Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-19-2015, 09:52 PM   #21
Site Team
 
Snake Plissken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: DeWitt, MI
Posts: 1,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
I used the white vinyl covered wire shelving. Cut to length, little plastic caps on each end. "General Mods" in my signature line.
That's exactly what I used
__________________

__________________
MODERATOR

2007 Jayco Feather 19H
2008 Ford Explorer SportTrac
Snake Plissken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 10:27 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
LI-Camper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 237
I have put shelves in my Greyhawk by using Rubbermaid single track uprights. I screwed an upright into each of the four corners of the closet. Then I used the shelf clips to hold the shelves up. The shelves are easily adjusted to any height and are very sturdy. I used plywood cut to the right size for each shelf. In a small cabinet, I used paneling for the shelves to save weight. The material you make the shelf out of depends on the size of the shelf span and what you are using the shelf for. I bought all of the materials at Home Depot.
__________________

LI-Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 10:47 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Tunce the traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bellingham,Wa.
Posts: 4,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI-Camper View Post
I have put shelves in my Greyhawk by using Rubbermaid single track uprights. I screwed an upright into each of the four corners of the closet. Then I used the shelf clips to hold the shelves up. The shelves are easily adjusted to any height and are very sturdy. I used plywood cut to the right size for each shelf. In a small cabinet, I used paneling for the shelves to save weight. The material you make the shelf out of depends on the size of the shelf span and what you are using the shelf for. I bought all of the materials at Home Depot.
Like this idea because it's fully adjustable, I might do a change out on mine.
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 07:07 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SE Minnesota
Posts: 165
We went to an RV show yesterday, one thing we noticed was on the inside of the closet cupboards there was white wallpaper on the inside, this made the closet space much brighter than what we currently have so when it gets warmer we will do the mod.
__________________
49 Nights camped in 2014
58 Nights camped in 2013
2013 Jayco JayFlight 28 BHBE born on Date 1/22/13
1985 21' Hi-Lo (Sold)
93 Yamaha G9A

Dirtfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:22 AM   #25
Site Team
 
Snake Plissken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: DeWitt, MI
Posts: 1,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
We went to an RV show yesterday, one thing we noticed was on the inside of the closet cupboards there was white wallpaper on the inside, this made the closet space much brighter than what we currently have so when it gets warmer we will do the mod.
I also put a motion sensor light inside mine so that when I open the door the light turns on. It helps quite a bit.
__________________
MODERATOR

2007 Jayco Feather 19H
2008 Ford Explorer SportTrac
Snake Plissken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:05 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Tunce the traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bellingham,Wa.
Posts: 4,627
In my hybrid we have his & hers closets so in mine I installed under shelf drawers and the bottom one is divided into 3 sections. One is for toothbrush & paste,floss, deodorant next is shampoo, soap, shaver and last are pills. The top one is my junk drawer,fuses,light bulbs, batteries,flashlight.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 05:06 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
troutslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NW AR (God's Country)
Posts: 1,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler View Post
In my hybrid we have his & hers closets so in mine I installed under shelf drawers and the bottom one is divided into 3 sections. One is for toothbrush & paste,floss, deodorant next is shampoo, soap, shaver and last are pills. The top one is my junk drawer,fuses,light bulbs, batteries,flashlight.
Nice!
__________________
Skip

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 05:30 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
SmokerBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: PNW
Posts: 2,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler View Post
In my hybrid we have his & hers closets so in mine I installed under shelf drawers and the bottom one is divided into 3 sections. One is for toothbrush & paste,floss, deodorant next is shampoo, soap, shaver and last are pills. The top one is my junk drawer,fuses,light bulbs, batteries,flashlight.
Wow, I like that!
__________________
Bill
2011 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI Quad Cab
2011 Jay Flight 26BH
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:13 PM   #29
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Parma
Posts: 25
We just got a new TT this year also and have yet to take possession. I have the same issue, but I am very hesitant to put holes in the walls. I bought the expandable bars (for the refrigerator) and plan to put three across the closet as a shelf. If I need a solid surface, I can put a thin sheet of plywood on top of them, but for towels and clothes the bars should work fine'
utbgcamper mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 12:26 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Swinepartner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Zebulon
Posts: 169
For those who have added the wire shelving, are the wall anchors holding in there good? Any pulled back out? I'm in the process of this and using the 16" deep shelving w/ 4, prob 6 brackets per shelf. And it will only bee clothing/towels on the shelves. Any issues w/ the thin paneling? Thanks
__________________

Swinepartner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.