Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-10-2019, 12:16 PM   #41

Nice work! I like how you sourced your own gateway and hotspot. Is the Lippert app working for you off-wifi too? I'll be curious as I think you have to have their gateway for that!

Any plans to add on to it? I've got an 8 channel relay module I'm going to be hooking up soon to control ceiling vents and work lights.
Shackrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 11:12 PM   #42

Hello all,
I have the My RV control installed in my Rv from factory. Does anyone know how to rename the slides so I can tell which one is, instead of by number?

I also have two awnings and there are two awning controllers in my basement. At quick glance they look like the same wiring connections. Can I hope that I just need to program in yhe options for the smaller awning?
Jayco 19XUD 2016 (traded-in)
Tundra 2014 (traded-in)
Dargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 06:25 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
Hello all,
I have the My RV control installed in my Rv from factory. Does anyone know how to rename the slides so I can tell which one is, instead of by number?

I also have two awnings and there are two awning controllers in my basement. At quick glance they look like the same wiring connections. Can I hope that I just need to program in yhe options for the smaller awning?
Take a look at the programming manual in post 30.
acamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 08:49 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by acamato View Post
Take a look at the programming manual in post 30.

Thanks. Looks like it is in there. Will try it later today.

If I go to all connected devices and the second awning is actually connected it would show up there I imagine.
Jayco 19XUD 2016 (traded-in)
Tundra 2014 (traded-in)
Dargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 05:46 PM   #45

Manny, nice video. How did you convert the Honeywell smart thermostat from 24v ac to dc?
oventek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 06:46 AM   #46

I finally found the password for my one touch control. But when trying to connect to my phone using bluetooth my phone doesn't see it. Am I supposed to connect via wifi or what am I doing wrong?
mbell5263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 06:51 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell5263 View Post
I finally found the password for my one touch control. But when trying to connect to my phone using bluetooth my phone doesn't see it. Am I supposed to connect via wifi or what am I doing wrong?
Wifi, the network name should start with myrv
Old 11-22-2019, 10:09 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shackrat View Post
Since we are headed out camping this afternoon, last night made for one very late night wrapping up the first stages of this project. I decided to mount the tank level sensor in the electrical space behind the converter under the bathroom sink. The wiring behind the existing monitor panel was a mess. Thanks Jayco! That decision added a couple hours on to the work since I lacked a wiring diagram, it was necessary to trace and test the wires for the tank levels, water heater gas/electric, and water pump.

I also had to fish wires through the wall to the control panel for the CANBUS data cable to connect to the 8 channel controller, plus I fished power for my Winegard Connect 2 system and installed a physical switch, and I also pulled the observation camera power cable back from the bedroom and fished it up to the monitor panel and installed a switch there (instead of the bedroom).

I'm not a fan of using quick-tap connectors however they're used extensively throughout the trailer. After identifying the wiring and pulling a few inches from the monitor panel for slack, I simply quick-tapped the tank level harness directly to them. Easy peasy, although working under the bathroom sink absolutely sucked.

Configuration was fairly simple, even without the manual one could figure it out fairly quickly. Accessing the settings menu (5 taps in the top left corner), the tablet identified all of the CANBUS connected devices right away without any issue. All that was required for setting up the 8 function controller was to name what each channel was. Fuse information was downloaded from the controller and did not require any changes.

Configuring the tank level monitor was just as easy. Each of the output relays required a specific function to be selected and a name chosen. The tank level channels only needed to be selected as "tank" and a name chosen. As an extra bonus, I used only three output channels on the tank level module so I wired up my rooftop WiFi Hotspot to the 4th and defined it as a light switch. Really cool!

When configuration was complete, the tablet automatically populated the home screen with the appropriate icons. So in the end, I've been able to control everything that I set out to. It's really cool to be able to switch on the pump, or water heater using the touch screen and still have the monitor panel switches light up.
  • Bedroom and Main Slide In/Out
  • Awning In/Out.
  • Porch light On/Off.
  • Landing Gear Up/Down.
  • Rear Stabilizers Up/Down.
  • Water Pump On/Off.
  • Electric Water Heat On/Off.
  • Gas Water Heat On/Off.
  • Rooftop 4G/WiFi On/Off.
  • Black Tank Level
  • Gray 1 & Gray 2 Levels

Here's the list of parts I used to make this work...
  • Lippert LCI MyRV #406345 5" One Control Touch Panel. ($100 eBay)
  • Lippert LCI MyRV #18451 Tank Monitor. ($180 eBay)
  • Lippert #331111 Canbus Data Harness - 2'. ($21.95 Lippert)
  • Lippert #331114 Canbus Data Harness - 10'. ($14.95 Lippert)
  • Lippert #329080 Canbus Power Connector (QTY 2). ($8.95 Lippert)
  • Lippert #333041 Canbus Terminating Resistor. ($8.95 Lippert)

