Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-04-2018, 07:19 AM   #1

Driver's seat too far back?

OK, maybe it's just me, but I have a hard time reaching the gas pedal during stop and start driving.

I have 2017 Jayco Alante 32N, and even with the seat all the way forward I have a hard time with keeping the right pressure on the gas pedal. I'm 5'10, with a 32" inseam. But even with the seat all the way forward, I can barely reach the pedals.

Is there a manual positioner I'm missing? My wife isn't the shortest little thing, but she is smaller than I am, and can't reach the pedals at all.

I'm going to crawl under the seat and take a look, but I'd appreciate some advice (besides put a pillow behind my back).
Surfing HalfOrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 08:46 AM   #2

I have same personal dimensions and problem. If you look under the seat bottom flaps you will see how the unit slides. There are a few holes in the frame that allow some adjustment. The first set almost fixed the problem for me. In the next few days I will move the seat to the next holes forward. I guess all the seat installers are 6’7”. My granddaughters boy friend is that tall and has to move the seat back to drive. Go figure
Dish Wally
longleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 07:21 AM   #3

Thank you! I found a video on how to do it, and will be doing just that when I get home.
Surfing HalfOrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 12:54 PM   #4

We had the same issue with our old Alante. Cathy couldn't reach the pedals either. I bought a set of extenders that solved the issue very nicely..

We recently went to a fifth wheel so the set and all the hardware are sitting in my garage.

If your solution doesn't cut it, reach out and you can have them.

Joe
soperman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 04:15 PM   #5

This problem has been discussed extensively in the Class A forum and on the Facebook Jayco Precept and Alante page.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 01:02 AM   #6

can you give me specifics on the video that you used...would like to view
Pokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 03:57 PM   #7

where did you buy them?
MSG Coons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 04:56 PM   #8

Can you give me info on video you mentioned to adjust seat please
Old 06-21-2020, 06:40 AM   #9

https://youtu.be/10kjebjBLjw

I tried to post the link but I’m rather computer illiterate so you’ll have to type in the address. Or just google “drivers seat adjustment video on precept.” The Precept and Alante are built on the same platform so it applies to both. Good luck.
Old 06-21-2020, 05:49 PM   #10

Rice 1951, video came through....perfect, thanks so much. I bought from a new leftover 2018 Jayco Alante 26x from RVONE, over 2 years had pathetic warranty service with Buffalo NY dealership, then their dealership in Tampa, went through 2 different service managers there. While the warranty itself has never been a problem, their service depts are a nightmare. RVONE VP of Sales and Customer Service were fantastic, sadly it stopped there. Would have to write a book to cover what I have been through in last 2 years. Jayco manufacturing inspection depts must not even exist.
Anyways, I had inquired several times regarding moving seat, was always told it can't be done because pedestal is connected to framing. No one ever said it was possible to move the seat as your video shows.......point being they don't know their product.
Thank you my friend much appreciation, keep it wheel side down and between the lines

Tags
adjustments, alante 32n, driver's seat, modification