Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-01-2016, 09:23 AM   #1

Exterior TV Hookup mod

One thing that I noticed my new trailer didn't have was a TV connection on the awning/living side of the trailer. So when I want to setup the outside TV I have to run a long cable from the little table I setup under the trailer to connect to the external antenna jack at the back corner. At the end of the weekend the cable is dirty and I have to wipe it down and roll it up. And it just looks unorganized with the cable laying on the ground under the trailer (Sorry, OCD here).

So this weekend I installed a weatherproof Coax jack down at the bottom of the trailer (in the skirt) below the external antenna connection and I installed another one over on the other side right about where I put the TV.
Then I ran a piece of coax connecting the two jacks under the trailer and secured it to the frame.

Now I can run a 3 foot cable from the External Antenna jack to my new one on the backside and another 3 foot cable from my TV to the jack on the awning side. Problem solved. If we go someplace that has cable, I'll just put a splitter on and feed both from there.

Read About My Camping World Nightmare
Loosenuts is offline   Reply With Quote