Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-30-2018, 07:51 PM   #1

Dish Network receiver

Had to find a place for the receiver, because the cabinets above and below the TV were not large enough. I didn't want the receiver and cables exposed on the counter by the tv. I relocated the receiver to the cabinets above the counter that is next to the stove. With a little investigative work, I found that I could remove the DVD player, and pull the cabling through the wall cavity that was used for the DVD player. All cabling hidden, and receiver behind a glass door. I also pulled cabling for a remote IR receiver for the Dish receiver. Now everything is out of sight and system works great.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:15 PM   #2

Good job, Cajun. Santa brought us a Dish Playmaker and I have yet to install but looking for good location. Thanks for your information.

Happy RVing,
Jeff
Best friend wife, Di, and dog Cooper. RETIRED
havnfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 10:53 PM   #3

Thanks havnfun,
I will try to post pictures showing how I did it in the next couple of days. I also installed a plate with power connector outside to power the Winegard G2 satellite dish. Of course some of the new dishes send power down the coax, so this might not be necessary for you.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:48 PM   #4

Yes, Cajun. Our Playmaker runs the power thru the coax. Thanks.

Happy RVing,
Jeff
Best friend wife, Di, and dog Cooper. RETIRED
havnfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 09:00 AM   #5

I used a thin metal mesh magazine rack that I mounted on the wall in my bedroom to house my VIP211Z receiver. Mounted it on the wall behind the tv swing mount and just below the wall power/coax plate. The receiver slides into the mag rack and by cutting out the back edge I could feed in the cables and keep them out of site. Positioned the receiver so the front edge is visible from the bed so the remote works. This same setup would also work for a main cabin installation similar to the one you faced.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 01:20 PM   #6

Sounds like a good mod bass dogs. However in our Pinnacle, the TV is on a elevator mechanism, and has to go through a slot cut in the countertop. That's the reason I had to go to one of the cabinets, and run the cable hidden through the wall and the cabinets. Your mod is ideal though, if the TV is on a wall mount. Thanks for the idea.
Old 02-13-2018, 04:07 PM   #7

Good Post. We as well have an '18 Pinnacle 36KPTS. I would like to mimic your install. Have you had an opportunity to take any photos of your install? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-13-2018, 04:45 PM   #8

Hey Charger,

I will be glad to get the information and pictures to you. I will be out in the camper tonight doing some de-winterization, and I will get the pictures and post them for you. It's not really hard, and it leaves a good neat installation.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:30 PM   #9

Charger, I will try to explain how I did this, and have a few pictures to post. The hardest was running the cables, but wasn't too bad. If you remove the DVD / Radio, you will see a hole in the wall where they ran the cables from the DVD, speakers, etc. This opening goes down thru the wall, and into the TV compartment. This is the route for the Sat. Antenna cable, the HDMI cable and the power cable to the receiver. There is already a hole from the TV compartment to the Shelves left of the fireplace. From this point you have Sat. Antenna input, and power. I used a good extension cord for the power. You will need to use an extension cord without the female end, so it will go through the wall easier. In the cabinets above I routed the cables to the back and used black desk grommets from cabinet to cabinet, and ty-rapped them together. I made a small platform to elevate the receiver. That enabled the Receiver IR to work real well. Dress the HDMI cable to the tv with it raised. It will follow the other cables attached to the tv. Then reinstall the DVD, and watch Sattelite. This is kind of long and may be confusing. Just ask if I can clarify anything. I'm having trouble loading photos, but will keep trying
Old 02-13-2018, 09:35 PM   #10

Trying to add photos.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 02-13-2018, 09:41 PM   #11

Another photo attempt
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 02-13-2018, 09:45 PM   #12

Another photo. I don't know why they are sideways, or why I can't send multiple photos. I will try from my desktop tomorrow. Sorry.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:51 PM   #13

I give up with the photos. Will try tomorrow if I can figure it out. Sorry
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 02-13-2018, 09:52 PM   #14

Charger, I will try to explain how I did this, and have a few pictures to post. The hardest was running the cables, but wasn't too bad. If you remove the DVD / Radio, you will see a hole in the wall where they ran the cables from the DVD, speakers, etc. This opening goes down thru the wall, and into the TV compartment. This is the route for the Sat. Antenna cable, the HDMI cable and the power cable to the receiver. There is already a hole from the TV compartment to the Shelves left of the fireplace. From this point you have Sat. Antenna input, and power. I used a good extension cord for the power. You will need to use an extension cord without the female end, so it will go through the wall easier. In the cabinets above I routed the cables to the back and used black desk grommets from cabinet to cabinet, and ty-rapped them together. I made a small platform to elevate the receiver. That enabled the Receiver IR to work real well. Dress the HDMI cable to the tv with it raised. It will follow the other cables attached to the tv. Then reinstall the DVD, and watch Sattelite. This is kind of long and may be confusing. Just ask if I can clarify anything. I'm having trouble loading photos, but will keep trying