Being pleased with the job so far, I took the plunge and ordered the Ground Control 3.0 system after ensuring that the leveling controller that is supplied with the kit is MyRV (CANBUS) compatible so it can be added into the network. That should be another fun project when it arrives!
My wife and I just bought our first RV.
2020 Jayco Eagle HT 264BHOK
It came with the basic wireless remote to control most of the outside stuff(the light, awning, slide, stabilizers). As soon as we baught it I started looking into up grading to the one control monitor.
I found your thread and it seems you have been pretty successful with it.
I think I have it figured out for the most part.
From the tank monitor- the tank level wires (the small 10 wire plug) get spliced into the back of the control panel to the panels tank level wires. The outputs on the tank monitor go to the back of the control panel as well and splice into my water pump, gas WH and Electrical WH wire.
The first CAN blug (on the tank monitor) goes to my 8 channel controller.
Then from the 8 channel controller I send a canbus to my one control monitor.
Does all that sound correct?
I noticed in your picture that off of the tank monitor you had a second CAN wire hooked up to it. Where does that one run too? Does that run straight from the tank monitor to the one control monitor in order to be able to activate your output (water heater, water pump)?
Thanks a lot in advance! I really appreciate it.

I just want things on the screen to begin with. Then maybe someday I will look into adding a leveling system to the one control monitor as well.
FordRanger89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 04:22 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordRanger89 View Post
My wife and I just bought our first RV.
2020 Jayco Eagle HT 264BHOK
It came with the basic wireless remote to control most of the outside stuff(the light, awning, slide, stabilizers). As soon as we baught it I started looking into up grading to the one control monitor.
I found your thread and it seems you have been pretty successful with it.
I think I have it figured out for the most part.
From the tank monitor- the tank level wires (the small 10 wire plug) get spliced into the back of the control panel to the panels tank level wires. The outputs on the tank monitor go to the back of the control panel as well and splice into my water pump, gas WH and Electrical WH wire.
The first CAN blug (on the tank monitor) goes to my 8 channel controller.
Then from the 8 channel controller I send a canbus to my one control monitor.
Does all that sound correct?
I noticed in your picture that off of the tank monitor you had a second CAN wire hooked up to it. Where does that one run too? Does that run straight from the tank monitor to the one control monitor in order to be able to activate your output (water heater, water pump)?
Thanks a lot in advance! I really appreciate it.

I just want things on the screen to begin with. Then maybe someday I will look into adding a leveling system to the one control monitor as well.
it doesn't matter the order that the modules are hooked up in the canbus network. the beginning and end of the canbus network need to end with a terminating resistor.
My network only consisted of the Ground Control module and touchscreen. When I added the wifi gateway, I unplugged the resistor form the touch screen, plugged in the new canbus cable into the spot where the resistor was . The other end of the cable got plugged into one of the spots on the gateway and the resistor was plugged into the other. When I add the 8 channel controller, I will plug the canbus cable into the gateway (where the resistor is) and plug the resistor into the 8 channel controller.
Old 11-23-2019, 04:47 PM   #50

O awesome! Makes sense.
Thank you so much for the response!
FordRanger89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 09:43 AM   #51

acamoto, did you also add the dimmable light module?
John Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 06:17 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Walker View Post
acamoto, did you also add the dimmable light module?
I didn't. I haven't done much with the project in the past few months. I still need to install the multi-function receiver.
Old 12-31-2019, 06:40 PM   #53

I replaced the original 5 function receiver with an 8 function receiver and a dimmable light module. Jayco actually reimbursed me for both modules. The customer service rep I talked to agreed that I should have control for all outside lights and both awnings! I have everything working now, inside dimmable lights, outside strip lights and both awnings. Pretty cool that I can turn on all the lights when we come back to the campsite before getting out of the truck.
John Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 09:52 PM   #54

How did you access the OpenHAB interface? I have one of these and the gateway doesn't seem to have any ports open.

Thanks
Dennis
dmholmgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 07:58 PM   #55

Unfortunately, the camper is at the dealer for some warranty work right now so I cannot actually verify this. However, strictly from memory I believe it was either http://192.168.1.1:8000 or http://192.168.1.1:8443.
Shackrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 09:32 PM   #56

Thanks. I will try it when I get back in town.
dmholmgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 11:57 AM   #57

I have been following along with all the upgrades going on and I have managed to get a 8 ouput reciever working with the handheld remote but it is not myrv compatible so I will have to switch it out. I do have a wifi gateway added in now with the original ground control showing up on the touchscreen. I'm wanting to add the tank sensor monitor next and was trying to find out if I need to use the tank sensor resistor pack or not? My current setup is just the plain wall lights that show you the levels.
Russd7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 12:11 PM   #58

Like many others I have been following this thread since almost the beginning as the wife and I have been searching for a new 5th wheel for a couple of years. I knew once we bought one I would want to add this system to it. Well we finally found our rig, it is a 2020 Sabre 36BHQ (I know, not a Jayco) but this thread is simply awesome.

