Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-19-2015, 09:52 PM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
I used the white vinyl covered wire shelving. Cut to length, little plastic caps on each end. "General Mods" in my signature line.
That's exactly what I used

2007 Jayco Feather 19H
2008 Ford Explorer SportTrac
Snake Plissken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 10:27 PM   #22

I have put shelves in my Greyhawk by using Rubbermaid single track uprights. I screwed an upright into each of the four corners of the closet. Then I used the shelf clips to hold the shelves up. The shelves are easily adjusted to any height and are very sturdy. I used plywood cut to the right size for each shelf. In a small cabinet, I used paneling for the shelves to save weight. The material you make the shelf out of depends on the size of the shelf span and what you are using the shelf for. I bought all of the materials at Home Depot.

LI-Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 10:47 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI-Camper View Post
I have put shelves in my Greyhawk by using Rubbermaid single track uprights. I screwed an upright into each of the four corners of the closet. Then I used the shelf clips to hold the shelves up. The shelves are easily adjusted to any height and are very sturdy. I used plywood cut to the right size for each shelf. In a small cabinet, I used paneling for the shelves to save weight. The material you make the shelf out of depends on the size of the shelf span and what you are using the shelf for. I bought all of the materials at Home Depot.
Like this idea because it's fully adjustable, I might do a change out on mine.
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 07:07 AM   #24

We went to an RV show yesterday, one thing we noticed was on the inside of the closet cupboards there was white wallpaper on the inside, this made the closet space much brighter than what we currently have so when it gets warmer we will do the mod.
1985 21' Hi-Lo (Sold)
93 Yamaha G9A

Dirtfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:22 AM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
We went to an RV show yesterday, one thing we noticed was on the inside of the closet cupboards there was white wallpaper on the inside, this made the closet space much brighter than what we currently have so when it gets warmer we will do the mod.
I also put a motion sensor light inside mine so that when I open the door the light turns on. It helps quite a bit.

2007 Jayco Feather 19H
2008 Ford Explorer SportTrac
Snake Plissken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:05 PM   #26

In my hybrid we have his & hers closets so in mine I installed under shelf drawers and the bottom one is divided into 3 sections. One is for toothbrush & paste,floss, deodorant next is shampoo, soap, shaver and last are pills. The top one is my junk drawer,fuses,light bulbs, batteries,flashlight.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 05:06 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler View Post
In my hybrid we have his & hers closets so in mine I installed under shelf drawers and the bottom one is divided into 3 sections. One is for toothbrush & paste,floss, deodorant next is shampoo, soap, shaver and last are pills. The top one is my junk drawer,fuses,light bulbs, batteries,flashlight.
Nice!

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 05:30 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler View Post
Wow, I like that!
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:13 PM   #29

We just got a new TT this year also and have yet to take possession. I have the same issue, but I am very hesitant to put holes in the walls. I bought the expandable bars (for the refrigerator) and plan to put three across the closet as a shelf. If I need a solid surface, I can put a thin sheet of plywood on top of them, but for towels and clothes the bars should work fine'
utbgcamper mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 12:26 PM   #30

For those who have added the wire shelving, are the wall anchors holding in there good? Any pulled back out? I'm in the process of this and using the 16" deep shelving w/ 4, prob 6 brackets per shelf. And it will only bee clothing/towels on the shelves. Any issues w/ the thin paneling? Thanks

Swinepartner is offline   Reply With Quote