Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-05-2016, 10:19 AM   #11

Yeah I think my display may have gone bad. They are closed for the weekend but I will call again on Monday.

BrentB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 08:48 PM   #12

So we never got any feedback on the Tech-Edge sensors. I'd still be interested in any evaluation of those since they seem to be a LOT cheaper than the SeaLevel

Ford 2016 F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 12:16 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyRay View Post
So we never got any feedback on the Tech-Edge sensors. I'd still be interested in any evaluation of those since they seem to be a LOT cheaper than the SeaLevel
I did get these responses from other forums...

"I have had and used the iSeries in 2 different campers. I love the unit and plan to put it in my new camper this spring. One of the very good points I would like to make is tech support. I had a power surge of some kind and shorted the board, I sent the panel in and for $25 the repaired it and sent it back to me. A down side to the system is it does take some time to run all new wires from each tank to the panel. You can't really use the existing wiring because the existing wiring is 1 wire from each tank and the iSeries needs 2 wires from each tank back to the panel. The iSeries system was always 100% accurate. Also you can custom set alarms for what ever setting full or empty you want. i.e. Black tank you want to alarm at 80% full but grey tank you are not as worried about maybe so you set that one at 87% full and your fresh tank you set at 20% until empty."

"I had one in my KZ MXT20 for about 3 years, loved it since it was pretty accurate as far as I could tell. I sold the MXT20 last month and got a KZ MXT2920, I ordered a new iSeries the day after I closed the deal even before I took delivery.

I installed it last weekend, the 2920 has an enclosed underbelly so it was a pain to get to the tanks to install the foil and sensor, but do-able. It's a hassle to calibrate the tanks, but worth it.

I fill the fresh and calibrate the full Fresh reading, then run the faucet until I fill the gray, then run the toilet until I fill the black. I had to run the outdoor sprayer to get the fresh down and then calibrated the empty fresh reading (couldn't just drain the fresh, I wanted the reading when it wouldn't supply water to the system, not when empty).

I then calibrated black full, then dumped black and calibrated empty (I have a dump station at my home, I live out in the country and have a septic system). Then calibrated gray full, dumped, then empty. Total time on a beautiful Saturday afternoon, about 4 hours.

Only issue I ever had was on the MXT20, the black tank sensor faced forward and if I drove through heavy rainfall it would get wet and give me a false reading for about an hour after I stopped. Soon as it dried it was fine. Won't have the issue with this one since it has a covered underbelly."
Old 03-13-2016, 10:15 PM   #14

That's great feedback BrentB - thanks for sharing!
Ford 2016 F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 07:31 AM   #15

Well I thoroughly checked all my wiring and it was fine. Turns out the monitor panel itself had become faulty. Bought a new one and all is good now.