Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #1

Bedroom Closet Door TV Mod

I checked with the dealer and Camping World about a bracket to install a 22" Samsung LCD flat screen in the bedroom closet door. They didn't have anything that would work. Best Buy, Lowes, Radio Shack etc. didn't have anything either. I even looked at finding a TV that fit the bracket that came mounted to the door...I checked all of the same places and no luck. So...I fabricated my own bracket using shelf brackets. It works pretty well and is sturdier than the lift mounting on the TV in the living room. The total cost of the bracket, metric screws for attaching the bracket to the back of the TV and wood screws to attach the bracket to the back of the closet door was under $10. I cut a small 2" strip from the door panel that I removed to fill in a small gap between the TV and the top of the door as a finishing touch.

I have a DVD player sitting on the bottom shelf in the closet right behind the TV. When the door is open, I have just enough of a gap between the door and the shelf for the remote to work with the DVD player. I still have to get out of bed if I want to change a DVD, but I can't have everything. :hihi:Plus the exercise will do me good.
Attached Thumbnails
Mod Pict Front Closed.jpg   Mod Pict Back.jpg  
Old 03-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #2

One more shot..

This is what it looks like with the door open. I don't know why the other two shots came out sideways. But if you turn your computer on its side you wcan get the idea.:hihi: Sorry.
Attached Thumbnails
Mod Pict Front Open.jpg  
Old 03-28-2012, 08:09 PM   #3

I thought there was a 4 hole bolt pattern on the existing bracket in a 330RLTS that looks to be standard on the back of many televisions.
2006 Sunnybrook 297SL (retired)

2001 Ford F250 Lariat 4WD Powerstroke 7.3L
:Beerchug:
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:59 PM   #4

Very neat installation. Thanks for sharing this. I am planning for my next Jayco to be a 313 which has the same bedroom layout and cabinets as your 321 and I will want to do the same mod as you did.
dg1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
I thought there was a 4 hole bolt pattern on the existing bracket in a 330RLTS that looks to be standard on the back of many televisions.
The bolt pattern on the Jayco supplied bracket didn't match up with any of the TVs we looked at. I was really surprised that the "standard" wasn't standard
Old 03-30-2012, 10:29 PM   #6

The 4 bolt pattern will match up to a Haier 22"LED, but the overall fit isn't great and the picture quality isn't even close to what you'll get out of your Samsung.
Jrmay25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:21 AM   #7
Site Team

Other option

We do not watch TV in bed so I reversed the hinge to the curb side, removed the piston and now it is a great storage cabinet that is easy to access.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:37 AM   #8

That was our original plan but the first time we had overnight guests, they were ready to go to bed before us. We decided to invest in the TV because we almost always will have a guest or two. I normally read in bed while my wife watches the news. It works out for us.