Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-14-2016, 08:29 AM   #1

Fantastic fan question

Does the stock power vent have to be completely removed to install the fantastic fan. I would prefer not to disturb my roof unless I have to.

gpd2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 08:46 AM   #2

Yes, Fantastic Fan comes as one complete assembly.

Old 08-14-2016, 08:47 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpd2111 View Post
Does the stock power vent have to be completely removed to install the fantastic fan. I would prefer not to disturb my roof unless I have to.
AFAIK it does have to be removed. I think there is another fan than can be retrofitted into the existing opening, but it does not seem to get as good of reviews as the Fantastic. I think it is called a Vortex 2 fan.
I wish Fantastic would come out with a retrofit fan too.

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 10:20 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanNJanice View Post
AFAIK it does have to be removed. I think there is another fan than can be retrofitted into the existing opening, but it does not seem to get as good of reviews as the Fantastic. I think it is called a Vortex 2 fan.
I wish Fantastic would come out with a retrofit fan too.
I installed a Vortex II fan in my bathroom because I didn't want to disturb my roof as well. I'm not sure how it compares to a Fantastic fan because I've never seen one, but it moves A LOT more air then my factory little fan. It's a little loud but tolerable.

Install was very easy but the directions were clearly lacking. If you have any mechanical ability, its a breeze of a retrofit (pun intended!)
2016 Jayco 28BHBE - Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 10:28 AM   #5

Thanks Marcm157 that's what I ordered. I've only had the tt for 1 month and don't want to screw with the roof

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
gpd2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 02:47 PM   #6

No need to worry about the roof with this mod. All you do is take out the screws, clean off as much of the existing caulk and then put down new caulk tape. Seat the fantastic fan and screw it in place. Final step is to seal the screw heads.

I would not compromise and buy anything other than the fantastic fan or the Max air fan.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 05:52 PM   #7

I would love to install a new fan, but the dealership told me that any mod that was done by me would void my warranty. I had to have them install the AirMaxx vent cover because of that. What a racket. :/
CMichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 06:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMichigan View Post
I would love to install a new fan, but the dealership told me that any mod that was done by me would void my warranty. I had to have them install the AirMaxx vent cover because of that. What a racket. :/
Your dealer is full of baloney. Refer him to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. A modification can void a warranty only if it causes the damage or failure being reported for warranty adjustment. Even if a mod causes, say, a roof leak, the warranty will be void only for the area damaged by the leak. The warranty will still be in effect elsewhere.
Old 08-15-2016, 06:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMichigan View Post
There is legislation called the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act that prohibits them from doing this. Basically what it says is a warranty company MUST PROVE that what you did caused the failure of the covered part.

It was enacted to prevent a company from arbitrarily denying a valid warranty claim.
2016 Jayco 28BHBE - Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 06:29 PM   #10

Don't put in an inferior fan for the sake of ease or the dealer lying to you. I put a Fantastic Fan in my trailer before I even camped with it for the first time. Go slow, take your time and do it right the first time. YMMV

There are so many YouTube tutorials to watch on the installation, I felt like an expert before I started!

2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote