Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-02-2020, 02:21 PM   #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger4343 View Post
95% of our cooking is done outside.
There is a double T under the steps for gas so I added a quick disconnect to right there. It was a convenient location for cooking. We ordered a 17" Blackstone griddle and hose for it. It has proven to be great for campsite cooking and running it off of the camper gas supply means I do not have to worry about running out of gas.
So far it has been great!
Got any pictures of this mod? Sounds like something I would benefit from!

We have a Coleman Triton+ dual burner table top stove we use on a 2'x4' table that we place right outside the door under the awning so the location of the gas outlet you described would be perfect for our use!

Sadly, my HOA only allows me to keep our TT here at the house for 24 hours, I could push that a bit(and will on weekends we don't use it when I am working on it), but don't want to be "that guy" in our HOA. But basically only have 24 hours to keep it here and work on it, which means I pretty much need to my ducks in a row when I am planning to do upgrades to the TT so I get them completed before taking it back to storage.
fisduki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 06:58 PM   #222

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisduki View Post
Got any pictures of this mod? Sounds like something I would benefit from!

We have a Coleman Triton+ dual burner table top stove we use on a 2'x4' table that we place right outside the door under the awning so the location of the gas outlet you described would be perfect for our use!

Sadly, my HOA only allows me to keep our TT here at the house for 24 hours, I could push that a bit(and will on weekends we don't use it when I am working on it), but don't want to be "that guy" in our HOA. But basically only have 24 hours to keep it here and work on it, which means I pretty much need to my ducks in a row when I am planning to do upgrades to the TT so I get them completed before taking it back to storage.
Dont have any pics of at the moment but if I remember tomorrow, I will get you some. All you need is a quick release fitting with a male1/4 pipe thread. f yours is like mine, you should have an extra port with a plug in it. Get some thread sealant rated for gas. The plug on mine was really tight so be prepared for that.

These guys seem to be really good for camping/cooking stuff
https://propanegear.com/
rigger4343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 09:27 AM   #223

Quote:
Dont have any pics of at the moment but if I remember tomorrow, I will get you some. All you need is a quick release fitting with a male1/4 pipe thread. f yours is like mine, you should have an extra port with a plug in it. Get some thread sealant rated for gas. The plug on mine was really tight so be prepared for that.

These guys seem to be really good for camping/cooking stuff
https://propanegear.com/
Mine looked like this
Attached Thumbnails
20190921_143810641_iOS.jpg  

Colby
Eastern Ontario, Canada
2018 Jayco 212QB
2020 Ford F150 SuperCrew
colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 09:56 AM   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by colby View Post
Mine looked like this
Thanks, I will be getting our TT from storage today and confirming, but if its like that, I would just have to use the existing hole that is currently plugged with the bolt to have a gas line there at the door!

LOVE/HATE this forum! You guys have a wealth of information, but you also are showing a TON of great mods you have done which is making my list grow faster than I can check items off it

Current Camper - 2019 Jayco 174BH
Old 09-03-2020, 10:05 AM   #225

That is the same thing thats is under mine.
Old 09-03-2020, 11:03 AM   #226

Looks like this is the part I need to give me the ability to attach the hose from my table top grill.

https://propanegear.com/male-pol-x-1...e-pipe-thread/

Kind of wondering if I have the right hose now? May have to look at an adapter or different hose. I originally got this gas hose to go with my Coleman Triton to attach it to a 20lb bottle instead of the little ones. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 09-03-2020, 05:58 PM   #227

The gas mod is on my list as well. I have just been debating whether to plug the quick connect to the port, or run a shorter stub of line and mount it out of the way of the fridge and a little further down the trailer.

And yeah, you will want to get a line that has the male quick connect on it to run from the trailer out to your stove/griddle.
FTFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 06:01 PM   #228

Forgot to post the addition of the vent cover. Went with the smoke because I like having light come through and it was 1" taller. Amazon sent me a cracked one 2x before I finally ordered it from some place else.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200826_133714.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	63191
Old 09-04-2020, 08:01 AM   #229

Quote:
I am not sure what my HOA rules are, but mine won't fit in my driveway very well because it is steep. I have to leave it parked on the street whenever I am loading/unloading it and I hate leaving it on the street overnight - always worried somebody will crash into it not paying attention.

The best thing that I was able to pull off was where we store it. It is covered storage and every bay has an 15 amp electrical outlet. Can't run the A/C on that, but it is enough for folks to run their battery chargers... I at least hookup so I can run the fan and lights inside. It is only 5 minutes from the house, so I have made several trips with my tools to go and work on it out there. Since it is covered, I am in the shade and out of the rain. Most of the major mods I've done have been at the storage facility.
Old 09-05-2020, 05:29 PM   #230

Strip LED lighting for tha pantry. I did this also for the "basement", but this one gets the most use. I need to run 12v power over to the area under the sink too. The 12v outlet is pretty close.

Name:	20200905_103948.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	63246

Name:	20200905_104011.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	63245

Hidden switch at the top.

Name:	20200905_103956.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	63247
Old 09-08-2020, 08:58 AM   #231

Quote:
Originally Posted by colby View Post
Mine looked like this
That is what mine looks like, but they used some sort of red thread lock on each of the hose connections. I was using a hammer to tap on the wrench, but was not able to get them to come loose. I was worried I would break the screw holding it to the frame.

Any suggestions?

Old 09-08-2020, 06:13 PM   #232

This is the quick disconnect I installed.

I think you need to use the quick disconnect in that spot and just get a long hose. Mine is around 10 or 12 feet long and I just run it over the axle to where ever I need it. Sometimes it reaches a picnic tabe or I set up a small table to cook on. My hose has the adaptor on it already for a Blackstone. But it is also a 1/4 pipe fitting on the end of the hose so I can change the fitting out to something else if needed in the future.

Lately we have been using a little charcoal grill for cooking more than anything and have not used the Blackstone much at all the last few trips.

As far as getting that fitting out, just pull. Mine was really tight and I had to use two wrenches on it to get it out. It is the sealant they use that makes it so hard.
Attached Thumbnails
20200908_180008.jpg  
Old 09-08-2020, 06:39 PM   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTFW View Post
Strip LED lighting for tha pantry. I did this also for the "basement", but this one gets the most use. I need to run 12v power over to the area under the sink too. The 12v outlet is pretty close.

Attachment 63246

Attachment 63245

Hidden switch at the top.

Attachment 63247
I like your LED lighting idea. I was thinking of doing something like that too. Maybe put the LED lighting on a door activated switch. Then its just on when you open the door.
Old 09-08-2020, 06:46 PM   #234

Quote:
Looks like this is the part I need to give me the ability to attach the hose from my table top grill.

https://propanegear.com/male-pol-x-1...e-pipe-thread/

Kind of wondering if I have the right hose now? May have to look at an adapter or different hose. I originally got this gas hose to go with my Coleman Triton to attach it to a 20lb bottle instead of the little ones. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Just thought about one thing with your grill.... Any gas line after the regulator is going to be a low pressure line. So whatever grill you are using must be a low pressure grill to work. The Blackstone I use is a low pressure grill and some single and double burners are also low pressure.

If you need high pressure like some of the Colemans are, then you may need to plumb up something off of your tank on the front. Just food for thought becasue I learned this by trying another stove I had that was high pressure. It would not burn your finger if you used it on the low pressure side.
Old 09-09-2020, 12:34 PM   #235

Quote:
Just thought about one thing with your grill.... Any gas line after the regulator is going to be a low pressure line. So whatever grill you are using must be a low pressure grill to work. The Blackstone I use is a low pressure grill and some single and double burners are also low pressure.

If you need high pressure like some of the Colemans are, then you may need to plumb up something off of your tank on the front. Just food for thought becasue I learned this by trying another stove I had that was high pressure. It would not burn your finger if you used it on the low pressure side.

Great call out! I have a Coleman Triton+ stove so it would probably not have worked.

So it sounds like I need to measure out and get a long hose and set up a splitter at the tanks rather than using the available connection by the door. A bit more work, but still easily doable!

Old 09-09-2020, 01:01 PM   #236

Quote:
I like your LED lighting idea. I was thinking of doing something like that too. Maybe put the LED lighting on a door activated switch. Then its just on when you open the door.
Yep, I was thinking that after I installed it. Something like these should work well and are 4 for 10 bucks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0892...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 09-09-2020, 06:17 PM   #237

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTFW View Post
Yep, I was thinking that after I installed it. Something like these should work well and are 4 for 10 bucks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0892...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I think those would work fine. Just when I thought I was almost out of projects for my trailer.... Looks like I have another one now!!
Old 09-09-2020, 06:20 PM   #238

Quote:
Great call out! I have a Coleman Triton+ stove so it would probably not have worked.

So it sounds like I need to measure out and get a long hose and set up a splitter at the tanks rather than using the available connection by the door. A bit more work, but still easily doable!
Really just depends on whay grill you are going to use the most. Just try to find out what your cooking device needs. It is all just brass pipe fittings so it is easy stuff to get and plumb whatever you need.

That website I listed before has a lot of good stuff on it. I bet you can find any hose set up might need there.
Old 09-09-2020, 09:01 PM   #239

Quote:
I think those would work fine. Just when I thought I was almost out of projects for my trailer.... Looks like I have another one now!!
They show up tomorrow, so I am going to find out how well they work... should be a quick upgrade for what I have. I will leave the hidden switch there as a main cuttoff.
Old 09-11-2020, 12:55 PM   #240

Works like a champ.

Name:	20200911_135115.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	63403