Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-19-2019, 06:25 PM   #1

Installed a country fill on our 26BH

About a year ago I bought a 60 gallon Aqua Tank 2 to fill our freshwater tank when we boondocking or without full hookups. The Aqua Tank is a lightweight bladder that works great, however getting the water from the bladder to our holding tank was a pain in the neck. I initially tried a drill pump with my cordless drill and found out each battery pack was going for about 6-7 gallons per recharge. Also my tanks became contaminated with a reddish tinted sediment that could have been ether bad water from the camp siteís potable water faucet or metal shavings from the drill pump... there had to be a better way.

The trailer has 80 gallon capacity, but with a wife and 2 small kids who like to get dirty, itís been a challenge to teach water conservation... so that being said when we blow through 80 gallons in 3 days with 4 days left to go. I wanted a solution to easily fill our tanks without having to move our trailer and would be easy to setup. I read about some RVs having a ďcountry fillĒ that pumps the water on board this sounded like a great way to go.

After looking at how the plumbing system is set up I determined I can plumb in a pump to draw water through the city water connection directly into the fresh water tanks. I researched pumps and chose a 5gpm diaphragm pump that would have the guts to pull water from the back out my pickup to the holding tank. I installed a 3 way L-valve that will allow me to also fill the tanks while hooked up to city water if needed (during freezing temps or to flush out the tanks) without having to use the gravity fill. This 3 way valve also lets me isolate the rest of the system from the pumpís suction while pulling on water, I was afraid of collapsing the water heater. I also added a 1 way check valve as additional protection.

I wired the pump to the 12 volt side of the power distribution panel and found an inexpensive remote control that I can use to shut off the pump when I am at the water bladder in the bed of my pickup when I monitor the tank level. Since the remote switch may be a failure point I added a heavy duty switch to disconnect the pump when not in use.

To refill our fresh water. I just have to fill our water bladder, drive back to camp, hook up to the ďcity water fillĒ, open a valve on the bladder to fill the hose and engage my pump and fill er up.

I have used the system a few times and it has worked great for us. I really like the fact that itís installed out of the way, I donít have to remember to pack a pump and fiddle around with hooking up to the battery every time I want to fill. Everything is ready to go when I need it. Fell free to ask me any questions.
Attached Thumbnails
0DAD6AD4-D9B2-4316-BFFA-85E01F9BBD74.jpg   8E90449C-6644-4647-9215-2B7F8CEDDACE.jpg   CDA64804-F04E-4C4B-83E0-CD9BBBCDC11F.jpg   B481906A-02C3-45CE-AD88-3D507668AF1F.jpg   65ED4EAA-B0C6-4F29-B159-1537ECD98BF3.jpg  

BigD480 is offline   Reply With Quote