Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-11-2015, 04:21 PM   #1

Bigfoot false alarm fix

Twice we've heard the Bigfoot alarm sound off while moving down the highway indicating one of the levelers was not all the way up. Scared the bejesus out of us. But when we stopped, all the feet were completely up. I temporarily silenced the alarm by lifting up on the limit switch pins, finding the one with the problem and inserting a popsicle stick between the pin and the footpad.

Called Bigfoot support, who are very nice folks by the way. They suggested a simple fix. Get four rubber vacuum line caps from an auto parts store and slip one over each of the limit switch pins. I did and we've had no further false alarms. To make the rubber cap easier to slide onto the pin, lube the pin first by rubbing a bar of soap on it. (That part was my contribution. )
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 04:55 PM   #2

That's one problem I haven't ran into yet, but will remember this fix. Thanks for sharing.
MadDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 05:32 PM   #3

I had a 6PT leveling system put on our pinnacle this winter and the people at Bigfoot were great to deal with and very helpful with my questions. I believe they have 24 hr support. Thanks for the tip and picture
Clayton4971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 07:06 PM   #4

2015 Greyhawk 31DS - Bigfoot False Alarm

I'm having the exact same symptom and I sure hope this resolves it. I'll know tomorrow when I find out the size cap I need to purchase and give it a go.

I called Camping World and tried to get quick access to a service technician because of my "Elite" membership. Apparently I'm not so "Elite" after all as they said it would be more than a week before someone could look at it. : )

That doesn't help when the RV is scheduled to hit the road in two days!

I've called Bigfoot and left a VM. The website suggests they have 24 x 7 support so I'm waiting to get a callback.

I called Jayco Customer Support and they are only open Monday through Friday 8 to 5 EST. So I will call them tomorrow.

I'm tempted to send a linkedin message to Marcus Leonas - The CEO of Camping World.

I sent him a linkedin message last year and he actually responded to it and asked me to work with his assistant directly.

I normally don't claim the sky is falling but in this case, I can't imagine driving down the road and hearing that Bigfoot alarm incessantly beeping at me.

I've purchased a second Greyhawk 31FS and for the most part have found the quality to be perfectly decent. I get the fact that these are entry-level vehicles so I don't have $200,000 coach expectations when I have only paid 75k.

Best,

Amir
Safayans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 06:01 PM   #5

The Clevis pin is 1/4 "
Charles & Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot alarm