We pick it up from the dealer on Tuesday. We are having an Onan 5500 installed in it since we do a lot of off grid trips. Fortunately it comes from the factory with the OneControl system setup to control the slides, lights, Ground Control 3.0 leveling and the awning. It's funny, I don't have hardy any manual switches in the rig at all which makes for a very clean control area on the wall. I want to add:

- OneControl Tank Monitor V2 - (not sure if I need the 10A or the 20A)

- OneControl HVAC V2 Dual-Zone Control with Auto-Start Generator control

- remote access capability (preferably with some sort of mifi or other cellular hotspot as I will be working remotely out of the rig part of the year)

So sorry to hear about Brian.

Troy
Flyboy369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 02:00 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy369 View Post
Like many others I have been following this thread since almost the beginning as the wife and I have been searching for a new 5th wheel for a couple of years. I knew once we bought one I would want to add this system to it. Well we finally found our rig, it is a 2020 Sabre 36BHQ (I know, not a Jayco) but this thread is simply awesome.

We pick it up from the dealer on Tuesday. We are having an Onan 5500 installed in it since we do a lot of off grid trips. Fortunately it comes from the factory with the OneControl system setup to control the slides, lights, Ground Control 3.0 leveling and the awning. It's funny, I don't have hardy any manual switches in the rig at all which makes for a very clean control area on the wall. I want to add:

- OneControl Tank Monitor V2 - (not sure if I need the 10A or the 20A)

- OneControl HVAC V2 Dual-Zone Control with Auto-Start Generator control

- remote access capability (preferably with some sort of mifi or other cellular hotspot as I will be working remotely out of the rig part of the year)

So sorry to hear about Brian.

Troy
I installed the tank monitor v2 LCI 431051. It is onecontrol compatible and it is the 20A version which is handy if you attach something to it that is upto the 20A rating. It works great so far.

I have looked into doing the HVAC control as well but I'm not sure it will control everything since my thermostat has a single orange wire that is the control wire back to the module in the AC unit. Maybe someone could chime in on this more.

I also added the wifi gateway so that I could control everything on the app on my phone. I was able to use my own router so I could use the internet on the wifi and control the app without haveing to switch the wifi networks. I tried to setup a VPN connection to connect to my home network remotly and control the myrv modules but It wouldn't allow me to. The only way i can see to control everything remotely is to install the onecontrol ConnectAnywhere gateway. They seem to have it locked down so that you have to pay the monthly service fee to control the onecontrol remotely on your phone.

One way you could get around this that I just thought of while typing this response is to have a tablet or spare phone attached to the wifi and left in the camper on all the time and you could remote control into it to control the app as if you were there holding the device in your hands and controlling it.

Sounds like I might have a cheap option to fully control my camper with what I have available currently.

By the way my FW is the 2020 Sabre 38DBQ that only had the ground control 3.0 originally.
Russd7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 04:14 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russd7 View Post
I installed the tank monitor v2 LCI 431051. It is onecontrol compatible and it is the 20A version which is handy if you attach something to it that is upto the 20A rating. It works great so far.

I have looked into doing the HVAC control as well but I'm not sure it will control everything since my thermostat has a single orange wire that is the control wire back to the module in the AC unit. Maybe someone could chime in on this more.

I also added the wifi gateway so that I could control everything on the app on my phone. I was able to use my own router so I could use the internet on the wifi and control the app without haveing to switch the wifi networks. I tried to setup a VPN connection to connect to my home network remotly and control the myrv modules but It wouldn't allow me to. The only way i can see to control everything remotely is to install the onecontrol ConnectAnywhere gateway. They seem to have it locked down so that you have to pay the monthly service fee to control the onecontrol remotely on your phone.

One way you could get around this that I just thought of while typing this response is to have a tablet or spare phone attached to the wifi and left in the camper on all the time and you could remote control into it to control the app as if you were there holding the device in your hands and controlling it.

Sounds like I might have a cheap option to fully control my camper with what I have available currently.

By the way my FW is the 2020 Sabre 38DBQ that only had the ground control 3.0 originally.
Nice! Did you buy the LCI wifi gateway? Do you happen to have a part number for it?

I would really like to be able to get the HVAC onecontrol module to work. I will need to do some more research and maybe call LCI about the single orange wire issue.

I have read in another thread where Sabre added the awning, slides and lights to OneControl halfway through the 2020 model year. A couple of the 2020 36BHQs we looked at still had manual switches for the lights, awnings and slides.
Flyboy369 is offline   Reply With Quote