Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-12-2010, 10:48 AM   #1

Fixing the Dinette

In the course of running the cable for my satellite feed, I had the occasion to remove the dinette cushions and storage cover. I found one of the horizontal supports split where the factory assembly person screwed through the brace. I replaced the horizontal support wih new wood and while I was in there I ripped some narrow 3/4" strips to place under the cross piece for vertical support and screwed those to the Luan. The front curbside corner of the dinette frame has also pulled loose because it had been fastened with staples. A Stanley corner brace from Home Depot strengthened those on both sides. No big deal and I expected much worse from a production trailer. Actually, considering the stress thay endure going down the road, even the entry level Jaycos are built prety well. The high side is that it gave me an excuse to go in with the shop vac and clean up the construction sawdust.
---------------------
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote