Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-26-2021, 12:48 PM   #1

EMS-HW30C Install Question

I'm in the middle of installing an HMS-HW30C in my trailer and I got to the point where I run the black wire through the sensor in the unit. The directions and every video I've watched says to make sure the arrow on the sensor points to where the wires are attached inside the unit. The problem is, there's no arrow on the sensor. Normally I wouldn't make such a bold statement because often I can't find something or can't see something and then my wife looks and finds it right away and calls me blind. But I had her look and she doesn't see one either. Can anyone either direct me to where I can find said arrow, or tell me another way of making sure I get it on correctly? A few pictures I have seen has the label on the sensor is facing the terminals that the arrow should face. Can I go by that? Or, I noticed that one end of the sensor looks like it has been glued on where the other end looks like it's part of the sensor. Can I tell anything from that? Or, if I rotate the sensor so that the wires coming out of it are at the top, should the white wire be on the same side as the white wires on both the input and output wires? Thanks for your help.

Jeff
jlawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 01:47 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawley View Post
I'm in the middle of installing an HMS-HW30C in my trailer and I got to the point where I run the black wire through the sensor in the unit. The directions and every video I've watched says to make sure the arrow on the sensor points to where the wires are attached inside the unit. The problem is, there's no arrow on the sensor. Normally I wouldn't make such a bold statement because often I can't find something or can't see something and then my wife looks and finds it right away and calls me blind. But I had her look and she doesn't see one either. Can anyone either direct me to where I can find said arrow, or tell me another way of making sure I get it on correctly? A few pictures I have seen has the label on the sensor is facing the terminals that the arrow should face. Can I go by that? Or, I noticed that one end of the sensor looks like it has been glued on where the other end looks like it's part of the sensor. Can I tell anything from that? Or, if I rotate the sensor so that the wires coming out of it are at the top, should the white wire be on the same side as the white wires on both the input and output wires? Thanks for your help.

Jeff

Not sure these will help but found them online…. Looks like the label says Renco where the bottom of letters face relay.
Attached Thumbnails
15F95849-0674-4C26-B276-563E6F6AC3FC.jpg   29DDE548-0EEA-4ACB-B9EC-0067A210CE54.jpg  
Furrion Vision S 7” Rear and Side View Cameras
2021JayFlight28BHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 02:07 PM   #3

Its been a few years since I installed but I remember the sensor having an arrow. Give progressive a call and ask them, 1-800-307-6702 press 2
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 02:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2021JayFlight28BHS View Post
Not sure these will help but found them online…. Looks like the label says Renco where the bottom of letters face relay.
Thanks. Mine doesn't say Renco on it but maybe the fact that the printing faces the relay is significant.
Old 05-26-2021, 02:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
Its been a few years since I installed but I remember the sensor having an arrow. Give progressive a call and ask them, 1-800-307-6702 press 2
Thanks Sundancer. I called them as soon as I realized my problem but I got a recording to leave my name, phone number, and my question and someone should call me back within 24 hours. I really wanted to button this up today and was pretty sure I'd hear back from this group sooner than they'd call so I took a chance.
Old 05-27-2021, 10:09 AM   #6

UPDATE: I was finally able to contact Progressive Industries and they said the sensors are now supposed to be "non directional" and so they no longer have arrows. Hopefully they'll update the installation instructions so people like me won't go crazy looking for an arrow that isn't there.