Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Jayco Mods
Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2018, 10:34 PM   #1

Has anyone converted SLX 212QBW 30A power cord??

Hello,

I just upsized from a 2017 Jay Flight SLX 175RD Baja Edition to a 2018 Jay Flight SLX 212QBW Rocky Mountain Edition. I take delivery next week.

I would like to replace the 30A hard-wired power cord with one of the Furrion 30A conversion kits (Furrion, etc.) that has a detachable 30A power cord.

Has any current owners of a 212QBW done this mod??

If so, I would appreciate some details about how you did it and how long it took. I'm particularly interested in how you get into the power cord storage area under the sofa to disconnect the cord from the power center.

Thanks in advance
Andersen WDH
560 watts solar, roof mounted and portable suitcases
2000 watt PSW Inverter
OregonPerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 03:26 AM   #2

I have a 23RB but the conversion process is exactly the same. I used the Marinco replacement kit though. I'm happy with the results. It took me longer than the average bear to do the change over. Complete instructions accompanied the conversion kit. I don't move as fast as I used to.

There are two threads, one by me and one by another poster. I'll try to list them here.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ord-45118.html

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ion-51649.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonPerson View Post
Hello,

I just upsized from a 2017 Jay Flight SLX 175RD Baja Edition to a 2018 Jay Flight SLX 212QBW Rocky Mountain Edition. I take delivery next week.

I would like to replace the 30A hard-wired power cord with one of the Furrion 30A conversion kits (Furrion, etc.) that has a detachable 30A power cord.

Has any current owners of a 212QBW done this mod??

If so, I would appreciate some details about how you did it and how long it took. I'm particularly interested in how you get into the power cord storage area under the sofa to disconnect the cord from the power center.

Thanks in advance

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 09:13 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
I have a 23RB but the conversion process is exactly the same. I used the Marinco replacement kit though. I'm happy with the results. It took me longer than the average bear to do the change over. Complete instructions accompanied the conversion kit. I don't move as fast as I used to.

There are two threads, one by me and one by another poster. I'll try to list them here.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ord-45118.html

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ion-51649.html
+1. On my 264bh. Use existing cord with new plug in. Didn’t even buy new cord. Slick.
CBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 02:19 PM   #4

It's on my to do list along with putting in a hardwired surge protection and a new lithium capable converter. If I'm doing one thing, I'm going to do it all!

Colby
Eastern Ontario, Canada
2018 Jayco 212QB
2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew
colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 05:12 AM   #5

I have essentially the same trailer but in Starcraft form. I also did the power cord upgrade using the Marinco kit. Not that difficult to do and you just reuse the factory power cord with included new plug on the end.

It is somewhat easy to get to the backside of the inlet and the power connections by removing the jackknife sofa. Comes out with only a few bolts/screws. You also will need to remove the wooden box that holds/contains the power cord, it is just screwed to the floor. The rest of the install just involves removing the "mousehole" inlet cover and replacing it with the new plug assy. Be sure to have some butyl tape on hand to put on the new inlet assy. Does not come with the kit.

Hooking up the power is easy, there is a metal junction box back there to make your connections. I used a piece of 10/3 romex that I had on hand to connect the Marinco plug to the junction box. All that is left is to strip the end of the factory power cable and install the supplied plug. I also use Marinco's 90 degree power adapter, it takes a lot of strain off the cord and plug.

If you go this route feel free to message me with any questions you might have, I'll be glad to walk you through it.

2015 Starcraft AR-ONE Maxx 21FB
2023 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500
mrmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 08:45 AM   #6

Everytime I think of doing that mod I realize now I have a cord to store with all the other hoses and stuff. If I had better pass through storage I would make the switch.
TaftCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 09:25 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaftCoach View Post
Everytime I think of doing that mod I realize now I have a cord to store with all the other hoses and stuff. If I had better pass through storage I would make the switch.
When traveling, I just roll up the cord and throw it in on the floor by the door. One of the last things that I put away and the first that I get out. If it is dirty/wet, I just drop it in the shower! Keep my spare/longer cord under the dinette seat.

Old 04-03-2023, 06:36 AM   #8

What's the benefit from doing this mod?

HAIL STATE!
magshooter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 06:48 AM   #9

Benefit is having a detachable power cord and not having to stuff it back inside the trailer. It also eliminates an entry point for bugs & rodents.

Old 04-03-2023, 07:52 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by magshooter1 View Post
What's the benefit from doing this mod?
I am also doing this mod. I have often times felt cool air coming out of the hole where the wire is coming out of with the AC on. To me stopping that and also eliminating a hole for bugs and rodents is a huge positive.
ChrisLoftis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 07:17 AM   #11

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...lbums2234.html

legit did mine two nights ago.
Pyro5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 12:35 PM   #12

I did this to my 267bhsw. I am partial to the Marinco kit here:

https://a.co/d/8vOoa21

The round style covered the mouse hole completely and with some butye tape, it looks almost factory.

I didn't cut the power cord, but disconnected it at the junction box. I needed about 3 ft of 10/3 Romex to replace the run.
Attached Thumbnails
PXL_20230420_002238274.jpg  
retroboy1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 02:07 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmom View Post
Benefit is having a detachable power cord and not having to stuff it back inside the trailer. It also eliminates an entry point for bugs & rodents.
+1 I always put a plastic bag in the hole to keep bigger rodents out but noticed an ant line one morning was heading up the cord. No bueno. Ordered the kit the next day.
CBears is offline   Reply With Quote