Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-14-2015, 01:34 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick danger View Post
Hmmm, interesting.
didnt think of that. I was planning on traveling with it. So you dont think the bottom, even with through bolts will stand the wind pressure at highway speeds? Oh and as far as the 211 goes ,I already got the "Z" I bought an amplified hdmi splitter box from monoprice ,and was going to go off that to two tv's. I dont care if they have to be on the same channel since I'll be by my lonesome. Is the "K" a dual tuner model? Did either of you look into adding an external hard drive to make it a dvr? (for the one time $40 I think it is).

The 211k and the 211z can both only tune in one channel at a time.

The 211z has only one output, the HDMI output.

The 211k has two outputs, the HDMI output and a 75 ohm output. The 75 ohm output allows you to send the signal to the remaining TVs in your camper (bedroom, basement, etc) using the existing cable already in the camper. The main TV (HDMI) would have an HD signal, while the other TVs (75 ohm) would have an SD signal. All TVs would be able to be used at the same time, tuned into the same channel.

etex211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:34 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick danger View Post
Hmmm, interesting.
didnt think of that. I was planning on traveling with it. So you dont think the bottom, even with through bolts will stand the wind pressure at highway speeds? Did either of you look into adding an external hard drive to make it a dvr? (for the one time $40 I think it is).
I have added the USB hard drive to my system. You will need to format it using the receivers menu, and make a "ONE TIME" payment of $40 dollars to DISH to activate the option. Works GREAT!! I would recommend nothing less than a 2Tb hard drive, as the movies use up a lot of space.

As for the tailgater on the roof, I sure would not want to be the car behind you while you are traveling at 60 down the highway. There are TINY little screws holding the 2 halves together and the plastic boss(s) on the bottom of the unit would break off with the strong wind blowing against the unit. They were not built for that type of use. Although, I did originally think of doing that. It would be about as aerodynamic as a flat piece of board mounted on top of your ladder.

I like the DISH receiver that has the SLING BOX incorporated into it. That way I could leave that unit running at home and log into it from where ever we are camping (Wi-Fi permitting), and get our local stations, while using the 211/Tailgater on the TT. Only problem is, you can't use both boxes in two different location on the same contract, would have to pay for separate services... according to DISH.. not to say that there is not a way around that.

Just my thoughts,

Don

Just my thoughts,

Don

2 - AirSight Wireless IP Cameras (used as rear view cameras)
EnGenius WI-FI extender, D-Link wireless (n) modem
MagicJack Internet Phone
2012 Ford F150XLT, EcoBoost w/3.73
157" Wheel base, HD Towing Package

Our Solar Album https://www.jaycoowners.com/album.php?albumid=329
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 02:30 PM   #13

I exchanged one of my 612 dual tuner dvr receivers yesterday for the 211z. The plan is to just take the 211 with me when I travel. Do you think that will work? I figuerd it would be better than buying the 211 and then haveing to pay $75 for a months service when I went away. ....And I'm not giving up on the roof mount thing .....I'll have what amounts to a flat aluminum platform to work with. If I bolt the tailgater to another aluminum plate (both 3/16") Then hinge the two plates together at the front and "lay down "the tailgater for travel so its top is facing forward it would be more aerodynamic and lower. Then have a strap around its middle(belt?) widest part. Maybe a 2" strap and have a couple of pins in the tailgater with corrosponding holes in the strap to keep it in place. Sounds complicated, but shouldnt be to bad....Thing is to have it not be to hard to remove or stand up for use. The whole idea of it is to have it be able to be removed and relocated for a site with trees.....Love a challenge
rick danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 03:33 PM   #14

Amazing what we do to get away to the peace and quiet and then go to all this trouble to watch tv.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 06:59 PM   #15

211K vs 211Z

K is the older unit it has hdmi and 75 ohm coaxial outputs and regular yellow red white output. The Z model only has hdmi and yellow red white outputs. You can use a 10 to 15 dollar RF modulator to send the signal back throughout your trailer on the ant/cable port ,,, make sure the light on the antenna booster is off ,,, then all your ports in the trailer will have the same picture as the first. It is getting harder to find the older K models but with a cheap RF modulator you can work around the second tv problem

popcorn is offline   Reply With Quote