Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-16-2023, 03:42 PM   #1

Installed rollers:Kitchen slideout

Added caster-type rollers to the kitchen slideout. This was on my “to do” list but I put it off too long and ended up with some cabinet damage when daughter and grandkidz took it on a 10-day trip. New-to-me, very low mileage coach purchased from a consignment lot (PPL Houston) in late November of 2022. No other major issues thus far and enjoying the coach a lot.

This idea was first implemented by an owner (about 2 years ago IIRC) who posted it on the FB Precept and Alante group. He stated that it is working just fine after 2 years, and if you get down and look real closely in just the right light you can, in fact, see very minor indentations in the vinyl flooring from wheel contact. I just did the same mod as he trail-blazed. Difficult conditions access-wise …… only a few inches to work with vertically, but worth the effort. Took me almost 2 hours per caster after I had all the shims completed, template made and hardware gathered up ….. but then I am 92 this summer, lol. In any event, just know that this "ain't no Sat afternoon job".

Seems like folks like pictures, so I have included a few. You may have to click and enlarge ..... to read my annotations.

Good times and safe travels all.
Attached Thumbnails
Slideout fix-1a.jpg   Slideout fix-2a.jpg   Slideout fix-3a.jpg  
Toad: 2016 Kia Soul w/6-spd DIY
"Be the person you needed when you were younger"
youracman is offline   Reply With Quote