the trailer and I just need to get the camera and monitor in the cab or ??? I'm looking at units that are wireless but that's not as good as a wired unit cause of not much interference but the convience of installation would be nice for me. I did ask dealer that I was going to locally at first but could not get a straight answer cause I don't think they really know the details.I even asked if Jayco made a unit to install on Th and they said no. I'm just looking for clarification. Thanks
rcmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 06:15 AM   #2
Site Team

If it were me, I would not obsess to much about it. Get the rig and look it over and then decide.
People have been pulling long trailers since before back up cameras were even invented. Just use a spotter and some form of communication until you can get it done once you figure out what you need.

Hopefully someone here has already gone thru this and give you some tips.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 04:02 PM   #3

Thanks ,, I understand , I'm just trying to get a jump on things on stuff i want to get for it .
rcmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 04:51 PM   #4

Jayco "Camera Ready" means that behind the center rear marker light there is an "always hot" wire (orange, I believe). This powers the camera, and it shares the marker light ground. Inside the main bedroom, usually near the television, there is a 12v receptacle (cigarette lighter style) that you can plug the monitor into. Obviously, the monitor can also be plugged into the tow vehicle as well.

The challenge is that most of the cameras are too far from the monitors when it's in the tow vehicle, so you often need a "booster" to get the signal from point A to point B.

By supplying the plug in for the monitor in the bedroom, it's marketed as back-up and SECURITY camera ready. I suppose, with a toy hauler, if you leave the "toy" outside overnight, it's a handy way of keeping an eye on it....
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 07:17 PM   #5

yes and no. Yes on the trailers that are "back up camera ready". There is a hot and ground wire and a mounting bracket. Yes it is a wireless system. Yes you must have your running lights "on" in order for the camera to be powered. Yes you can plug the monitor in to any 12v (cigarette style) recepticle.
------NOTE------There are 2 styles to choose from. 1--- A "back up only" system (which actually always works when powered properly, but at higher speeds, you will lose signal to monitor), meaning it really only works at slow speeds or reverse.
2--- There is an "all time use" system. This system seldom if ever loses signal at any speed (well reasonable towing speed anyway). they do work real well. Even on the back of our triple axle Cyclones. We sell this system alot, never a complaint.
TIM
qwed94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 02:16 PM   #6

Show us the system you sell please.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 02:41 PM   #7

I have the voyager camera.

I like it to use in a pinch when I don't have a spotter, but honestly, a decent spotter is priceless and much more reliable, in my experience.
ecksdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 04:45 PM   #8

the Starcraft TTs and Heartland THs are "READY" for the wireless FURION camera system. We dont carry them in stock. It is an ORDER ONLY thing for us. If you do order one, (or see one on the shelf somewhere). Make sure it is not the REVERSE ONLY model.
TIM
qwed94 is offline   Reply With Quote