Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-14-2016, 08:45 AM   #1

Fantastic Breeze cover?

I want to add a Fantastic Breeze cover to my bath vent on my 2016 white hawk 23 MRB. Anyone see a problem with that? Seems pretty straight forward.... Scrape away the sea lent, remove the 4 screws, replace the screws with brackets and reseal, then install the cover... Am I missing anything or anyone have any reasons as to why NOT to do it?

Thanks!
Tom
Tomminny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 09:01 AM   #2

Unless they've changed the brackets mount to the side of the metal frame, not the roof
Old 06-14-2016, 04:21 PM   #3

We just put a MaxxAirII over our 2016 JayFlight's bathroom vent fan. We purchased that one because we drilled through the sides of the vent and we didn't have to mess with the caulk or roof. Easy install for my husband...Camping World has a video for it on their website. One of the dealers near us recommended it. The vent cover doesn't quite open on the way but we have never opened it completely anyway so we were fine with that. Not sure if that's the type you are looking for, but you might want to take a look.
Old 06-22-2016, 01:15 PM   #4

I did the same thing with our trailer. Camping World had their own brand of vent cover called Ramble. Same as Max Air but just cheaper. It installed the same as DeeBee said. Drill four holes thru trim kit rim and attach the supplied brackets. I recently removed the vent cover over our bedroom vent and installed the fantastic vent cover in its place. It did make a difference but not as much as I would have hoped for. I read on this forum about a guy who switched the fan blades from the bathroom vent with the one in the fantastic fan in the bedroom. Although the bathroom vent fan is made by different company the the fan blades are the same size. The bathroom blades are able to draw way more air than the fantastic ones.
That's my next project.
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 02:54 PM   #5

You've got it right, just put lap sealant in the hole before you put in the screw for the bracket, I added it over top of the screw head as well. I liked the cotter pin style removal feature!
PR Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 05:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphie View Post
I did the same thing with our trailer. Camping World had their own brand of vent cover called Ramble. Same as Max Air but just cheaper. It installed the same as DeeBee said. Drill four holes thru trim kit rim and attach the supplied brackets. I recently removed the vent cover over our bedroom vent and installed the fantastic vent cover in its place. It did make a difference but not as much as I would have hoped for. I read on this forum about a guy who switched the fan blades from the bathroom vent with the one in the fantastic fan in the bedroom. Although the bathroom vent fan is made by different company the the fan blades are the same size. The bathroom blades are able to draw way more air than the fantastic ones.
That's my next project.
Unless your oem stink fan is different than every rv I've owned, the blades on a fantastic fan are 3 or 4 times bigger. The stink fan motor doesn't have 1/3 the power of a fantastic fan. End of subject.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 07:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdogs View Post
Unless your oem stink fan is different than every rv I've owned, the blades on a fantastic fan are 3 or 4 times bigger. The stink fan motor doesn't have 1/3 the power of a fantastic fan. End of subject.
Sorry not quite the end of subject. That's rather presumptive of you. The fan is made by Ventline and they call it Northern Breeze. It has a 11 inch blade the same size as the fantastic fan I have. It was installed at the factory when my trailer was built. Quite frankly your attitude stinks. I try to post things here to help others and share similar expierences not to challenge other posters.
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 08:54 PM   #8

As long as the mounting screws are sealed properly no worries. I went with 4 of 5 of the fantastic covers, like the ease of removal for cleaning. I was sold on these cover after watching the air flow testing compared with the others.
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 08:34 AM   #9

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphie View Post
Sorry not quite the end of subject. That's rather presumptive of you. The fan is made by Ventline and they call it Northern Breeze. It has a 11 inch blade the same size as the fantastic fan I have. It was installed at the factory when my trailer was built. Quite frankly your attitude stinks. I try to post things here to help others and share similar expierences not to challenge other posters.
Not familiar with Jayco installing a new vent fan in bathrooms. My 2014 white hawk and 3 previous TT's all came with the worthless 5" stink fan,

As to my attitude, go back and read my comment. Said If you have the same old stink fan. Sounds like they don't even though this wasn't clarified in the op post. Have a nice day!!
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 02:31 AM   #10

Well, the bathroom fan in the 2017 27.5 RLTS stinks. three tiny little short blades, spinning at what seems to be mach 5. We replaced it with a fantastic fan (and the Mrs wanted the model with the remote, so we now have a remote mounted on the wall for it too...)

-Fratz
Fratzba is offline   Reply With Quote